PDA

View Full Version : The Federal Army Brigade (FA)

Xbwalker
08-25-2019, 06:52 AM
https://youtu.be/iwDOLtIAYbM

Hello friends and allies. I am LtCol. Xbwalker of the 3rdUS and one of the representatives for the Federal Army. The FA was formed to bring together some of the Union companies into a strong unified force of like minded officers and soldiers. We started small but grew at an astounding rate. Our primary goal is to grow internally and then bring in external members. We do have a few slots currently open, if you have a company and are interested in joining a larger organization. Below, I'll list out some of our tenants.

We do not hold the past history of members against them. If you join, we only ask that any negative history you may have with others in this game remain in your past.
We are 0 drama. The current companies in the FA are very close and get along wonderfully. That's because none of us has an ego to stroke. We just want to enjoy the game and frequently hand leadership over to different COs in the FA depending on the map/situation. We also encourage COs to give leadership time to their NCOs so that there is a broad talent pool to choose from in any fight.
We require that companies looking to join the FA have at least 10 active members before they apply. This isn't because we are exclusive or elitist or anything. We simply want to make sure that regiments are healthy enough to survive things like inactivity or slow weeks.
When I say we are close, I mean it. All our companies have their own identities and ways of doing things, but when we come together for events, we work closely and everyone checks their egos at the door. We also do have a once per week brigade drill which is really fun and multiple events over the weekend numbering 2-4 typically. Not to mention random get together's during the week as well as company drills.

If you are looking for a brigade that focuses more on teamwork without imposing our will on each other, this is your stop. As I type this, current FA membership stands at around 550 members. We have all worked very hard from a starting membership of barely 15 and I'm really proud of my allies here in the FA. I'm sure many of you have seen us in public games and events, and I hope our boys are behaving themselves and performing admirably.

Other companies/brigades, feel free to reach out to me or any CO of the FA for any questions about joining, alliances, partnerships and so on. Thanks all and we look forward to fighting alongside our brothers of the Union!

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention, current companies in the FA are 3rdUS, 23rdPA, 4thPA Cav, 20thNY.B, 4thNJ, and 7thWV).
Edit 2: I realized it showed 150 members. We have grown a bit. Around 550 members now.

http://historynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/36-star-us-flag.jpg

mrvader1000
08-25-2019, 08:34 AM
We have grown a lot in a short time so here is to hopefully more fun times in the brigade !

23rdPA Cpt Hawkens

Xbwalker
09-01-2019, 09:35 AM
We just hit 70 active. We also had a great event run today and won all three fights alongside our friends in the 52nd NY. Well done

Xbwalker
09-15-2019, 08:24 AM
Welcome 6thVT to the FA!

Cairnsy44
09-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Welcome 6thVT to the FA!

Deja vu for you?

Xbwalker
09-17-2019, 05:16 AM
Haha yeah bro. 6thVVI fond memories. The family has come home.

We fielded 40+ guys yesterday. Was a really good day.

Xbwalker
09-21-2019, 08:21 PM
We are doing a full line battle today at 6:30 East. General Cody will be recording. I will also be streaming but I don't know if I can link that here. Just hit up xbwalker on steam and I can send the link.

Xbwalker
09-30-2019, 03:36 AM
Just edited the post. FA is at 140 active members from 60 a month ago. It's great to see some traction.

Other companies/regiments/brigades, please contact me if you ever want to book the FA in one of your events. Just be aware, we bring a ton of guys. Also, let me know if any of our members misbehave. We are very strict on behavior in the FA and want to make sure our guys are as professional and friendly as possible.

Xbwalker
10-22-2019, 07:51 PM
FA will be participating in the upcoming grand campaign event every Saturday at 3PM East. We will be fighting the entire civil war on a 3d map in tabletop simulator and then hopping into game to fight the battles. It was insanely fun for the beta runthrough earlier this year and lots of us are looking forward to the full war. If you are into special events, FA is a good choice for you.

Xbwalker
12-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Welcome 4thNJ and 7thWV to the FA! Now, we have Russian charges. You poor fools!

TRaider
12-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Welcome 4thNJ and 7thWV to the FA! Now, we have Russian charges. You poor fools!

Congratulations to the new groups and the FA! Look forward seeing you all on the field again.

Xbwalker
01-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Thanks Raider.

And to the rest of you, the FA is growing at a healthy pace. We just passed 500 members. It's pretty great to be able to show up to events with 50+ people consistently.

For those wondering about drama and politics, the FA stays out of much of the crappenings around the community and holds events with other low drama/like minded groups out there. For instance, much of the EU community and the Carolina Army. If you are interested in applying to the FA, hit me up at any time!

Xbwalker
01-27-2020, 07:52 PM
We would like to welcome our newest members, the 10thUS! Welcome, my fellow Regulars.

Xbwalker
02-06-2020, 09:36 PM
75 man drill on Wednesday night. When I get around to doing one of these in an EU friendly time, we may go 100-150

https://youtu.be/iwDOLtIAYbM

4th New Jersey
02-23-2020, 05:36 PM
The 4th New Jersey is a proud member of the Federal Army Brigade. As always, we look forward to standing side by side with our fellow FA companies in the heat of battle!

Xbwalker
03-01-2020, 07:09 PM
The FA is proud to welcome their newest members, the 19thIN! Welcome brothers.

Xbwalker
03-17-2020, 07:53 AM
Welcome 2ndMD to the FA!

Xbwalker
05-04-2020, 05:02 PM
I am so bad about updating this haha.

2ndMD has decided to join the 6thLA and II Corps. We wish them luck.

Also, welcome 20thNY Company B to the FA. They have already made their mark in our many events since they joined.

There's another NY regiment in the wings too that is looking to join us soon. More to come.