PDA

View Full Version : Replayability

Mi'kmaq
11-08-2015, 05:07 PM
The problem with a lot of multiplayer exclusive games is that they require actual players to stay alive. No players and the game is quite literally useless. This is what I'm afraid will happen to War of Rights. I'm gonna suggest a bot mode or a small campaign to keep the game alive. Similar to the custom battle mode in Warband, a bot mode would be great. You get to try out the different settings, create battles, etc. It would make the game highly replayable even if the multiplayer community died.

I'm not insulting the dev team in any way for their decisions regarding a singleplayer mode. I just want to make sure this game stays popular.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-08-2015, 05:49 PM
The problem with a lot of multiplayer exclusive games is that they require actual players to stay alive. No players and the game is quite literally useless. This is what I'm afraid will happen to War of Rights. I'm gonna suggest a bot mode or a small campaign to keep the game alive. Similar to the custom battle mode in Warband, a bot mode would be great. You get to try out the different settings, create battles, etc. It would make the game highly replayable even if the multiplayer community died.

I'm not insulting the dev team in any way for their decisions regarding a singleplayer mode. I just want to make sure this game stays popular.

I'd have to disagree, look at mount and blade napoleonic wars, it has no singleplayer and yet about 3000 people play it consistently every day, this is probably due to all the custom maps that are created and added to servers, if the devs allow people to make there own maps i think people will stick around for a long time without a singleplayer.

Celt
11-08-2015, 06:52 PM
The thing about Mount and Blade is though there's a million mods for it, so you have a lot of people who'll play one mod for month, get bored, go to another mod for month, go to another mod for a month, and then come back to the original mod. But they're always using the base game and feeling they're getting get value out of it and that keeps them interested.

With War of Rights, I don't see as much modding potential to be honest, certainly not to Mount and Blade's potential, so I wouldn't place the same expectations on WoR as I would M&B.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-08-2015, 07:04 PM
The thing about Mount and Blade is though there's a million mods for it, so you have a lot of people who'll play one mod for month, get bored, go to another mod for month, go to another mod for a month, and then come back to the original mod. But they're always using the base game and feeling they're getting get value out of it and that keeps them interested.

With War of Rights, I don't see as much modding potential to be honest, certainly not to Mount and Blade's potential, so I wouldn't place the same expectations on WoR as I would M&B.

No im talking specifically about the dlc expansion for Mount And Blade, which is Napoleonic wars

Mi'kmaq
11-09-2015, 12:12 AM
No im talking specifically about the dlc expansion for Mount And Blade, which is Napoleonic wars

Which has been slowly dying since 2014. The community isn't what is used to be.

Arkansan
11-09-2015, 05:31 PM

You can't be serious. Cryengine is arguably one of the BEST out there. It is constantly being modded and used to make stand alone games because it is MADE for it. Mods for this game are going to be rather common seeing it will be one of the few napolionic style FPS gamse on steam when it is released. Mapping in Cryengine is insanely better than M&B, so you'll also see a lot more custom maps I imagine.

Worried you might get bored? Join a company! NW, NAS, ect on M&B operate around EVENTS. There are freeplay servers for people that don't want to do this, but they are usually dead because it IS a mod and are of course owned by the regiments/armies the host the EVENTS weekly if not Daily.

I believe when WoR hits steam, it will explode into mods and grow a huge community. The civil war subject matter will only help its name get out there honestly.

Mi'kmaq
11-10-2015, 11:18 PM
You can't be serious. Cryengine is arguably one of the BEST out there. It is constantly being modded and used to make stand alone games because it is MADE for it. Mods for this game are going to be rather common seeing it will be one of the few napolionic style FPS gamse on steam when it is released. Mapping in Cryengine is insanely better than M&B, so you'll also see a lot more custom maps I imagine.

Worried you might get bored? Join a company! NW, NAS, ect on M&B operate around EVENTS. There are freeplay servers for people that don't want to do this, but they are usually dead because it IS a mod and are of course owned by the regiments/armies the host the EVENTS weekly if not Daily.

I believe when WoR hits steam, it will explode into mods and grow a huge community. The civil war subject matter will only help its name get out there honestly.

I keep cringing at your name ;) It's Arkansawyer, hehehe.

Arkansan
11-10-2015, 11:32 PM
I keep cringing at your name ;) It's Arkansawyer, hehehe.

You would be one of the few that say that horrible word.

Mi'kmaq
11-10-2015, 11:56 PM
You would be one of the few that say that horrible word.

It is a glorious word! :D Accept it, my fellow Arkansawyer!

Hethwill_Khan
11-12-2015, 01:46 PM
My 2 cents,

I do not see War of Rights, Napoleonic Wars, or any other historical "role" simulation game, to be a everyday every minute game.
Obviously youngsters with absolute no sense of time or any diverse-activities disciplines might get lost and grumpy about numbers in the low tides...

It is a great game for weekly gatherings with the regiment, a training and an event. Requires the usual planning of any other game and, given the chain of command mechanics it can actually be used with kriegspiel metagaming.

There will be numbers for the event batlles at weekends and skirmishes at evenings, just not at all times and especially NOT at school breaks mid afternoon.

The age span is too big to measure activity even when compared to other games such as Napoleonic Wars - which did not convince the historical buddies, they saw it too much gamey.

WoR presentations changed their points of view and they can see something seldom tried in game industry.

But... they will play like 1 event per week. Perfect for the full schedule of a family working person with other hobbies other than gaming.

Wilson
11-12-2015, 01:52 PM
I prefer Arky, however Arkansan is more polite.

Gokiller
11-12-2015, 01:53 PM
You can't really compare the two. One of the major reasons why MM/NW is so successful in maintaining a major community for a very long time is because:

1. It is highly competitive.
2. Major events.

The competitive side is probably the biggest reason why so many keep on playing it. People wanna get better at the game so they play it more. Even outside events.
So far I know though WoR doesn't seem to seek an competitive gameplay. But instead an historical/realism one (If I'm saying that right). Which is fine and might turn out great! Every game is different and we'll just see how it will turn out.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-12-2015, 02:21 PM
But a strategic part like in heroes and generals would be great. Every new war would be not the same because both sides learn more in the war before.

Thats need compatitive gameplay from the leaders. You have to act with your brigade and discuss with others the tactics.

Just an idea

Sry for mistakes. Writting on phone

Mi'kmaq
11-12-2015, 11:15 PM
My 2 cents,

I do not see War of Rights, Napoleonic Wars, or any other historical "role" simulation game, to be a everyday every minute game.
Obviously youngsters with absolute no sense of time or any diverse-activities disciplines might get lost and grumpy about numbers in the low tides...

It is a great game for weekly gatherings with the regiment, a training and an event. Requires the usual planning of any other game and, given the chain of command mechanics it can actually be used with kriegspiel metagaming.

There will be numbers for the event batlles at weekends and skirmishes at evenings, just not at all times and especially NOT at school breaks mid afternoon.

The age span is too big to measure activity even when compared to other games such as Napoleonic Wars - which did not convince the historical buddies, they saw it too much gamey.

WoR presentations changed their points of view and they can see something seldom tried in game industry.

But... they will play like 1 event per week. Perfect for the full schedule of a family working person with other hobbies other than gaming.

I fully agree with you.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-13-2015, 12:15 AM
My 2 cents,

There will still be people who play it more than once a week. Not everyone has a job :)

Hethwill_Khan
11-13-2015, 10:23 AM
That is what I said and when in the comparison with other similar or less similar games.

If you take Napoleonic Wars as a comparative product then we are doing it wrong. Folks interested in history and realistic credibility don't give a rat's bottom about NW arcade'ish gameplay all the time , so ( and we all know this ) regiments are mainly composed of youngsters and not adults with a job and all the responsabilities of a household.

Once a week is perfect schedule.

What might become interesting is actually a increase of the average age of players in WoR which I would much appreciate. At least chat in events would be clean and free of the most obnoxious subjects ever in the history of gaming...

Leifr
11-13-2015, 11:29 AM
Agreed Hethwill.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-13-2015, 06:54 PM
That is what I said and when in the comparison with other similar or less similar games.

If you take Napoleonic Wars as a comparative product then we are doing it wrong. Folks interested in history and realistic credibility don't give a rat's bottom about NW arcade'ish gameplay all the time , so ( and we all know this ) regiments are mainly composed of youngsters and not adults with a job and all the responsabilities of a household.

Once a week is perfect schedule.

What might become interesting is actually a increase of the average age of players in WoR which I would much appreciate. At least chat in events would be clean and free of the most obnoxious subjects ever in the history of gaming...

Well i play Napoleonic Wars a good bit and I've talked to many people the vast majority of them say they're going to buy this game so i'd expect the same "youngsters"
I myself am not that big of a history guy, i just want a fun (realistic) game that i can sit down and play with my friends for a few hours. But a good bit of this community are history buffs so i hope they make the game historically accurate, and still fun, for you guys too. :)

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Gawd, still wished I lived in my parent's basement! ;) LOL.