PDA

View Full Version : Milestone Update 169: Platform System - Released!

TrustyJam
12-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Milestone update 169 featuring the platform system is now released! For a full overview of the update please head over to: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/424030/view/2904221923405280804

Leifr
12-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Excellent work CG!

Bl1zzt3r
12-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Fantastic update Devs!!! Thank you so much for the item swap change being cavalry this has made my life so much easier!

DIABLOG
12-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Awesome update gentlemen, though I was wondering if we could get more Union junior and senior artillery officer's uniforms anytime soon?

Reckless
12-02-2020, 04:32 AM
Were's My Horse

Bl1zzt3r
12-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Were's My Horse

I second this. Where are our horses?

TRaider
02-11-2021, 03:08 PM
You guys have made some great progress. Just wondering what is next and when should we expect it? Thank you!

Bravescot
02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
"Removed the regimental flag of the 42nd PA as our studies indicate that the unit was unlikely to field such a flag during the Maryland Campaign of 1862."

^ Could you point me towards the reading for this please. Just curious to learn.

Bradley
02-12-2021, 03:35 AM
"Removed the regimental flag of the 42nd PA as our studies indicate that the unit was unlikely to field such a flag during the Maryland Campaign of 1862."

^ Could you point me towards the reading for this please. Just curious to learn.

The Bucktails lost so many flags during the course of the war that the record is pretty convoluted. My primary source is History of the "Bucktails" Kane Rifle Regiment of the Pennsylvania Reserve Corps (13th Pennsylvania Reserved, 42nd of the Line) by O. R. Howard Thomson, published by William H. Rauch, historian for the Regimental Association. Specifically, pg. 182, footnote 2, identifies the regimental flag as Co. K's company colors rec'd by Mrs. Irvin because the national colors were captured a month or so prior; the PA Archives instead has the Co. I flag listed as the "regimental" which is actually a national in design. Possibly two company flags were used, or, I think more likely, over the course of time the single surviving flag has been identified with both I and K. If there was a second company flag at Antietam, it doesn't exist today and we have no written description of it.

Bravescot
02-12-2021, 11:01 AM
The Bucktails lost so many flags during the course of the war that the record is pretty convoluted. My primary source is History of the "Bucktails" Kane Rifle Regiment of the Pennsylvania Reserve Corps (13th Pennsylvania Reserved, 42nd of the Line) by O. R. Howard Thomson, published by William H. Rauch, historian for the Regimental Association. Specifically, pg. 182, footnote 2, identifies the regimental flag as Co. K's company colors rec'd by Mrs. Irvin because the national colors were captured a month or so prior; the PA Archives instead has the Co. I flag listed as the "regimental" which is actually a national in design. Possibly two company flags were used, or, I think more likely, over the course of time the single surviving flag has been identified with both I and K. If there was a second company flag at Antietam, it doesn't exist today and we have no written description of it.

I have read the book, but missed/forgot that footnote. Thank you.

It's a shame to have gone through all the effort of giving the unit two district colours in game, inculding the time and effort to give a double sided one, only to remove them later :( .