PDA

View Full Version : Unit customization and creation

Jonny Powers
10-20-2015, 06:30 PM
I did a little searching on the forum and saw this being discussed in piecemeal (some on buttons and buckles and whatnot, others on specific unit uniforms, etc), so I decided to make up a thread combining all aspects of uniform/unit customization. What I have are a few desires and a few questions.

What I would like to see is the ability to mix and match all the aspects of all the historical uniforms ingame, down to the button (both literally and figuratively). What I would also like to see is the ability to alter the colors of a uniform - so, for example, I find a really nice looking Union uniform but I'm making a Confed soldier so I want to turn the cloth gray, and vice-versa. I would like to see this go down to the variety of colors as well, not just blues and grays and browns, but greens (you'll see why that's emphasized in a minute) and reds and blacks and whites as well! Trim (of all kinds) is another aspect I'd like to be able to alter colors of, along with buttons and whatnot. Along with that, I also want to be able to add little personal customizations, like pins and stuff on my hat/coat. Me being a MD native, having the ability to pin Lord Baltimore's colors or Lord Calvert's cross on me to designate my allegiance to the Union or Confederacy, respectively, would be much appreciated!

Now I'm sure some of you are gonna want to go and say "Well hey, all those kooky colors are gonna make it unrealistic and make units that don't exist and weren't there at the battles!" Well, sure, this is true, but I know there's people out there who are really big uniform enthusiasts and want to make units that they love but maybe weren't active in the MD campaign. I know there was some interest in regards to early/late/western front expansion on the part of the devs. So, allowing all these colors and options will really help people like me, who want to make a super accurate representation of their favorite unit is invaluable! If I could recreate the green and gold uniform of the 5th Georgia Volunteers I would be able to die a happy man.

Now I know this will probably take a long while to implement, and I'm sure it will, but I'm prepared to wait!

My questions are, how does everybody else feel about how much customization can be allowed, what they would like to be able to do in terms of it, and what info the devs can provide in regards to it?

rebeldestroyer
10-20-2015, 10:49 PM
I agree with with you completely except they should limit the colors to actual colors of uniforms ( we don't need people in pink uniforms)
I just thought of this instead of having pre-set facial hair for the characters face what about having a little tool where you drag different sized shapes across the face to add hair and then adjust the amount of hair. This would result in some great mustaches.

Rithal
10-21-2015, 04:02 AM
I agree with with you completely except they should limit the colors to actual colors of uniforms ( we don't need people in pink uniforms)
I just thought of this instead of having pre-set facial hair for the characters face what about having a little tool where you drag different sized shapes across the face to add hair and then adjust the amount of hair. This would result in some great mustaches.

I would like a tool like that, so everyone's characters could be completely unique. However I foresee many penis shaped goatees... :D

Also, I sense that the uniform customization won't actually have like, a color slider. We will probably be provided with a wide variety of pre-created models that represent the various accessories of a Civil War soldier, and then one just decides what accessories to put on.

rebeldestroyer
10-21-2015, 05:09 AM
yes that's what i think to about the colors but we just have to hope that people are mature enough to not adopt a dick-tee.

Almanza P. Baker
10-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Lol rebeldestroyer clearly you have not played North and South or you would know that the community is largely far from mature.

TrustyJam
10-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Lol rebeldestroyer clearly you have not played North and South or you would know that the community is largely far from mature.

This is the community of WoR though, not north and south. :)

- Trusty

rebeldestroyer
10-21-2015, 10:24 PM
I have played played N and S and NW. I have nightmares from the sapper class,engineer trolls:D

Arkansan
10-22-2015, 08:33 AM
I can't wait to play just so I can have an epic civil war unkempt beard. Better to taste yesterdays dinner with ;D