PDA

View Full Version : Players

Gman
10-24-2015, 05:25 PM
My only concern with the game is that the number of players will not be enough for the game to feel action packed. I watched the interview with the developers answering questions about the number of players there will be and for how big the maps are going to be these numbers of players could be estimates and they will change it at a later date but I just gots to know will there be enough players for these huge maps?

TrustyJam
10-24-2015, 05:29 PM
My only concern with the game is that the number of players will not be enough for the game to feel action packed. I watched the interview with the developers answering questions about the number of players there will be and for how big the maps are going to be these numbers of players could be estimates and they will change it at a later date but I just gots to know will there be enough players for these huge maps?

Our two game modes, both featured in Kickstarter updates at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights/updates talks about various objectives and a moving frontline depending upon the status of said objectives. This will ensure that the players are funneled into the same areas at the same time thus resulting in huge local engagements.

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
10-24-2015, 05:45 PM
I'd like to see the population upped if possible.

Especially knowing that certain games like Everquest or World of Warcraft et al ... can have upwards of 8 or 9 thousand on a server.

TrustyJam
10-24-2015, 06:00 PM
I'd like to see the population upped if possible.

Especially knowing that certain games like Everquest or World of Warcraft et al ... can have upwards of 8 or 9 thousand on a server.

I'm sorry but that's like comparing apples with oranges. :)

We'll do our utmost to up the player count (which is also the reason why we won't feature destructible buildings).

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
10-24-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry but that's like comparing apples with oranges. :)

We'll do our utmost to up the player count (which is also the reason why we won't feature destructible buildings).

- Trusty

Yeah I know Trusty ... and I hated to do it .... but. :)

Their graphics are also way inferior to what's going on here too.

Jamez
10-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Yeah I know Trusty ... and I hated to do it .... but. :)

Their graphics are also way inferior to what's going on here too.

The reason the graphics are inferior is because it was released over 11 years ago. There is no possible way to compare the two games when they are released in different decades and are completely different genres.