PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

T.Conroy
10-25-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry if these have already been addressed and if they have could you please link.

So I have a number of question:

1. What information has been released about the melee system?

2. How many players will be able to play on the one server?

3. Will there be other races of soldiers? So far there appears to be only Caucasian.

TrustyJam
10-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the forum!

1: Not a whole lot yet. We'll go into detail with the first iteration of the system in a future Kickstarter update.

2: This is still being worked on, both for the initial Skirmishes as well as the much grander in scale historical battles.

3: Most likely at some point.

- Trusty

Henronicus
11-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Welcome to the forum!

1: Not a whole lot yet. We'll go into detail with the first iteration of the system in a future Kickstarter update.

- Trusty

In my personal opinion a good melee system would be like mount and blade, but more realistic. For example, one should have 12 attack and defend directions, much like the numbers on a clock. In addition, to parry a blow should involve more than simply blocking in that direction. One should, for example, parry an attack to their 12 o'clock position by first blocking up, and then at the right moment(when the bayonet or sword thrust or whatever hits your weapon) move the mouse up and to either side. Attacks from certain directions would require certain parry movements(3:00 right and either up or down;5:00 down and to the right;6:00 either left or right and up a bit) Also, there should be a way to attack the dead center of the clock, which would require a parry with excellent timing but in any direction but down.

P.S. will we be able to hold out our swords like Chamberlain in the movie Gettysburg when he charges down the hill? or put our hat on our sword like Armistead over there on the left?

Willie Fisterbottom
11-11-2015, 02:14 AM
In my personal opinion a good melee system would be like mount and blade, but more realistic. For example, one should have 12 attack and defend directions, much like the numbers on a clock. In addition, to parry a blow should involve more than simply blocking in that direction. One should, for example, parry an attack to their 12 o'clock position by first blocking up, and then at the right moment(when the bayonet or sword thrust or whatever hits your weapon) move the mouse up and to either side. Attacks from certain directions would require certain parry movements(3:00 right and either up or down;5:00 down and to the right;6:00 either left or right and up a bit) Also, there should be a way to attack the dead center of the clock, which would require a parry with excellent timing but in any direction but down.

P.S. will we be able to hold out our swords like Chamberlain in the movie Gettysburg when he charges down the hill? or put our hat on our sword like Armistead over there on the left?

Please no the 4 directions are already hard enough.

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Please no the 4 directions are already hard enough.

Never learned to tell time? LOL. J/K