PDA

View Full Version : Is this game fair?

Yonkicabreao
10-21-2015, 07:54 AM
My question is very simple:
Can i get the same (guns, uniform, range, rewards) playing as private from the begining that a lieutenant for example? or this game its again a pay to win?

*: Sorry for my english.. :(

TrustyJam
10-21-2015, 07:59 AM
Can i get the same (guns, uniform, range, rewards) playing as private from the begining that a lieutenant for example? or this game its again a pay to win?

All Kickstarter digital rewards are exclusive to the Kickstarter backers. There is nothing pay to win about it though. It'll hurt just as much to be hit by a standard issue Springfield as it will to be hit by a rare Fayetteville Type III.

- Trusty

Arkansan
10-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Well, the people that donate to the kickstarter to help get the game started will of course get a a slight advantage depending on the level they pledged. Though, if the game will have any pay to win features upon release is not certain yet. I hope not and doubt it. The kickstarter players will be few and far between when the game hits final release though.

Edit: Damn TrustyJam you're fast. ;D

Yonkicabreao
10-21-2015, 10:10 PM
All Kickstarter digital rewards are exclusive to the Kickstarter backers. There is nothing pay to win about it though. It'll hurt just as much to be hit by a standard issue Springfield as it will to be hit by a rare Fayetteville Type III.

- Trusty

Ok is the same damage but, Can i get the type III Falleteville being private? just playing?

TrustyJam
10-21-2015, 10:29 PM
Ok is the same damage but, Can i get the type III Falleteville being private? just playing?

No.

- Trusty

AgentNZ
10-21-2015, 11:30 PM

I'm sure Trusty isn't trying to sound rude as he must being going through a lot of work right now.

You need to understand that almost everything given as rewards, regarding in-game items, for the donators are merely meant to be visual in their design. You need to understand that yes it might suck for someone like you who can't donate for all the fancy things but we need reasons for people to donate so this game can be made. This game won't get made if people aren't attracted to donate.

Yes some of the guns might have slight, SLIGHT LIKE SMALL, advantages because of the technology it was built with but you need to understand these are CIVIL WAR ERA guns. You aren't being given a fully automatic rifle to spray the team with, you are given a nice fancy looking gun to play with that's all.

No matter what gun you use in-game it's going to be about your skill level with that gun and nothing more. This game is going to be about skill and skill alone, no fancy gun will change the balance of the game.

I am just assume all of this by the way.

A. P. Hill
10-22-2015, 02:00 AM
I think calling this endeavor a game falls short of what it might really be, an electronic form of reenacting. And its as fair as real life war can be. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time your time will be up.

Patrick Kurtz
10-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Well, will the kickstarter backer rewards only be available in the beta and early access? Or will they be available throughout the entirety of the game?

Jamez
10-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Well, will the kickstarter backer rewards only be available in the beta and early access? Or will they be available throughout the entirety of the game?

They will certainly be available for the released game. Donation rewards wouldn't be removed after alpha and beta that would be unfair on the people who supported the game.

CybrSlydr
10-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Let's be honest - these items are enticements. They're supposed to make you either want to buy the game or if you want to buy already, possibly pledge a tier higher than you otherwise would have. If they were available willy-nilly, that would defeat the purpose. If everyone could get the pistol, etc - why spend the extra money on a pledge?

Yeah, it sucks if you don't have the money for something that you really, really want - but that's life. You make choices, you set priorities and you live with it. I'd love to go Secretary of the Army, but I don't have that kind of cash. Does this mean that those that do/can should be held to what I can afford out of some ridiculous notion of "fairness"?

No, not at all. That's a ridiculous notion.

It's totally fair to offer things at certain levels that are unique and can't get later - it all depends upon how badly you want it and what you're willing to do to get it. Really want that Rifle? Sell some things you own that you don't use much or would be ok living without. Don't have much money? Well, go rake some yards, collect some cans, try and grab an extra shift at work or swap days with someone; something - sitting there complaining it's not fair that someone who has the discretionary income gets something that you don't is absurd.

Fairness is in opportunity to do something, not in who gets what.

A. P. Hill
10-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Well said Sir!

Yonkicabreao
10-23-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm sure Trusty isn't trying to sound rude as he must being going through a lot of work right now.

You need to understand that almost everything given as rewards, regarding in-game items, for the donators are merely meant to be visual in their design. You need to understand that yes it might suck for someone like you who can't donate for all the fancy things but we need reasons for people to donate so this game can be made. This game won't get made if people aren't attracted to donate.

Yes some of the guns might have slight, SLIGHT LIKE SMALL, advantages because of the technology it was built with but you need to understand these are CIVIL WAR ERA guns. You aren't being given a fully automatic rifle to spray the team with, you are given a nice fancy looking gun to play with that's all.

No matter what gun you use in-game it's going to be about your skill level with that gun and nothing more. This game is going to be about skill and skill alone, no fancy gun will change the balance of the game.

I am just assume all of this by the way.

I was only asking. :D
I was agree that all the guns do the same damage, i thank that