PDA

View Full Version : Tug Of War Campaign

Musket
10-24-2015, 04:09 PM
So, another suggestion for a campaign because i realized there might not even be one. A constant single player campaign would be cool, for example if you play as the union you start by pushing back the confederate offense, then you must keep pushing on the map al the way to the enemy capital. You will progress to different areas and historic battles by losing or winning battles, every win gets you one step closer to the enemy capital and victory and every loss gets you one step closer to defeat. Yes the enemies can beat you in this game that would really fun in my opinion. So once again please tell me what you think of my ideas and thanks for reading them!

(side note): this could be done later in development as i realized that right now there is no single player so this could be a later in development sorda thing like after release.

Hinkel
10-24-2015, 04:11 PM
There is no campaign mode in War of Rights.

We are featuring the so called "Maryland Campaign", which was the name of a military campaign during the Civil War. The game features multiplayer battles on historic maps of that campaign :)

A. P. Hill
10-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Maybe in the future when we get more maps and battles. I'd love to see the Peninsular Campaign or the Seven Days Campaign, even the Petersburg Campaign or the Atlanta Campaign ... okay I want to see it all. ;)

BloodBeag
10-25-2015, 06:13 AM
Or the burning of Washington campaign in the war of 1812

Bravescot
10-25-2015, 06:21 AM

Taking it a bit too early don't you think? ;)

GreyDog58
10-25-2015, 06:41 AM
Chattanooga campaign? :)

Sorta
10-25-2015, 03:41 PM

Oh yeah, my favorite part of the Civil War

A. P. Hill
10-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Well the Confederacy did manage to lob a few cannon balls at Washington late in the war when General Jubal Early made it as far as Moncacy, MD in 1864. (http://www.nps.gov/mono/index.htm)

Patrick Kurtz
10-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Vicksburg please :)

Bravescot
10-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Well the Confederacy did manage to lob a few cannon balls at Washington late in the war when General Jubal Early made it as far as Moncacy, MD in 1864. (http://www.nps.gov/mono/index.htm)

I actually didn't know that before. Thank you for this :D

A. P. Hill
10-25-2015, 08:35 PM
I actually didn't know that before. Thank you for this :D

No problem, and you are welcome Sir.

I've been an avid student of the ACW since I was 10 years old. I'm pushing 60 now and I have a personal library I have accumulated over that time, and am still adding to, estimated to be valued around $9,000 dollars. And I have read every book multiple times! ;)

Patrick Kurtz
10-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Lincoln almost died during that time, he was overlooking the defenses from a belfry, and a Captain had to yell at him to get him down because of sharpshooters.

Bravescot
10-25-2015, 10:36 PM
I've been an avid student of the ACW since I was 10 years old. I'm pushing 60 now and I have a personal library I have accumulated over that time, and am still adding to, estimated to be valued around $9,000 dollars. And I have read every book multiple times! ;)

That is one hell of a library and knowledge pool you must posses.

A. P. Hill
10-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Thank you. I hope it is.

Henronicus
10-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Lincoln almost died during that time, he was overlooking the defenses from a belfry, and a Captain had to yell at him to get him down because of sharpshooters.

That captain was Oliver Wendell Holmes(supposedly). At the very least he was there when it happened. A soldier less than 3 feet from Lincoln got shot first.