PDA

View Full Version : Melee System

Dubayoo
10-22-2015, 09:35 PM
How is melee going to work in this? Is it going to be just like M+B NW/North and South?

I'm just curious since I've never been a big fan of how melee worked out with them. The faked aiming and point-oriented blocking came off more like playing Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. The third person camera swiveling is flat out stupid since you can see people beyond your character's field of vision (in real life, you'd have to move your head or eyes which can be seen), and momentum building after contact would make sense if there was an explicit adrenaline gauge, but there is none.

The way I always interpreted it is there should be a charge speed system, first person momentum oriented aiming/blocking, and close quarters combat where muskets are dropped. You could pick a musket up from the ground after they're dropped, but until then, you'd have to punch, block, and kick (which were probably the better aspects of Mount and Blade melee). Choking and grabbing would be nice too.

Basically, think Metal Gear Solid CQC.

I'd elaborate, but this is good enough for now. This is what will make the difference between whether I donate or not to the Kickstarter project, but I don't want to divulge all the details of how I want melee to work. It's your job to come up with a good system, not mine. :-P

A. P. Hill
10-22-2015, 10:10 PM
In all the other information posted by the developers, they address the "melee" system.

T.Conroy
10-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Where could you find this?