PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused

Scotland
10-27-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm really confused.

When 'fighting' will you be able to control an AI squad? Or as a private will you be under the 'command' of another player?

TrustyJam
10-27-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm really confused.

When 'fighting' will you be able to control an AI squad? Or as a private will you be under the 'command' of another player?

As a private you'll be under command of an officer who is under command of a general. For more info, please check the latest Kickstarter update at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights/posts/1393875

- Trusty

Scotland
10-27-2015, 04:44 PM
So no AIs? (I just read the Kickstarter update ;3)

TrustyJam
10-27-2015, 04:47 PM
So no AIs? (I just read the Kickstarter update ;3)

No AI's.

- Trusty

Brother_Padre
10-27-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm interested in how this will pan out on non-event servers, will Admins only be able to be Generals, is anyone actually gonna listen to the officers in public play? It all looks great, but for organised events not so much public play...

Scotland
10-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Honestly, the game doesn't seem as good now, I'd of preferred the NW AI regiment, I don't want to have to run around and take commands from someone who's most likely an annoying troll.

Brother_Padre
10-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Honestly, the game doesn't seem as good now, I'd of preferred the NW AI regiment, I don't want to have to run around and take commands from someone who's most likely an annoying troll.

It'll be fine in organised events when people are choosing to be in such a regiment with such a Colonel but i'm just worried about general public play during the day.

Scotland
10-27-2015, 06:01 PM
It'll be fine in organised events when people are choosing to be in such a regiment with such a Colonel but i'm just worried about general public play during the day.

That's what I mean ;p. I've never really been into Regiments etc, I'm more of just a regular player.

TrustyJam
10-27-2015, 06:05 PM

We've always been very transparrent in terms of the heavy group play focus we have. Eliminating trolling commanders will be easy via the in-game voting system in your regiment. If you don't like gameplay mechanics specifically tailored to group play you might want to look elsewhere.

- Trusty

Brother_Padre
10-27-2015, 06:07 PM
We've always been very transparrent in terms of the heavy group play focus we have. Eliminating trolling commanders will be easy via the in-game voting system in your regiment. If you don't like gameplay mechanics specifically tailored to group play you might want to look elsewhere.

- Trusty

Thankfully I'm more of a group player :D

TrustyJam
10-27-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm interested in how this will pan out on non-event servers, will Admins only be able to be Generals, is anyone actually gonna listen to the officers in public play? It all looks great, but for organised events not so much public play...

You'll have to listen or at the very least stay nearby (or the regiment can vote him off if he's trolling). The officer is tied into our group specialized spawn system. This roughly means that you'll always spawn in close proximity to him (unless you want to wait a great deal of time) no matter how much you ignore him and run off. We'll talk more about the respawn system in a future Kickstarter update.

- Trusty

Brother_Padre
10-27-2015, 06:14 PM
You'll have to listen or at the very least stay nearby (or the regiment can vote him off if he's trolling). The officer is tied into our group specialized spawn system. This roughly means that you'll always spawn in close proximity to him (unless you want to wait a great deal of time) no matter how much you ignore him and run off. We'll talk more about the respawn system in a future Kickstarter update.

- Trusty

Maybe have something like a Deserter mechanic like in BattleField when you reach the edge of the map you are given a countdown before death for when you stray to far from your Officer or group.

Tomten
10-27-2015, 06:39 PM
To those who doubt that this kind of gameplay works in public servers, I can say it works very well in Mount & Blade: Napoleonic wars, even without any tools or mechanic forcing team play. All you need is people with the right mentality. :) Of course there will always be idiots, but with some tools these people can easily be removed!

VictorFernandes
10-27-2015, 06:53 PM
I understand the concern but I don't believe that "young people" that enjoys CoD or Battlefield will enjoy playing this game. At the beggining maybe will be an influx of newbies but give it time and soon we will have a community that knows what they are playing and therefore we can have not 100% organized match but I'd say above 50% for sure

Potus
10-27-2015, 07:22 PM
I disagree.

We have older and younger people in our group playing a countless variety of games (including CoD and Battlefield) And they would kill for a game such as WOR sidenote: they didn't kill but they did pledged ;)

I don't want to really.... but lets take NW (Napoleonic Wars DLC for warband) there are daily events that are "100% organized" granted the one better than the other :p
Once a regiment or group or whatever you wanna call it... signs up to an event they respect the Organizers rules. And play by it. If they don't, sanctions are taken or they get removed simple as that.

The game (NW) is not to be compared with WOR, i get that. But i think you can at least rest assure that the concept of having a "100% organized event" with a bunch of different regiments, will carry over.
Just a concept taken from the scene i'm active in that i give you, but i think most people here can relate to that.

It all comes down to the community itself really, like Tomten said, people with the right mentality. Eventually the "100 % organized" events are going to be a sign up format with your regiment anyways.

The public play. Well it is what it is, Public play....

Scotland
10-27-2015, 08:25 PM
This 'community' seems very biased to 'newbies' maybe if you stopped being 'assholes' to newbies we'd have a bigger and better community

VictorFernandes
10-27-2015, 08:45 PM
This 'community' seems very biased to 'newbies' maybe if you stopped being 'assholes' to newbies we'd have a bigger and better community

Player couriers is a terrible idea! Nobody seems to think about 'trolls'. hardly any battles will be played properly.

Well then, instead of "newbies" let's call them "trolls" :p

Just to clarify, let's say people that prefer fast-paced fps like BF or CoD, hardly will like these game, they will find it boring, however, there are players that prefer both fast and slow paced games.

When I say, "maybe will be an influx of newbies" I'm referring to a situation that happened with RedOrchestra where they had a solid community and suddenly steam released the game for free or did a massive discount, can't remember and a lot of "newbies" went for playing the game, I'm not saying that was a bad thing, it helped to increase even more the community ("give it time").

Only those that will play alpha will have a more perception of the game mechanics like those that will play the early access, like I hopefully do. So when that happens I will be also a "newbie", I'm not in anyway despising any kind of people with that word.

It all comes down to the community itself really, like Tomten said, people with the right mentality. Eventually the "100 % organized" events are going to be a sign up format with your regiment anyways.

The public play. Well it is what it is, Public play....

Ahh but are we saying regiments=clans? If that's the case, yes, I have no doubt we will have organised matches (people following orders, officers doing what they meant for, etc...).

In public matches it's a different story, specially in Europe I think, all due to communication.
I have no doubts this game will shine in USA, since in Europe there are people that can't speak proper english or can't speak english at all, but I trust in the dev's to implement in-game commands :cool:

Scotland
10-27-2015, 08:50 PM
I've decided I won't play this game ;p

I've cancelled my pledge (£55.01)

See ya'

Sorta
10-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Well then, instead of "newbies" let's call them "trolls" :p

Just to clarify, let's say people that prefer fast-paced fps like BF or CoD, hardly will like these game, they will find it boring, however, there are players that prefer both fast and slow paced games.

When I say, "maybe will be an influx of newbies" I'm referring to a situation that happened with RedOrchestra where they had a solid community and suddenly steam released the game for free or did a massive discount, can't remember and a lot of "newbies" went for playing the game, I'm not saying that was a bad thing, it helped to increase even more the community ("give it time").

Only those that will play alpha will have a more perception of the game mechanics like those that will play the early access, like I hopefully do. So when that happens I will be also a "newbie", I'm not in anyway despising any kind of people with that word.

Oh man, I never got so many mg kills, and teamkilled so many times, as I did the time RO2 got that free weekend. So many noob massacres!

Jonny Powers
10-27-2015, 10:08 PM
First off, let me state that I *love* the ideas that force teamwork and following orders. You'd think that because of the nature of the game people would get it :rolleyes:
But what I would like to know is, for public play, will there be something like a free-for-all option or a way to turn off the order following bonuses?

TrustyJam
10-27-2015, 10:10 PM
First off, let me state that I *love* the ideas that force teamwork and following orders. You'd think that because of the nature of the game people would get it :rolleyes:
But what I would like to know is, for public play, will there be something like a free-for-all option or a way to turn off the order following bonuses?

It's not planned. But as everything stuff can and will be changed once in the hands of the first testers when the feedback starts flowing. :)

- Trusty

Bravescot
10-27-2015, 11:39 PM
I've decided I won't play this game ;p

I've cancelled my pledge (£55.01)

See ya'

By the looks of it you won't be missed. Your money will be though.

Devmc99
10-28-2015, 12:18 AM
By the looks of it you won't be missed. Your money will be though.

LOL, he overreacted way too much. Didn't need to leave over that.

TrustyJam
10-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Alright, no need to go further into this. Will lock. :)

- Trusty