PDA

View Full Version : Clothing wear and tear

Machoman44441
11-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Will there be any wear and tear of like mud on pants or holes in shoes?

Machoman44441
11-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Bump, no responses yet,:(

TrustyJam
11-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Bump, no responses yet,:(

We do have the option of adding a dirt map on the characters and gradually upping the amount of dirt. It's not something we've decided upon yet though.

- Trusty

BloodBeag
11-03-2015, 07:33 AM
There is a funny scene in the good, the bad and ugly where clint and his mexican frenemy are going along and see a load of grey soldiers coming towards them so they start shouting about the evil blue coats and whatever but it is actually the union coming towards them but covered in dust.
This sort of thing could happen in game as the confeds generally have 'dirt' coloured uniforms so after a lot of fighting the union might not look so different from the confeds

TrustyJam
11-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Tuco! One of my favorite characters in one of my favorite films. :)

http://youtu.be/jYGRIGwR7Uo

- Trusty

BloodBeag
11-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Tuco! One of my favorite characters in one of my favorite films. :)

http://youtu.be/jYGRIGwR7Uo

- Trusty

I like the way he always calls Clint "blondie" and it's never explained

A. P. Hill
11-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Oddly that happened at Antietam. When A P Hills troops saved the day. They came fresh from a 17 mile forced march many dressed in union blue captured uniforms. To the dismay of Burnside's troops thinking they we federal troops until Hills' boys slammed into their flank. :)

Jonny Powers
11-03-2015, 11:42 PM
I like the way he always calls Clint "blondie" and it's never explained

Cause he had dark blonde hair in those days?

BloodBeag
11-04-2015, 02:28 PM
I would have said it was brown but hey ho

Jonny Powers
11-04-2015, 03:25 PM
As would I :) But I think it's got partly to do with how Italians and Spaniards regard fairer hair. I remember reading on the SWDB forums that Clint was considered blonde to them, pretty much anyone with a lighter hair color was. But, also, I think it was part of the film: He's the "Good", refers to himself as a fair-haired angel, etc.

Patrick Kurtz
11-05-2015, 02:07 PM
It would be kind of cool if after a while you lost your shoes or something. I saw in a book (I forget which one) that in the Maryland Campaign only about 1/3 of Lee's soldiers had shoes. Maybe it could contribute to Stamina and speed??

Patrick Kurtz
11-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Oddly that happened at Antietam. When A P Hills troops saved the day. They came fresh from a 17 mile forced march many dressed in union blue captured uniforms. To the dismay of Burnside's troops thinking they we federal troops until Hills' boys slammed into their flank. :)

That sorta thing happened in the Wilderness, except instead the Confederates mistaked them for Union soldiers and had quite a bit of friendly fire on em.

PGT Beauregard
11-06-2015, 01:44 AM
My ancestors that fought with the 2nd Louisiana Calvary made good use of their blue uniforms. They would sit on their horses across an open field and wait for the Union troops to pass by. They would wave at the officers who, out of curiosity would eventually ride over to them where they were promptly shot. That ploy worked several times at different locations.