PDA

View Full Version : Who here reenacts?

CjkCJkCjk
10-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Hello
I recently started reenacting and have a very great interests in reenacting and the American civil war, I just wanted to ask everyone, Who here reenacts, and for optional content to add this post talk about what regiment you are in or were in and maybe some funny reenacting stories

thanks,
Cleburne

thomas aagaard
10-28-2015, 10:34 PM
I do.

In the danish version of the 15th Wisconsin. (a regiment originally made up of Norwegians, swedes and Danes)
And I done a bit of Danish army in 1864 during the 2nd Sleswig war.

A. P. Hill
10-28-2015, 10:37 PM
I used to, many years ago when I was younger. Lived in New York State at the time and was in a Confederate Unit. We got invited to everyone's party!!! They needed someone to shoot at! ;)

CjkCJkCjk
10-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Nice, I haven't joined a regiment but i will be doing CSA reenacting

CjkCJkCjk
10-28-2015, 10:42 PM
I used to, many years ago when I was younger. Lived in New York State at the time and was in a Confederate Unit. We got invited to everyone's party!!! They needed someone to shoot at! ;)

New York is actually pretty CSA reenacting that I know of now

Burger Rambo
10-29-2015, 02:23 AM
I reenact, I haven't been doing it for very long only about a year. I`m with the 6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.

CjkCJkCjk
10-29-2015, 01:38 PM
I reenact, I haven't been doing it for very long only about a year. I`m with the 6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.

Cool, I don't know what the 6th Ohio did during the war, so I might start researching about that regiment.

rebeltim28
10-29-2015, 06:00 PM
I use to back in the early 80,s. 23rd Virginia, out of Richmond, Va. loved it, but then a recession hit and could not afford to do it anymore. it was great, everyone talked in first person when the crowd was around. Friday and Saturday night you might have a bluegrass band playing, keg of beer. and then the blue and grey balls (dancing)

CjkCJkCjk
10-29-2015, 07:27 PM
I use to back in the early 80,s. 23rd Virginia, out of Richmond, Va. loved it, but then a recession hit and could not afford to do it anymore. it was great, everyone talked in first person when the crowd was around. Friday and Saturday night you might have a bluegrass band playing, keg of beer. and then the blue and grey balls (dancing)
Yea reenacting is a great experience and they are a great type of people to be around

Leifr
10-29-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't reenact per se but I practice the photography directly from the period. Lots of chemicals, lots of glass and tin plates, lots of fun. Some example pieces can be found here (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?568-Art-Work-Show-you-drawings-and-paintings&p=10744&viewfull=1#post10744). I'm looking to get out next year in period clothing and equipment for the historical events across the UK.

CjkCJkCjk
10-29-2015, 07:46 PM
I don't reenact per se but I practice the photography directly from the period. Lots of chemicals, lots of glass and tin plates, lots of fun. Some example pieces can be found here (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?568-Art-Work-Show-you-drawings-and-paintings&p=10744&viewfull=1#post10744). I'm looking to get out next year in period clothing and equipment for the historical events across the UK.
Very cool, I have not seen civil war photographers at any of the reenactments i been to so nice change of pace

Devmc99
10-29-2015, 09:34 PM
I do reenacting, 28th Massachusetts "Irish Brigade". I love reenacting, only have been two years and it's already my favorite hobby. Trust me, once you actually start doing it, you won't regret it at all.

CjkCJkCjk
10-29-2015, 11:24 PM
I do reenacting, 28th Massachusetts "Irish Brigade". I love reenacting, only have been two years and it's already my favorite hobby. Trust me, once you actually start doing it, you won't regret it at all.
I haven't, just the regiment I went to my first reenactment with is based 2 hours away so i have i to look for a different

Theodor Schmidt
10-30-2015, 04:29 PM
I have been doing Napoleonic Reenacting with the 85eme (UK version) for the past year. Has been very enjoyable. However I am afraid I will probably have to drop it for the next two years since it seems like I am going to get far too busy to cut out an entire day or two.

Devmc99
10-30-2015, 06:03 PM
I have been doing Napoleonic Reenacting with the 85eme (UK version) for the past year. Has been very enjoyable. However I am afraid I will probably have to drop it for the next two years since it seems like I am going to get far too busy to cut out an entire day or two.

Sad thing to hear, Ze_King. I hope you will find a way to stick with it. It's an amazing hobby.

CjkCJkCjk
10-31-2015, 10:21 PM

yea that sucks.

Rithal
11-01-2015, 10:24 AM
I was going to get into it when I was younger. I was already in contact with a few local groups and was about to start buying up gear but a few issues came up in real life things. I have since somewhat lost interest. It is something I would be interested in doing in the future though! :D

CjkCJkCjk
11-01-2015, 02:34 PM
I was going to get into it when I was younger. I was already in contact with a few local groups and was about to start buying up gear but a few issues came up in real life things. I have since somewhat lost interest. It is something I would be interested in doing in the future though! :D
Yea It's very interesting, the people are great, I've only been in 1 reenactment and I can't wait for next season

A. P. Hill
11-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I used to run around with a Kodak Instamatic (that should tell you the time frame I did this,) in my haversack ... I'll have to see if I can drag up the negatives and get them scanned to electronic format.

Rithal
11-01-2015, 08:52 PM
I used to run around with a Kodak Instamatic (that should tell you the time frame I did this,) in my haversack ... I'll have to see if I can drag up the negatives and get them scanned to electronic format.

So... 70s-80s? XD

A. P. Hill
11-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Mid. ... 70s

Machoman44441
11-01-2015, 10:15 PM
I reenact the 3rd New York Regiment Luis DuBois company, American Revolution.

Rithal
11-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Mid. ... 70s

Hey, great music back then... but no video games! (Video games meaning games like we have today :p I don't count pong...)

A. P. Hill
11-02-2015, 06:42 PM
... but no video games! (Video games meaning games like we have today :p I don't count pong...)

Exactly why I had to reenact, it was the only way at the time to play at war! ;)

Rithal
11-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Exactly why I had to reenact, it was the only way at the time to play at war! ;)

XD Now there are twelve year olds hitting a few buttons and then slaying virtual Nazis by the dozens! Don't you wish you could do that when you were a kid! :p

A. P. Hill
11-02-2015, 07:36 PM
... Don't you wish you could do that when you were a kid! :p

No. I think I had a great childhood. I got lots of exercise, I still have a vivid imagination, I can read and write and spell, and I am healthier now than had I been sitting on my ass all those years!

Rithal
11-02-2015, 07:58 PM
No. I think I had a great childhood. I got lots of exercise, I still have a vivid imagination, I can read and write and spell, and I am healthier now than had I been sitting on my ass all those years!

True. Pre-90s kids definitely had a... healthier... childhood, generally speaking.

Jonny Powers
11-03-2015, 03:40 AM
This "back in my day..." sounding stuff got me thinking of a really interesting Vsauce video I saw this morning! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

stiffstarch
11-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Been a reenactor since, 1987. 2nd US Regulars, Co C and the 20th Maine Co E OF Vincent's Brigade. from East Coast of USA.

Forlorn Hope
11-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Dev, which company of the 28th Mass? I used to run with the 28th Mass Co. B when I had things called "time" and "money" :P (And lived in the DC/NoVA area.)

(Now I'm getting into competitive shooting with flintlocks as I live an hour and a half south of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association.)

Devmc99
11-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Dev, which company of the 28th Mass? I used to run with the 28th Mass Co. B when I had things called "time" and "money" :P (And lived in the DC/NoVA area.)

(Now I'm getting into competitive shooting with flintlocks as I live an hour and a half south of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association.)

Company H. Our unit is based out of Massachusetts.

Patrick Kurtz
11-05-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm getting ready to join the 11th Mississippi, or the "Lamar Rifles", it's kinda fun because in more Northern/Central battles they'll reenact as confederates, but in more southern battles they'll act as Union

Theodor Schmidt
11-07-2015, 11:59 PM
Here is a video of my unit at Waterloo, sadly I wasn't able to due to having to take my LAST exam the day everyone was heading off :mad:. However the videos I watched looked amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/martin.ijdo.7/videos/1101631486530392/

zac
11-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Hi there! Some of you may know me from Taleworlds or FSE, But I reenact AWI/Napoleonic and WW2 here in Australia :)

Soggyllama
11-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Private with the Second Wisconsin, and sad the season is over.

conquistador
11-09-2015, 06:02 AM
I reenact. I'm part of the 4th US Regular infantry. We reenact mostly in Washington but do some events in Oregon too.

LTC Philip A. Work
11-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Does it count if I would like to reenact?

spe801
11-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Yeah, Sup?

Theodor Schmidt
11-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Does it count if I would like to reenact?

What period/side would you like to reenact?

LTC Philip A. Work
11-13-2015, 10:40 PM
ACW Confederate Hoods Brigade.

I know of a local group here in Austin but since I just moved here I haven't had the chance to attend an event or drill date.

Pinckney
11-14-2015, 06:21 PM
I do German WW2 reenacting, not civil war but still reenacting haha. I am starting German Rev War, US WW1, US WW2 and US Vietnam reenacting as well. My goal is to have one impression for each of those by the end of next year.

rapier17
11-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Another reenactor here, and again one who is not a US Civil War reenactor. Now English Civil War?..

http://i.imgur.com/sv8L6Tk.jpg

Todesengel
11-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Hey. If there is a group in my are, I want reenact too. The group should be in Austria or southern Germany. I hope you insiders know a group in my area

Rithal
11-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Another reenactor here, and again one who is not a US Civil War reenactor. Now English Civil War?..

Very cool! Its not every day that you find an English Civil War reenactor :P I have always been interested in it though.

Theodor Schmidt
11-14-2015, 08:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sv8L6Tk.jpg

Ah good to see more British reenactors, what unit are you with?

Also have you considered joining a unit of Sundanese rebel militia men :D

For those who dont get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6cpU_iIqLs

stiffstarch
11-14-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm a reenactor..started in 1987. 2nd U.S. Regulars Co.C...our brigade is made up of regiments that all fought on 2nd day at Gettysburg around Little Round Top so we call ourselves Vincent's Brigade even though not all of our respective regiments were actually in Vincent's Brigade

Being in Baltimore, MD, i get to go to Antietam and Gettysburg quite often.

Zen6996
11-15-2015, 03:16 AM
I am i reenactor with both the 2nd USSS Company D and the USS Tahoma Marine Guard up in rainy Washington State

rapier17
11-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Ah good to see more British reenactors, what unit are you with?
We're the 'Tower Hamlets Trayned Bandes', a militia unit from the 'Cittie of London'.

Carter
11-17-2015, 02:21 AM
I do German WW2 reenacting, not civil war but still reenacting haha. I am starting German Rev War, US WW1, US WW2 and US Vietnam reenacting as well. My goal is to have one impression for each of those by the end of next year.

Ja, Korporal! I'm a WWII reenactor myself, I reenact 1st ID USGI "Straight-leg, dog-faced grunts of the war" as my CO likes to call it. Unit's based out of SC, but I personally live in NC, I've been doing it for about 6 months, and haven't regretted it so far, so much fun! Also, that's definitely a tall order as far as kits go, you must be of the... "richer" variant, lol. Definitely cool though. I'd love to be down to do Civil War reenacting once I get my kit for WWII sorted...

This was an event I did recently, up in Conneaut, Ohio. It was a reenactment of the Battle of D-Day, with over 1,700 reenactors! https://ddayohio.smugmug.com/2015-Photos

conquistador
11-17-2015, 06:30 AM
I reenact. I've been reenacting for about 4 years now. I reenact with the 4th U.S. Regulars Co. C
I remember in my third or fourth battle, I was a runner for the commander of the union forces seeing as I was too young to use a rifle at the time. We (the colonel's staff and I) were all standing around a fair distance from the lines. Both wing commanders were there so pretty much the entire leadership for the union forces was just standing around. Suddenly one of the cannon canisters goes off right next to us. We all just sorta look at it and the colonel turns to us and says "well, I guess we're dead now" and we all awkwardly lay down on the field. Definitely one of my favorite reenacting memories.

conquistador
11-17-2015, 06:34 AM
I am i reenactor with both the 2nd USSS Company D and the USS Tahoma Marine Guard up in rainy Washington State

Well I didn't think I'd run into anyone from the WCWA on here honestly. I am with the 4th U.S.

Triton
11-17-2015, 06:55 PM
I wish I could reenact but seeing as my state wasn't really even a thing it is hard to get into any groups that are still active. P.S In case you can't read which state I'm from bellow my picture I'm from Colorado.

CivilLetsPlays
11-29-2015, 01:43 AM
Little late response here but I'm a Civil War reenactor with a unit in Austin Texas. I'm also a War of 1812, WW1, WW2, and Vietnam reenactor as well and was recently promoted to Corporal in my unit. Also asking a question here myself but who went to Gettysburg 150th? I was with the Red River Battalion portraying the Texans and Kemper's Brigade at Pickett's Charge, just wanted to know who attended with me.

CjkCJkCjk
11-29-2015, 01:50 AM
Little late response here but I'm a Civil War reenactor with a unit in Austin Texas. I'm also a War of 1812, WW1, WW2, and Vietnam reenactor as well and was recently promoted to Corporal in my unit. Also asking a question here myself but who went to Gettysburg 150th? I was with the Red River Battalion portraying the Texans and Kemper's Brigade at Pickett's Charge, just wanted to know who attended with me.
Only reenactment I've been in is Sailor's Creek at Zoar OH

William
12-01-2015, 11:36 AM
I did but in the Napoleonic Area as:
3tes Infanterie Regiment Erzherzog Carl 1ste Grenadier Kompanie

Landree
12-02-2015, 06:23 AM
I've done a lot of reenacting with 3rd Regiment ANV. My latest event I fell in with them was 150th Appomattox.

Out West I've been doing artillery with original 6" ordinance rifles, yet my father and I want to take command of one gun and go to events to do our own thing without a battery due to our guys being really farby. It's something of a project to get the battery back in shape, but sadly it still is "Silly War" reenacting. No sense of urgency, stale combat, barely any casualties, and battles as mind-numbingly same no matter the actual scenario.

It's why WWI and WWII is a breath of fresh air for me at least on the tactical side of things. I'm sure there are good War Between the States units and battles out there - I've just been to far too few. Just being able to represent a Southern soldier is rewarding enough.

Hatchmo
12-11-2015, 01:13 PM
I reenact with the 2nd SC Rifles in upstate SC.

Reimer
12-13-2015, 01:02 AM
I've been with the 69th NY in the ACWA for about five years now. Going back up to Fort Point in San Francisco this January for a two day event, we get to stay overnight.

Gonna be with a Southern company when WoR comes out, though.

Cube210
12-13-2015, 01:03 AM
I go to a few Mountain Man meetings.

Am I still kinda in the spectrum with y'all? :D

Devmc99
12-13-2015, 05:24 AM
I go to a few Mountain Man meetings.

Am I still kinda in the spectrum with y'all? :D

Mind sharing what that is?

Johnnyboy
12-13-2015, 10:20 AM
I do World War 1 and World War 2 Germans in Australia does that count?

CjkCJkCjk
12-13-2015, 03:32 PM
I do World War 1 and World War 2 Germans in Australia does that count?
Yes, Yes it would.

Cube210
12-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Mind sharing what that is?

It focuses more on the mountain men and how they lived. There are competitions for black powder shooting, Fire starting, bow, Knife and tomahawk etc.

Go to places such as Fort Parker here in Texas.

I don't have the gear nor the real drive to do Civil War reenactments. I hear about a lot of drama, button Nazi's, monetization and I'm just not into it. Love my guns too much to put them through that.
I tried it out though and it was pretty good.

HydricAcid
12-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Well I didn't think I'd run into anyone from the WCWA on here honestly. I am with the 4th U.S.

Its nice ro run into friendly faces. I'm with the WCWA too. 2nd USSS and USS Tahoma Marines.

[RG]Chewie
12-15-2015, 04:48 AM
I reenact as well, i'm with the 71st Pennsylvania second regiment USV.

MacMillan
12-16-2015, 07:17 AM
Sergeant, 2nd South Carolina Regulars reporting!

William
12-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Is there any ACW Regiment in Europe do you guys know ?

Soulfly
12-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Is there any ACW Regiment in Europe do you guys know ?

This might be helpful for you http://www.cwra.at/

William
12-18-2015, 10:46 AM
This might be helpful for you http://www.cwra.at/
*kiss left kiss right* xD hahaha thanks mate ^^

Soulfly
12-18-2015, 11:57 AM
*kiss left kiss right* xD hahaha thanks mate ^^

You are welcome buddy, but please check the forum rules....especially number 5 ;)

William
12-18-2015, 03:39 PM
hä xD what ?

*reading rule number five*

.....really Soulfly xD ?

thomas aagaard
12-19-2015, 06:31 PM
I know of groups in Spain, Franch, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland and the UK..

and this FB groupe:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CivilWarInEuropa/?fref=ts

union_cannoneer
07-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Reviving this old thread....

Union light artillery reenactor here. I am unapologetically a Snot Nosed Yankee – it says so right on my belt buckle. :)

I've been in the hobby for a year or so but my interest in the war long precedes that. My unit is the 6th New York Independent Battery, based out of the NY/NJ area. I guess you could call my unit "mainstream" in that it's neither too farby nor too hardcore. Some people might take issue with that, and I personally strive for a more "progressive" impression, but I really like my pards. Many of them have actual military experience in (modern) artillery or have been reenacting for a long time, so they really know their stuff.

This isn't a memory, but one of the best things about reenacting that I've found is how it can bring people of different backgrounds together based on a common love of history. I'm not in-your-face about my political views, but it's safe to say that I'm more "liberal" than most people in my unit or in the hobby at large. Still, it's never been a problem at all. My unit accepts me for myself and I accept them for themselves; we share the same meals, camp in the same rain or heat or bitter cold, and work the same cannon, so our lives and limbs are literally in each other's hands. If you can safely work on a gun crew, follow orders, get along with others, and put time and effort into your impression (even when funds are short – we know how this hobby hurts the wallet!), then the rest doesn't matter.

As reenactors, we may not be able to get everything exactly right, but I think the camaraderie is something the boys of '61-'65 would recognize.

Jack Clock
07-18-2016, 08:14 AM
I am at the bare minimum age to reenact, but I am planning on joining either a Spanish-American War regiment, or a WW1 regiment. Spanish-American War always interested me, and I have studied it for quite a while, even having me write ideas for a video game on it.

Grant97
07-18-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm a reenactor here in Italy. At the moment I'm the "historian" for the company and official photographer :)

Hiram Lee
07-18-2016, 10:48 AM
i was part of the 18th Texas I was a 2nd Lieutenant from the time i was 4 until i was eight and then im a 1st Lieutenant since then. And funny story. This private was walking by and seeing i was a kid and being a nice human being he followed my orders for him to march.

David Dire
07-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Just signed up in a Union Regiment a couple days ago. Haven't met them yet, however I may be participating in a reenactment as early as next month.

csheffield1
07-18-2016, 06:22 PM
I reenact with the 12th Tx Dismounted Cavalry and Skirmishers. In Texas of course.

union_cannoneer
07-18-2016, 07:06 PM
i was part of the 18th Texas I was a 2nd Lieutenant from the time i was 4 until i was eight and then im a 1st Lieutenant since then. And funny story. This private was walking by and seeing i was a kid and being a nice human being he followed my orders for him to march.

Second Lieutenant at age 4? Heavens, you got promoted faster than Johnny Clem. Nice. XD

Hiram Lee
07-19-2016, 03:40 AM
Second Lieutenant at age 4? Heavens, you got promoted faster than Johnny Clem. Nice. XD

thanks but it was my Dads Regiment
and yet my position was still serious cuz i learned tactics and ranks

Mikevpd
07-22-2016, 07:45 PM
I started in the hobby at Franklin in 1989. 8th Missouri (US)

LocJope
07-22-2016, 07:59 PM
I reenact with the 22nd Arkansas Volunteer Infantry, Company Cee. I got an event in about a week.

Oleander
07-22-2016, 08:18 PM
I used to. Spent around a dozen years in the hobby, served as 1st SGT for the last couple, no time to do it anymore stay too busy at work.

Lance Rawlings
09-21-2016, 03:25 AM
I reenact and love it! I am with both the 26th NC Regiment and the 27th NC Co D. I actually just went to Fort Macon this past weekend:

There is also a Bennett Place Living History event "School of the Soldier" for anyone in the area or willing to make the drive this weekend. Saturday 24th-Sunday 25th. Event opens for spectators at 10:00 each morning.

What events have y'all been to recently or plan on attending?

ThePatriot98
09-21-2016, 03:32 AM
I was at Colonial Plantation Civil War Battle last weekend in PA.

Lance Rawlings
09-21-2016, 03:34 AM
I was at Colonial Plantation Civil War Battle last weekend in PA.

Awesome! I'll have to check that out.

Kyle422
09-21-2016, 02:00 PM
I have been reenacting since I was about 17 here is a picture taken last weekend at Ikes farm in Gettysburg. Don't mind the guy on my right we all have that one friend you know. I was on a full auto 30 cal machine gun as you can tell by my assistant gunner beside me on the left I'm in the middle in my m43s this was a market garden event. We were sitting in the back of a CCKW two and a half ton waiting to get to the go to ride into battle. Yes I "shot" a lot of Germans that weekend the waffen SS guys were fun they tried walking out into the street while a full auto machine gun was firing yeah that didn't work well for them.

http://imgur.com/akOGJoM.jpg

Pinckney
09-21-2016, 02:22 PM
As someone who reenacts SS, at least they took a hit. I've seen airborne run across a street with a MG42 less than fifty feet away and an entire squad made it across without one hit. But just like SS, the few terrible impressions ruin the other good ones. Anyone going to Rockford this weekend?

Kyle422
09-21-2016, 03:55 PM
As someone who reenacts SS, at least they took a hit. I've seen airborne run across a street with a MG42 less than fifty feet away and an entire squad made it across without one hit. But just like SS, the few terrible impressions ruin the other good ones. Anyone going to Rockford this weekend?

Agreed. I try to take hits but when you are carrying a 20 thousand dollar machine gun you can only do so much. Don't expect me to fall on the ground and play dead when I carry this thing its worth much more than getting it banged up like that. However if I am carrying my Carbine ill take the most epic hit you have seen I don't care if it gets messed up.

RhettVito
09-21-2016, 04:31 PM
As for me I do Civil War reenacting ;)

12th Connecticut Co.D

16th LA Co .D

Kyle422
09-21-2016, 05:12 PM
as for me i do civil war reenacting ;)

12th connecticut co.d

16th la co .d

farrrrrbbbbbbb XD

RhettVito
09-21-2016, 07:01 PM
farrrrrbbbbbbb XD

Piss off kyle :o

Bravescot
09-21-2016, 07:04 PM
farrrrrbbbbbbb XD

Kyle has spoken! Let it be known that RhettVito is a farb!

RhettVito
09-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Kyle has spoken! Let it be known that RhettVito is a farb!

Bastards :) why don't piss off aye ? oh and kyle can blow it out his ass :)

Bravescot
09-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Bastards :) why don't piss off aye ? oh and kyle can blow it out his ass :)

I love how you seem to think the ':)' will save you from this incoming infraction. You're so cute xD

RhettVito
09-21-2016, 07:20 PM
I love how you seem to think the ':)' will save you from this incoming infraction. You're so cute xD

I'll take the infraction lol that cute :) want a cookie?

Kyle422
09-21-2016, 07:45 PM
My bad man, Its just a joke I thought we were friends. Its reenacting if we cant take simple jokes such as this then one should not be reenacting.

RhettVito
09-21-2016, 09:38 PM
My bad man, Its just a joke I thought we were friends. Its reenacting if we cant take simple jokes such as this then one should not be reenacting.

Well I do have to say yes I just took it too harsh sorry bro

yoyo8346
09-22-2016, 12:04 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

Lance Rawlings
09-22-2016, 12:11 AM

That. Was. Perfect.

Locke1740
09-22-2016, 02:51 AM
I have been reenacting since I was about 17 here is a picture taken last weekend at Ikes farm in Gettysburg. Don't mind the guy on my right we all have that one friend you know. I was on a full auto 30 cal machine gun as you can tell by my assistant gunner beside me on the left I'm in the middle in my m43s this was a market garden event. We were sitting in the back of a CCKW two and a half ton waiting to get to the go to ride into battle. Yes I "shot" a lot of Germans that weekend the waffen SS guys were fun they tried walking out into the street while a full auto machine gun was firing yeah that didn't work well for them.

http://imgur.com/akOGJoM.jpg

Is that an 82nd Division insignia I see???

And also this November I will get into my first reenactment at the first tactical of the Battle of Honey Hill!

Lance Rawlings
09-22-2016, 02:54 AM
Is that an 82nd Division insignia I see???

And also this November I will get into my first reenactment at the first tactical of the Battle of Honey Hill!

I was looking at Honey Hill the other day! I'll have to look it up again and see if I can make it. It's in SC, right? And is there any registration forms/cost?

Locke1740
09-22-2016, 02:56 AM
I was looking at Honey Hill the other day! I'll have to look it up again and see if I can make it. It's in SC, right? And is there any registration forms/cost?

Yes it's in Beafort and it'll be hosted by SCV Camp 2100 Col. Charles Colcock. I believe there is a Facebook page on it with registration and such on it!

Lance Rawlings
09-22-2016, 02:57 AM
Yes it's in Beafort and it'll be hosted by SCV Camp 2100 Col. Charles Colcock. I believe there is a Facebook page on it with registration and such on it!

Great, thanks! What unit are you going with?

Locke1740
09-22-2016, 02:58 AM
Great, thanks! What unit are you going with?

Here it is!

https://m.facebook.com/honeyhillsc/

Lance Rawlings
09-22-2016, 03:02 AM
Here it is!

https://m.facebook.com/honeyhillsc/

Thanks!

Kyle422
09-22-2016, 04:22 AM

Gotta love memes they make life a whole lot easier!

Landree
10-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Who's heading to Fort Indiantown Gap, Battle of the Bulge this January?

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12644831_134073433643244_3069667259107486037_n.jpg ?oh=738d7406deb53e80c1474ba8a6a302e2&oe=587918ED
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/12615743_832338063542537_3760570797917152078_o.jpg
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12644634_918187771612407_1297620750990461279_n.jpg ?oh=7592f9d1b6ab6473adb72443d0f2999b&oe=5874CB6B

Pinckney
10-03-2016, 02:23 AM
I got invited to go with some of my guys(2. Kompanie TK Rgt. 1) but I'm not sure if I will make it. I have two events in February I need to make, so that kind of complicates things. Also, living three hours from the closest guy in my unit does not help.

Landree
10-03-2016, 03:14 AM
Damn, I didn't know Totenköpf was interested in going to FIG! I highly recommend it. Event of the year for me.

JmCraz8
10-05-2016, 11:54 PM
36th VA here

Verdaka
10-06-2016, 01:53 AM
9th Ky (i'm down in TN though)

Jack Clock
02-16-2017, 05:59 PM
NECROPOST!

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I want to join a regimwnt when I get the money to. However, I am debating on what to do. Either Spanish-American war, WW1, or Vietnam, with other possible wars. Which ones do you think I should partake in?

Kyle422
02-16-2017, 09:46 PM
I just started reenacting the 69th PA Co.D I've also been a ww2 reenactor for 5 years now. I use to reenact H. Co 508th PIR. But now I reenact Co. G 507th PIR which was also part of the 82nd airborne and the 17th Airborne during ww2. I carry an m1 carbine and I am a full auto 30 Cal, gunner/asst gunner.

- Kyle

Henry_Love
02-16-2017, 10:12 PM
I reenact with Bledsoe's Battery. Been working the cannons for about 10 years now. We also go out as a skirmishing unit as well.

Shaw
02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
I reenact in the Napoleonic Wars and in the American Civil War on EU Side :) for more then 8 years now, its still a pleasure!
-American Civil War: 2nd Wisconsin Comp. A 1st Lt
-Napoleonic Wars: General Adjutant, Major

Deelambs
04-04-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm 1st Sgt D. John Callahan of the 3rd KS Light Artillery. Going to Shiloh event this weekend as adjutant under Captain Lafferty, in fact. Been doing it for about six years.

Johnnyboy
04-05-2017, 08:12 AM
I do WW2 US. 35th Infantry Division. 35th Reconnaissance Troop

RhettVito
04-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Me as Confederate

http://i.imgur.com/2gV6QBa.jpg

Saris
04-06-2017, 02:32 AM
I would like to reenact but I never had the chance to do it.

Locke1740
04-09-2017, 09:17 PM
I actually just participated in my first reenactment yesterday! It was the Battle of Charleston and I was with Hart's battery, on position 4. In the battle that the Battle of Charleston represented, Bloody Bridge/Burdens Causeway my ancestor Francis Asbury Taylor (who ever since then everyone in my family except me has had Francis in their name) fought in the artillery!

Joshua Chamberlain
04-09-2017, 11:27 PM
I just got home from the 155th Shiloh

rapier17
04-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Just taken my 1704-20 kit out of storage in readiness for a trip to Spain this weekend, specifically to Almansa, south of Valencia. Our group has been invited to join in on the 310th anniversary of the battle that took place there. Where the British lost.

Bugger...

(Excuse the 'selfie' nature of the picture, but there was no-one else around to take a picture)

acheter
04-18-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm part of the 4th US Regular infantry.

dmurray6
04-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Never re-enacted, but started attending them when I was 12 years old. First was Battle of Brandy Station in Culpepper, VA. I've also been to the re-enactment of the Battle of New Market and the Battle of Gettysburg. Have considered joining a unit that would take part in the Battle of McDowell, VA, where my Great Grandfather was part of Co. E, 31st VA Infantry. However, it seems hard to find a group that does their living history. I'd like to carry my Great Great Grandfather's billfold back onto the battlefield so it can be there for a second time. Call me flaky, but I feel like there's something neat about having an item of an ancestor and being present at the same battle he was, with it in my pocket. That should hopefully happen on May 6 of this year. Anyone in the Maryland/Virginia surrounding area, interested, look up the battle of McDowell and come check it out.

Joey61301
04-19-2017, 03:20 AM
I reanact for the 143rd New York Volunteer Infantry we will be attending neshaminy.

Reuben Anderson
04-21-2017, 08:27 PM
i do some, but medieval, member of a group that specialize in the monastic orders of the crusades, be it the ones visiting hotter climates or the ones moving east.

Kyle422
05-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Me reenacting as the 1st SS Leibstandarte "Adolf Hitler".

These are pretty cool. I also have a 1st SS uniform I do medic and tank crew. Unfortunately I only have pictures of my allied impression.

[RG]Chewie
05-16-2017, 11:12 PM
Me leading company K of the 71st PV at Neshaminy State park.

Dman979
05-18-2017, 05:00 PM
Chewie;60038']Me leading company K of the 71st PV at Neshaminy State park.

Neshaminy Creek was the first Civil War reenactment I went to, and the second reenactment I had ever been to.

Best,
Dman979

Leifr
07-02-2017, 11:36 PM
A question for you fine folks; is there a degree of authenticity between 'X' and 'Y' style suspenders? I've read conflicting reports and I'm looking to invest wisely.

viewer
07-11-2017, 08:53 AM
Francis Ford Coppola's classic "The Godfather" trilogy has been a lifelong obsession for Dimitar Berbatov, who used the iconic movies to learn English as a young boy growing up in Bulgaria.

So it's perhaps not surprising that the 36-year-old striker chose to re-enact a scene from the cinematic masterpiece to help promote his upcoming charity match.

Duke Of Longtree
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Chewie;60038']Me leading company K of the 71st PV at Neshaminy State park.

where did the rest of your kit go ?

Dether
07-15-2017, 06:16 PM
I love and respect all you re enactors .. the only bit I have done is a local thing at fort mims, being I am mvskokee, but I have had the gift of watching so many of you so many times and applaud you.

Old Faithful
07-22-2017, 08:16 AM
Watching all of the WoR vids on YT reminds me very much of my 20+ years of reenactment, first with the Sealed Knot (English Civil War), then SOSKAN (American Civil War) and lastly the Napoleonic Association, all UK based. Can't wait to rekindle that fun only this time on the virtual battlefield.

Mercanto
07-25-2017, 10:00 AM
I re-enact the Civil War and the War of 1812. I do British and US for 1812, and Federal for US Civil War.

Civil War re-enacting is pretty small in Canada, so you have to go to the States for the big events. Nevertheless, the little, and farby, Canadian events are fun.

Dude
07-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Hello
I recently started reenacting and have a very great interests in reenacting and the American civil war, I just wanted to ask everyone, Who here reenacts, and for optional content to add this post talk about what regiment you are in or were in and maybe some funny reenacting stories

thanks,
Cleburne

I do not but I love to watch them.

Duke Of Longtree
07-31-2017, 10:37 PM
I just got a new commutation jacket i need to get my Cpl strips on it

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20507391_466149313784272_8960771691480376407_o.jpg ?oh=eff85d98ba543ef6a2fa14c23fc5ce3c&oe=5A39591A

Munger123
08-05-2017, 09:43 AM
I used to re-enact the civil war a few years ago as part of a group in England. I was with the CSA as a company member of the Palmetto Sharpshooters.

Lance Rawlings
08-05-2017, 02:50 PM
I used to re-enact the civil war a few years ago as part of a group in England. I was with the CSA as a company member of the Palmetto Sharpshooters.

Nice!

A. P. Hill
08-05-2017, 02:58 PM

Knowing this, in generalities just blows my mind. How and Why people would get together to reenact history that wasn't actually a part of their national heritage. I mean I would totally understand if you said you were in to American Revolution or War of 1812 reenacting ...

Yes, I know, there are folks here whose ancestors came to the U.S. at that time and participated, but it always surprises me to see the numbers of Europeans who reenact American History.

And I am aware of many foreign nationals on this board who also participate in their country with reenactments of the American Civil War. But I feel I have to say, I don't see many national Americans reenacting much European national history.

So I guess I'm missing the reciprocity aspect. So, Thank You folks that do this.

Saris
08-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Knowing this, in generalities just blows my mind. How and Why people would get together to reenact history that wasn't actually a part of their national heritage. I mean I would totally understand if you said you were in to American Revolution or War of 1812 reenacting ...

Yes, I know, there are folks here whose ancestors came to the U.S. at that time and participated, but it always surprises me to see the numbers of Europeans who reenact American History.

And I am aware of many foreign nationals on this board who also participate in their country with reenactments of the American Civil War. But I feel I have to say, I don't see many national Americans reenacting much European national history.

So I guess I'm missing the reciprocity aspect. So, Thank You folks that do this.

you havent seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGLceQp8i8U

Duke Of Longtree
08-05-2017, 07:39 PM
you havent seen this

yes and they look better than a lot of Americans i see which says something

A. P. Hill
08-05-2017, 07:44 PM
you havent seen this

Actually? No. Amazing!

I'll give it a watch! :)

chamberlain
08-05-2017, 11:22 PM
I Reenact with the 3rd Maine Company A

Pvt.Robert C. Horn
08-11-2017, 10:57 PM
I used to reenact. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Would love to get back into it but money keeps me from it plus my asthma would hinder me. I was really hard core into it. Loved EFUBU (Events For Us By Us) events more because you were more free to actually fight instead of limited to scripts like major mainstream battles are.

Lance Rawlings
08-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Hahaha I love the US noob who presented when the CS captain gave the order, then his buddy patting his shoulder "get it down you twat!" ;)

FrancisM
08-13-2017, 09:18 PM
There's more ACW re-enactment in Europe - and quite a lot bigger too. Walldürn, for example, is maybe the biggest one. These are some video's from this year's edition (It's a yearly thing). Look carefully, you can maybe even spot me.

The battle (First 4 minutes are kinda boring, skip to 4:30 and then watch to the end (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnTXY24n8ow&list=PLAoy4pA7On0YvwWMKNoDuTOipbYuDSwcp)

Federal infantry marching towards the battlefield. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8kZXhi9Kk&list=PLAoy4pA7On0YvwWMKNoDuTOipbYuDSwcp&index=13)

One of the better Confederate companies on the march (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Vgdgk5kgY)

Locke1740
08-13-2017, 10:24 PM
Ive fought at Charleston
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb01C3tZTl4
And Congaree Creek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIcgV6QBw48
both in Hart's SC Battery

Mercanto
08-14-2017, 01:51 AM
I re-enact the US Civil War up in Canada, and try to do events in NY. I'm hoping to get down South for the 2018 grand tactical if I can. In Canada I do a 4th Michigan Corporal impression. :)

Pvt.Robert C. Horn
08-15-2017, 01:38 AM
Its amazing to me how many countries reenact this war. Had no clue it was that popular.

FrancisM
08-15-2017, 09:44 AM
For us it's a nice opportunity to do a different period that is right between the 'slow' rigid warfare of the Napoleonics and the loose, fast style of the 20th century. That, and there's a nice progressive movement within the European ACW community and that really adds to the experience.

Duffy
08-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Anyone here going to do the A.P. Hill March to Glory in September? A nice 17 mile march from Harpers Ferry to Sharpsburg, crossing the Potomac along the way while retracing Hill's march in 1862.

[RG]Chewie
08-15-2017, 11:58 PM
where did the rest of your kit go ?

What am i missing besides my haversack?

David Dire
08-16-2017, 05:29 AM
Chewie;66904']What am i missing besides my haversack?

A cartridge pouch, though you do also seem to lack a canteen.

Bravescot
08-16-2017, 09:41 AM
A cartridge pouch, though you do also seem to lack a canteen.

They look to be out of shot I think.

A. P. Hill
08-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Anyone here going to do the A.P. Hill March to Glory in September? A nice 17 mile march from Harpers Ferry to Sharpsburg, crossing the Potomac along the way while retracing Hill's march in 1862.

Are they planning to cover that distance in the same amount of time? Also, will they actually be fording the rivers?

Duffy
08-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Are they planningto cover that distance in the same amount of time? Also, will they actually be fording the rivers?

Yep, the full 17 miles from Harpers Ferry to Sharpsburg and yes we will be fording the river, there's some pictures from previous events on the website below. The march will go for 50 minutes, then stop for 10 minutes to rest, then so on repeating that schedule until we reach Sharpsburg.

Here's the link to the event website;

https://www.aphillmarch2017.com/

A. P. Hill
08-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Yep, the full 17 miles from Harpers Ferry to Sharpsburg and yes we will be fording the river, there's some pictures from previous events on the website below. The march will go for 50 minutes, then stop for 10 minutes to rest, then so on repeating that schedule until we reach Sharpsburg.

Here's the link to the event website;

https://www.aphillmarch2017.com/

Amazing. And for the record, that schedule is exactly what the Confederate States Armed Forces discovered works best. So it's wholly realistic. :)

Way cool! I may have to take a trip on the 17th just to watch this!

Duffy
08-17-2017, 12:43 AM
Amazing. And for the record, that schedule is exactly what the Confederate States Armed Forces discovered works best. So it's wholly realistic. :)

Absolutely, we won't be hard to find on Saturday afternoon, just look for the piles of exhausted Confederates lying around the Dunker Church.

Lance Rawlings
08-17-2017, 07:23 PM

Our unit was scheduled to go but had to call it off due to the organizers not being able to support our entire unit for the Living History. Some of us are going to Chickamauga in anticipation of Wauhatchie instead.

Duffy
08-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Our unit was scheduled to go but had to call it off due to the organizers not being able to support our entire unit for the Living History. Some of us are going to Chickamauga in anticipation of Wauhatchie instead.

I've heard a lot of good things about that event, definitely on the "to do" list. Sadly this march is going to be my first Civil War event this summer, been too busy this far to do any others. D-Day this weekend in Conneaut Ohio is my first event this summer.

Lance Rawlings
08-17-2017, 08:21 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about that event, definitely on the "to do" list. Sadly this march is going to be my first Civil War event this summer, been too busy this far to do any others. D-Day this weekend in Conneaut Ohio is my first event this summer.

Amen to being too busy! The last event I went to was on Memorial Day at the Bennett Place.

Duffy
08-17-2017, 10:59 PM
I finally have a job with weekends and holidays off, not sure what to do with myself sometimes... this is a strange world that I have never been a part of at least since I was in school...

LJPII
08-22-2017, 07:14 AM
I do a 38th N.C. impression in California. Just recently got back into reenacting. Been doing it off and on since '95. Ive portrayed Fed. C.W., Conf. C.W., Ca. Gold Rush, WWII US Marine, mid 1st Cent. AD Roman Legionary...among other things. Just sent my Pedersoli '61 Springfield off to be de-farbed. Now a buddy of mine is begging me to join him in building a WWI impression...he's the one who begged me to put together a Tarheel (38th N.C.) impression. It never ends.

Duffy
08-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Now a buddy of mine is begging me to join him in building a WWI impression...he's the one who begged me to put together a Tarheel (38th N.C.) impression. It never ends.
I had a buddy like that once... "Hey! Let's do (insert new impression here)!" on top of the other projects I already had. I've pretty much limited myself to just Civil War and WW2 for the time being, that's enough to keep me occupied. If you have too many then you never have enough time to go to an event for each one.

dmurray6
08-22-2017, 09:36 PM

Uhh, earth to A.P. Hill, we had talked about meeting Kyle out there on the 17th, did we not? LOL

A. P. Hill
08-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Uhh, earth to A.P. Hill, we had talked about meeting Kyle out there on the 17th, did we not? LOL

Ummm ... the conversation kinda went dead from someone's end ... :p

<edit>
Let me correct this ....

CRS is a terrible thing!
</edit>

Duffy
08-23-2017, 12:19 AM
So a War of Rights "reunion" at the Antietam living history?

Saris
08-23-2017, 12:55 AM

dang, i was there last Wednesday :/

dmurray6
08-23-2017, 05:27 PM

Well, with 9/17 being a Sunday, I'm quite certain that A.P. Hill, myself, and Kyle (the Moderator) will be in Sharpsburg. We spoke about getting out there last weekend, and it didn't happen. And yes, A.P., you are correct, the conversation did go dead from one end! ;)

I noticed that the weather forecast looked miserable (based on the % chance of precip), so I never reached back out. My apologies.

Anyone who feels like they can get to Sharpsburg on 9/17 and would like to meet up for a "WoR Gathering", feel free to reply and perhaps we can exchange some information that would allow us all to get in touch with one another once at the battlefield.

Myself and A.P. have been once, and myself and Kyle have been once. Kyle would like to go back, and I've been trying for 2 years now to get to the battlefield on the actual day of the battle, hasn't happened yet. Hopefully this year's 9/17 being on a Sunday, and additional coordination between the fella's will allow it to happen.

Speak now or forever hold your piece....err peace! ;)

Duffy
08-23-2017, 08:30 PM
I'll definitely stick around on Sunday though to wander around with our War of Rights crew.

A. P. Hill
08-24-2017, 02:18 AM
Except ..... To get to the battlefield on an "actual day it happened" we're going to have to wait for 9/17 on a Wednesday week day. ;) That's when the specters come out.

Extracrispi
09-04-2017, 01:38 AM
In case y'all were wondering why I missed this weekend's events.

DeoVindice1861
09-18-2017, 02:49 AM
I reenact with 10th Illinois volunteer infantry and occasionally falling in with Austin Battalion Louisiana Sharpshooters over here in Illinois. I used to do 275 ID as a grenadier but WW2 reenacting wasn't something i'd like to continue. Stuck with ACW ever since. College put me out of it but now I'm making my return as I just fixed up my sack coat and ordered a nice commutation jacket from B&B Tart.

Anyway, nice to see good numbers of reenactors in this game!

Duke Of Longtree
10-02-2017, 03:22 PM
I am the Cpl dragging back a wounded officer

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/22136877_492741577791712_7183013976543100306_o.jpg ?oh=183aa50bae93222af968917147fa95f8&oe=5A3BBAC6

dmurray6
10-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Except ..... To get to the battlefield on an "actual day it happened" we're going to have to wait for 9/17 on a Wednesday week day. ;) That's when the specters come out.

September 17, 2025 it is then. Start planning for it now guys, that's 6 years heads-up, no reason for anyone to say they didn't know ahead of time! ;) And A.P., I'm not sure I've ever seen a Wednesday non week day. hahah :D

RhettVito
10-03-2017, 01:43 AM
I am the Cpl dragging back a wounded officer

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/22136877_492741577791712_7183013976543100306_o.jpg ?oh=183aa50bae93222af968917147fa95f8&oe=5A3BBAC6

Oh boy...... You guys need to work on your impressions more like FARBnando

thomas aagaard
10-03-2017, 03:19 AM
Danish army 1864.
We are a new group and this was our first 1864 event. (loosing to the Prussians as usual)
But all of us do other periods... some do medieval, others acw, wwii, or Danish army during the Napoleonic wars.

So uniforms, and some of the leather gear and the muskets was borrowed from the museum organizing the event.
(that is why the uniforms dont' fit that well)
Part of the group. taken true an original lens, but with a digital camera

most of the group.

Duke Of Longtree
10-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Oh boy...... You guys need to work on your impressions more like FARBnando

all wise and powerfull Rhettvito wanna buy all of are new guys uniforms cause most of this stuff is WIP