PDA

View Full Version : New limited Kickstarter pledge tier "Secretary of War" launched

TrustyJam
10-20-2015, 08:03 PM
We've just opened up for a highly limited pledge tier at our Kickstarter campaign.

The Secretay of War includes:

- All of the previous rewards
- Secretary of War forum badge
- Be added to the credits for War of Rights
under "SECRETARY OF WAR tier"
- Playable commanders Jackson & Hooker
- Physical kepi or forage hat

This position was created as a deterrent from any sort of single officer’s control over the entire nation’s military by having a civilian leader. During the Civil War, the best known Secretaries of War were the imposing Edwin Stanton for the US and the grim James Seddon for the CS, the two right hand men on military matters for their respective presidents. With this tier, you get the ability to deploy yourself onto the battlefield as the iconic corps commanders Joseph "Fighting Joe" Hooker and Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, along with your own physical kepi or forage hat from the incredible shop of Dirty Billy’s Hats, renowned for their quality millenary!

Check it out at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights/description

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
10-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Pretty cool.

All I have to do is hit the lottery tonight! ;)

Jonny Powers
10-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Holy FUCK

rebeldestroyer
10-20-2015, 10:42 PM
since I don't have that money ill just make my character look like stonewall jackson when i customize their face

rebeldestroyer
10-21-2015, 12:48 AM
would that be theoretically possible

Pvt.Scott
10-21-2015, 01:41 AM
You can't make tour charachtwr face. It is random. But does that mean you can unlock the generals in game without the pledge or is it mandatory.

Bravescot
10-21-2015, 01:50 AM
Aye but an added £300 for two charters and a Kepi that could be purchases at £80. Is the secretary of war worth the boost? *Begin debate*

GreyDog58
10-21-2015, 02:16 AM
RIP Wallets

rebeldestroyer
10-21-2015, 02:45 AM
I don't think so Since if the character custumization is good we could theoretically make our own versions of those people so then we are basically paying 150 euros for a signed hat that you could probably get at some civil war themed gift shop. But, like the devs said it encourages big spenders to pledge more.

Jamez
10-21-2015, 02:48 AM
Don't forget the collectors aspect of it, being one of the only 9 people who own the signed box is a large motivation for some people. Also seeing as the signed boxes go from #2 to #10 it looks like there will be another pledge with only 1 availability.

rebeldestroyer
10-21-2015, 02:58 AM
I might go for the lieutenant general teir and maybe just maybe for general of the army

Almanza P. Baker
10-21-2015, 06:17 AM
What the heck guys???? Is it worth it to help support the game and insure that it is released? Hell Yes!!! If I could afford another bump I'd do it, and maybe by the end of the month I will cause I want this game and it bothers me that you seem to think this is all about bragging rights.
Which of course when the game is released it will be.

Bravescot
10-21-2015, 08:57 PM
What I wanted this debate to be more about is what the Devs said about insensitive.

The reason they opened up higher tiers was to attract big buyers and this is fair enough. However the main reason I opposed the idea what what more intensive could be added? The General of the Army tier I feel nails the idea of adding a higher tier; the signed drill manual and limited boxed number for a pay rise of £150 is a good intensive.

On the other hand the £300 pay rise for two in game avatars, a kepi which can be bought at £80 and a limited boxed number is not worth it. It feel a bit like they were running out of ideas for what to add.

Now can we get a proper debate going on this or not really?

TrustyJam
10-21-2015, 10:10 PM
What I wanted this debate to be more about is what the Devs said about insensitive.

The reason they opened up higher tiers was to attract big buyers and this is fair enough. However the main reason I opposed the idea what what more intensive could be added? The General of the Army tier I feel nails the idea of adding a higher tier; the signed drill manual and limited boxed number for a pay rise of £150 is a good intensive.

On the other hand the £300 pay rise for two in game avatars, a kepi which can be bought at £80 and a limited boxed number is not worth it. It feel a bit like they were running out of ideas for what to add.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I will say however, that it prolly doesn't do the campaign any good if you all begin to create posts about why you don't like certain tiers. :)

- Trusty

Leifr
10-21-2015, 10:31 PM
As posted elsewhere:

There's no debate to be had about it.
If someone with money available as a part of their disposable income sees that particular tier as something worthwhile, they shall donate. You're in no position to comment otherwise, more so if you've only pledged for a much lower tier. I find it particularly hilarious here as those without money seem to be campaigning for those with money, whilst there has not been a single peep from someone suggesting that their 'Secretary of War' tier isn't really worth the price.

People place value in different things and typically, with large donations, it isn't necessarily always about material reward.

CybrSlydr
10-22-2015, 03:52 AM

Well, two people have purchased them already - so that's how much extra money going to the campaign if they hadn't brought it out?

Patrick Kurtz
10-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Yay! If only I had that much money!

GeorgeCrecy
10-23-2015, 12:11 AM
I might also interject to say that it isn't just *any* kepi or forage cap that you will be getting, but one from Dirty Billy's Hats himself! Take a look here to see more of his products, but his work is not anything to snuff at!
http://www.dirtybillyshats.com/

rebeldestroyer
10-23-2015, 01:36 AM
I see how it's a fair deal after looking at the website but you can get one for $200 whereas the pledge increases by about $500

A. P. Hill
10-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Do we get to pick between US or CS? :)

GeorgeCrecy
10-23-2015, 01:41 AM
Indeed you do! Those that pledge at that tier will be asked ( of course in the event of the kickstarter being a success) your exact head measurement in inches, as well as which side you would like and if you would prefer a kepi or forage cap.

A. P. Hill
10-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Guess I'm gonna have to get a General's kepi. in CSA.

PGT Beauregard
10-23-2015, 05:41 PM
I see he offers a Louisiana Infantry kepi. Easy choice for me! Lots of my ancestors wore that one.

CybrSlydr
10-23-2015, 07:09 PM
I see he offers a Louisiana Infantry kepi. Easy choice for me! Lots of my ancestors wore that one.

I think I know you... ;)

A. P. Hill
10-23-2015, 07:12 PM
I think I know you... ;)

I'm pretty sure you know him too! ;)

PGT Beauregard
10-23-2015, 08:34 PM
We know us :)