PDA

View Full Version : Why I won't back a higher tier.

Chewy
11-07-2015, 03:11 PM
I am currently backing Private, the £5 ($7.5) tier. I wanted to originally back the Major - Physical Edition for £65 ($97.82), however when I looked at it, the shipping cost was a whopping £30 ($45.15), almost 50% of the cost of that tier itself which is absolutely ridiculous.

It costs nowhere near that much to ship from the U.S to the U.K, plus I would have to pay customs duties on top of that meaning the price would be upwards of £120 ($180.59)...

I hope you understand that you are losing money doing this, as much as I want to support this game (I never back games on kickstarter to begin with), charging such an extortionate amount for shipping simply puts me off. I know what really goes on is that the shipping probably costs a fraction of this with the rest being pocketed. This trick is done by many on sites such as eBay in order to avoid paying higher fees and taxes.

TrustyJam
11-07-2015, 03:15 PM
I am currently backing Private, the £5 ($7.5) tier. I wanted to originally back the Major - Physical Edition for £65 ($97.82), however when I looked at it, the shipping cost was a whopping £30 ($45.15), almost 50% of the cost of that tier itself which is absolutely ridiculous.

It costs nowhere near that much to ship from the U.S to the U.K, plus I would have to pay customs duties on top of that meaning the price would be upwards of £120 ($180.59)...

I hope you understand that you are losing money doing this, as much as I want to support this game (I never back games on kickstarter to begin with), charging such an extortionate amount for shipping simply puts me off. I know what really goes on is that the shipping probably costs a fraction of this with the rest being pocketed. This trick is done by many on sites such as eBay in order to avoid paying higher fees and taxes.

Thank you for the support. We have a wide selection of tiers without physical items. If you want to support the development further without having to pay shipping, you have the option of going with one of those, for instance the Captain tier which grants you access to the closed alpha.

- Trusty

Chewy
11-07-2015, 03:17 PM
That's understandable, however it's advertised as only being slightly more expensive for the physical edition when in fact it is more than double the cost with the shipping and customs charges added in. Naturally, it is off putting to me to see that hence why I am not willing to go further.

I hope you understand this.

A. P. Hill
11-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Donate without expecting more in return. Some of us are. ;)

Macca
11-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Considering donating. We'll see. ;)

BloodBeag
11-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Get a digital edition then WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO There is like 5 tiers between £5 and £65. You have 94 posts on the forums so clearly you care about the game and at the moment its not looking spectacular as to whether this is going to be funded successfully or not and the two of you are really not helping. i've tried to not just insult you but sorry

It's justified

Bravescot
11-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Donate without expecting more in return. Some of us are. ;)

I've gone all in with £633. I get nothing more out of it but I want this to succeed really badly

Simon445
11-07-2015, 09:46 PM
30% to go...

Sad to say but I don't think it will make it :( Even if it fails don't give up on it, you have an awesome community which supports you.

Almanza P. Baker
11-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I originally pledged at the Lt. general level than bumped up to the GotA lvl when it came out. Why? Because I really want to see this game produced. I understand that im at a position in my life right now where I can do this and others may not be but if you really care about this game surviving than I would hope you donate what you can now. I say donate because that's what im doing, im giving them my money to use with out the expectation that im getting something of equal value back in the immediate future. I know when the game is released I will receive my money back in the many hours I plan on playing and enjoying the game.

Unfortunately it sounds as though their are those who will just sit back and let others charge forward without them, hoping that we will carry the line and bring home the victory allowing them to wait cowering in the trenches til some steam sell lets them pick up the spoils for next to nothing. Well I shall gladly shoot you down from the comfort of my veteran regiment while you scramble looking for a hole to hide in.

MrAmerican
11-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Saw the same thing. Haven't even backed War of Rights because of the absolutely ridiculous shipping prices. I'm aware of the tiers which do not require shipping but I'm not backing a company which charges that much for shipping. No way.

Sorry Hinkel.

I originally backed Corporal, but bumped it to Captain (my max unfortuantly)

PROS of Captain: no shipping fees required, you get first alpha (and all after that). you get a cool pistol and some uniforms, and you still make a good contribution to the kickstarter.

If this game is going to be made it will require everyone in this community to step up.

And it is not their fault the shipping is so high. They're shipping internationally, Of course the shipping prices will be high.

Noah L. Højberg
11-08-2015, 03:53 AM
To those who doesn't want to plegde, as a protest because they charge $45 for shipping.

That isn't really fair since the developers can't set an individual shipping price for each country. So even though I practically live in the studios backyard in Denmark, I'll still have to pay the same 45$ as if the developers were to send it to south korea, just because kickstarter won't let them change the price to something reallistic.

So please back anyways, with somekind of digital edition. Because it's not the developers fault!

Rithal
11-08-2015, 05:05 AM
To those who doesn't want to plegde, as a protest because they charge $45 for shipping.

That isn't really fair since the developers can't set an individual shipping price for each country. So even though I practically live in the studios backyard in Denmark, I'll still have to pay the same 45$ as if the developers were to send it to south korea, just because kickstarter won't let them change the price to something reallistic.

So please back anyways, with somekind of digital edition. Because it's not the developers fault!

^ This.

In addition, I'm pretty sure you can request any tier, then set a custom amount that is at, or above that tier. So if you want, you can select the preferred digital tier, then add more money... No need to get upset and not pledge.

Arkansan
11-08-2015, 12:00 PM
To refuse to support WoR because the higher pledge tiers have shipping is dumb. Its like saying you want to eat this piece of delicious cake, but can't decide whether to use a spoon, fork, or spork. The cake goes uneaten, and the game goes unfunded. You have PLENTY of options. Donating supports the game in early development, getting the badass mouse pad is a bonus :D

Chewy
11-09-2015, 09:42 PM
To refuse to support WoR because the higher pledge tiers have shipping is dumb. Its like saying you want to eat this piece of delicious cake, but can't decide whether to use a spoon, fork, or spork. The cake goes uneaten, and the game goes unfunded. You have PLENTY of options. Donating supports the game in early development, getting the badass mouse pad is a bonus :D

No, it's like buying a piece of cake and then being charged half the price of the cake again just to eat it.

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 09:49 PM
So the question is ....

Is playing the Alpha Game worth what you consider highway robbery?

The answer for me ....

DAMNED STRAIGHT.

Henronicus
11-11-2015, 12:21 AM
I have 50 bucks in the world right now and i'm pledging it all now(i'm a kid don't worry. i have nothing better to do with it yet)

Jonny Powers
11-11-2015, 12:08 PM
It's been reiterated here so many times, but there reaches a point when you just gotta say fuck it and hope for the best ;)

Almanza P. Baker
11-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Well Chewy it looks like the kickstarter will be funded so you can stop all your worrying about supporting a game you feel is stealing from you. Now go back to your moms basement and please in a couple of years when the full release comes out do us all a favor and don't buy it.

Arkansan
11-11-2015, 06:00 PM
No, it's like buying a piece of cake and then being charged half the price of the cake again just to eat it.

It seems my metaphor was wasted on you..

-The cake is WoR
-The fine china is the pledges

Use whatever you want, either way, you should eat the cake.

immath1
11-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Join the 23rdNC Today ! http://23rdnorthcarolinainfantry.createaforum.com/general-discussion/enlistement-application-7/

xergal
11-13-2015, 10:53 AM
People don't seem to realise that the shipping money isn't JUST for the shipping. It also covers the materials used for packaging and the man hours taken to prepare the things.

Fact is, world wide shipping IS expensive.

DanielG453
11-13-2015, 11:09 AM
People don't seem to realise that the shipping money isn't JUST for the shipping. It also covers the materials used for packaging and the man hours taken to prepare the things.

Fact is, world wide shipping IS expensive.

Indeed it is :cool: