PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bit pessimist

Mancom37
10-26-2015, 12:06 AM
The title says it all,I am starting to get pessimist if we are able to reach the goal,not trying to share any negativity around here,does anybody experienced in kickstarter projects know if things like this are usual and normally go better?I have heard when the month ends there will be an influx of donations but do you guys think it will be enough?

TrustyJam
10-26-2015, 12:09 AM
The title says it all,I am starting to get pessimist if we are able to reach the goal,not trying to share any negativity around here,does anybody experienced in kickstarter projects know if things like this are usual and normally go better?I have heard when the month ends there will be an influx of donations but do you guys think it will be enough?

Keep spreading the word and it will be enough. :)

- Trusty

Bravescot
10-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Everyday tell everyone you know about it. I've gotten about 7-8 more people to pledge, every little help.

Sorta
10-26-2015, 02:08 AM
I'm worried too :(

Leifr
10-26-2015, 07:44 AM
Kickstarters always dip in the middle, many folk hold back till the last couple of days.

Hethwill_Khan
10-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Target communities, especially historical discussion ones. I am sure many of you are into history and participate in them ?

FanaticDK
10-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Target communities, especially historical discussion ones. I am sure many of you are into history and participate in them ?

Wish I could, the folks at my gunclub is unfortunately a little too old to be spending their money on video games :P

I did try to share it with people though, a few have backed, but it's not the easiest sell as it's pretty niche.

Devmc99
10-26-2015, 08:14 PM
We should be fine, people are posting links on reddit and such which will eventually attract donaters.

A. P. Hill
10-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Wish I could, the folks at my gunclub is unfortunately a little too old to be spending their money on video games :P ...

Excuse me. What do you consider "too old to be spending money on video games."??

Are they older than me? I'm 60 and just contributed general of the army level. Too old to play video games my ass!!!

I suggest you hightail it to the club right now and let them know!

That's an order soldier, on the double quick!

Fancy Sweetroll
10-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Excuse me. What do you consider "too old to be spending money on video games."??

Are they older than me? I'm 60 and just contributed general of the army level. Too old to play video games my ass!!!

Haha that made me smile :D

Kan du så komme afsted FanaticDK!

A. P. Hill
10-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Haha that made me smile :D

Kan du så komme afsted FanaticDK!

You're Welcome Sir!

;)

Arkansan
10-27-2015, 01:03 AM
http://img.memecdn.com/old-man-gamer_o_479399.jpg
It is really the older gamers that can contribute the most. I think it should be no surprise that this game attracts the older/more mature generation of gamers. Its a huge step back from all these newer shooters that involve mindless run and gun rounds. To each, his own :D

Almanza P. Baker
10-27-2015, 01:05 AM
Older gamer here also, 54. I contributed at General of the Army level also.
So the trend I see is older gamers equals more life stability equals larger contributions so don't assume that older equals nongamer.

So spread the Word!!

stiffstarch
10-27-2015, 01:52 AM

LOL..got you beat, Genl Hill...I'll be 65 in Feb, 2016...old reenactor too old to get out in the field. Hope to see you in the field here.

A. P. Hill
10-27-2015, 02:38 AM
LOL..got you beat, Genl Hill...I'll be 65 in Feb, 2016...old reenactor too old to get out in the field. Hope to see you in the field here.

Greetings to you Sir! I haven't been outstanding in my field as a reenactor for some time myself', pity.
And I look forward to seeing you in these fields.

FanaticDK
10-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Man you gents sure gave me a proper beating here!

I'll throw away the prejudice and show the gentlemen at my gunclub the game next time I'm seeing them ;)

I suppose 60 is not really old these days. I'd wager most of the members at the gunclub is around 60-80, with only a handful of guys and gals that weren't around when world war 2 happened *giggles*.

Bravescot
10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
......Could I possibly be the youngest person to contributed General of the Army?

A. P. Hill
10-27-2015, 03:06 PM
......Could I possibly be the youngest person to contributed General of the Army?

I'm sure I don't have a clue Sir! How young are you?

Bravescot
10-27-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm sure I don't have a clue Sir! How young are you?

17 rotations of the sun with my 18th rotation approaching soon.

Almanza P. Baker
10-27-2015, 09:20 PM
"Young in years, old in wisdom."

Bravescot
10-27-2015, 11:40 PM
"Young in years, old in wisdom."

I smiled like a muppet when I read this

Mancom37
10-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Well I be damned it seems I am the youngest member here!

Bravescot
10-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Well I be damned it seems I am the youngest member here!

Well shoot son, how old are you?

Also I am making my own pledge right here and now. In the scenario the kickstarter doesn't reach the goal I will give the £550 I pledged as a donation. That way I can still do something to help rewards regardless.

BloodBeag
10-28-2015, 07:04 AM
It is one thing to ask a bunch of old guys to spend say $30 on kickstarter but do you really expect any of them to own a gaming computer or anything nearly good enough to run the game? $30 turns into something quite a lot more then

FanaticDK
10-28-2015, 08:03 AM
It is one thing to ask a bunch of old guys to spend say $30 on kickstarter but do you really expect any of them to own a gaming computer or anything nearly good enough to run the game? $30 turns into something quite a lot more then

That was my biggest reservation. I know for a fact several of them uses computers for discussion boards and the like, but I really have some doubts they play video games, or if they do have a powerful enough PC to play the latest like WoR.

Doesn't really matter now does it? I have to present the idea to them or I'm going to be handed a solid ass whooping in here if I don't :D

A. P. Hill
10-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Trust me your perception of older people and computers is all screwed up. Geezus you kids need educated. As an engineer, I do 3D machine design work every day. The technology I have at home can be ranked among some of the best gaming computers.

Trust me, older folks who are into will have hardware that'll smoke anything Mommy or Daddy will buy you.

BloodBeag
10-28-2015, 03:50 PM
You're an engineer unlike about 99% of people over 50 that we're talking about.

Patrick Kurtz
10-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Trust me your perception of older people and computers is all screwed up. Geezus you kids need educated. As an engineer, I do 3D machine design work every day. The technology I have at home can be ranked among some of the best gaming computers.

Trust me, older folks who are into will have hardware that'll smoke anything Mommy or Daddy will buy you.

Get off my back, I will have you know I own at $50 dollar 1987 Windows. Can't get much better than that.

Rithal
10-29-2015, 09:49 PM

An engineer you say? :D You probably use or have used AutoCAD correct? I'm a few years into learning it at the moment and I can vouche, the computers we use to run said engineering programs are insanely good compared to mine :p

A. P. Hill
10-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Hello Rithal.

Among others. It is a tool and any good engineer needs a firm understanding of all his available tools.

Just a sample of something I've recently done, and it was not finished at the time.

Rithal
10-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Hello Rithal.

Among others. It is a tool and any good engineer needs a firm understanding of all his available tools.

Just a sample of something I've recently done, and it was not finished at the time.

XD That is definitely.... a little above.... what I have been working on in AutoCAD. :p I guess everyone starts somewhere.

LTC Philip A. Work
10-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Just pledged at the Col level and there are a few of my friends who will be contributing at the end of the month. I have faith.

TrustyJam
10-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Just pledged at the Col level and there are a few of my friends who will be contributing at the end of the month. I have faith.

Thank you for the support!

- Trusty

zimmer1lb
11-01-2015, 12:55 AM
There is something the "young" peeps will learn in their future............they don't know squat. :p It's all in the pigeon holing.

zimm out

FanaticDK
11-01-2015, 04:31 PM
There is something the "young" peeps will learn in their future............they don't know squat. :p It's all in the pigeon holing.

zimm out

http://abload.de/img/giphyljood.gif

That pretty much sums up what I wanted to say.