-Mitchell-
11-08-2015, 11:04 PM
http://www.geocities.ws/palmetto_sharpshooters/GeorgiaSS.jpg

TO ARMS! TO ARMS!
ALL YE BOYS OF THE SOUTH
JOIN NOW!

DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS AND HOME AGAINST THE YANKEE
INVADERS!

JOIN COMPANY A, 1st NORTH CAROLINA BATTALION SHARPSHOOTERS!

The 1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters was organized at Gordonsville, Virginia, in May, 1862, with two companies from the 21st North Carolina Regiment. Its members were from Yadkin and Forsyth counties. During the war it was assigned to General Trimble's, Hoke's, and R.D. Johnston's Brigade. After fighting in Jackson's Valley Campaign as part of the 21st Regiment, the unit participated in all of the major conflicts of the Army of Northern Virginia from the Seven Days' Battles to the Appomattox campaign. In April of 1862, companies B and E were taken out of the 21st North Carolina to become Company A and Company B, 1st Battalion of North Carolina Sharpshooters. The men of Company A, 1st Battalion, under the command of Captain Nathan G. Hunt were some of the first skirmishers to be engaged at Sharpsburg (Antietam).[CENTER]
Battles:
1st Winchester May 25,1862
Cross Key's June 8,1862
Seven Day's June 25 - July 1,1862
Gaines Mill June 27,1862
Malvern Hill July 1,1862
Cedar Mt. August 7,1862
2nd Manassas August 28-30,1862
Harper's Ferry September 12-15,1862
Antietam September 17,1862
Fredericksburg December 13,1862
Chancellorsville May 1-4,1863
Gettysburg July 1-3,1863
Jack's Mt July 1863
Bachelor's Creek Bridge February 1,1864
Plymouth April 17-20,1864
Petersburg Siege June 1864 - April 1865
Hatcher's Run February 5-7,1865
Fort Stedman March 25,1865
Appomattox Court House April 9,1865

First Commander:
Major Rufus W. Wharton

Assignments:
Trimble’s Brigade Ewell's Division Dept of Northern Virginia
(April - May 1862)

Trimble’s Brigade Ewell's Division Valley District Dept of Northern Virginia
(May - June 1862)

Trimble-Hoke’s Brigade Ewell-Early's Division 2nd Corps Army of Northern Virginia
(June 1862 - January 1864)

Hoke's Brigade Dept of North Carolina
(January - May 1864)

2nd Military District Dept of North Carolina and Southern Virginia
(May - October 1864)

Johnson's Brigade Pegram's Division Valley District Dept of Northern Virginia
(October December 1864)

Johnson's Brigade Pegram's Division 2nd Corp Army of Northern Virginia
(December 1864 April 1865)

http://www.davidrreynolds.org/_images/crossed_flags.png

MARKSMEN WANTED!

-Mitchell-
11-08-2015, 11:05 PM
http://www.airplanesandmore.com/prodimages/largeConfederate%20Sharpshooter.jpg

Introduction to Civil War Sharpshooters by George Bisset

Since the days of Morgan's Rifles in the American Revolution, accurate rifle fire has been an American military tradition. At the beginning of the Civil War, special units of skilled marksmen were gathered in both the North and South. Sharpshooter units were often raised from local shooting contests, selecting possible volunteers. Early in the war these units were issued the best rifles available, usually 3-banders, which they supplemented with privately owned telescopic sporting rifles.

The sharpshooter service was considered a distinct branch of the service, and not part of the infantry, as reflected by the green epaulets of its officers. Although the most famous of these units, Berdan's Sharpshooters, wore a distinct green uniform, the majority of these units were uniformed in unremarkable blue or gray. Union sharpshooters in generic blue included Andrew's Massachusetts Sharpshooters, 1st Michigan Sharpshooter Regiment, Brady's Michigan Sharpshooters, Minnesota Sharpshooters, New Jersey Sharpshooters, and in the west, Birge's Sharpshooters.

Regular infantrymen were attracted to the sharpshooter service by the fact that they were posted at the most active points of the picket line and were relieved of monotonous and fatiguing duties in camp. Sharpshooters were regularly used as scouts, using their telescopes to obtain information often operating close to or within enemy lines. Sharpshooters were largely left on their own to choose their targets unless ordered to concentrate on a specific one. They often operated as single individuals, and were extremely informal in the commands they used. A good example is the command used to deploy Birge's Sharpshooters, was simply "Hunt your holes, boys."

The primary role of sharpshooter units was as elite skirmishers. Being better shots, better at using cover; and having better morale than ordinary skirmishers, they tended to defeat enemy skirmishers on the advance or the retreat. The second main tactical function was to deliver long range fire, especially at targets not vulnerable to artillery: enemy officers (identified as small groups of horsemen), artillery batteries, and other enemy snipers. These long-range fires were often delivered at 1,000 or even 2,000-yard range, with the greatest feats being performed by Confederate Sharpshooters armed with Whitworth rifles, which fired a special hexagonal slug. The heaviest 20-30 lb. target rifles used by the Union, firing special "picket" bullets, may have reached similar distances. When firing at such extreme ranges, some sharpshooters found their sights would not adjust far enough, so they fired by instinct or by cutting a length of stick to use as a rest. They would then observe the target through field glasses and adjust their aim as follows: if the enemy looked up, they were firing over, if down they were firing low, and if the range was correct, the results were obvious.

Sharpshooters used their special knowledge of the sniper's art to help them hit enemy sharpshooters, in a similar manner as was done in WW II and to the present day. Prior to Pickett's Charge, Union infantry amused themselves by watching a team of sharpshooters clear an enemy sniper post in a house. Realizing that the enemy was at such long range and could see the smoke of the Union sharpshooter shots and duck before the bullets arrived, the Union men divided into two teams, the second team firing two seconds after the first, their bullets arriving at the moment the enemy's heads would be coming back up, This had the desired effect and silenced the post.

In battle, even single sharpshooters could at times silence entire artillery batteries and occasionally "captured" cannon by forcing the enemy to abandon it, In sieges, sharpshooters not only "captured" guns, but one case, one of Berdan's men fouled and blew up a cannon by slowly knocking sand into its muzzle by shooting at adjacent sandbags. At times special targets such as wagon parks were fired upon, and in one instance a single sharpshooter was able to block a mountain road to a wagon train by shooting down the first team of mules, then driving off attempts to clear it.
Regrettably, the typical Civil War soldier did not admire sharpshooters. At the beginning of the war, sniping was regarded as somewhat cowardly, and more murder than war. Sharpshooters did not help matters when they occasionally picked off men trying to relieve themselves in the bushes. Although regular infantry on picket duty were quick to set up truces and trade, sharpshooters were more businesslike on the picket line and were more likely to shoot. As the war went on, and daily skirmishing or siege warfare became more common, sharpshooters took a greater toll of enemy soldiers, and generally made their lives a little more miserable. It generally cheered the line infantry considerable to see a sharpshooter killed, enemy or not.

At Gettysburg, Confederate sharpshooters in Devil's Den were captured by a sudden rush by Berdan's sharpshooters and were relieved that the regular Union infantry had not captured them. Although most Civil War troops did not have to fear capture, sharpshooters did. On the other hand, sharpshooting increasingly became a hobby for some of the more sportsmanlike officers during dull sieges, who would often borrow sharpshooter's rifles for a few shots.

No matter what the Union or Confederate line infantry thought of the sharpshooters, their deadly fire and specialized skills fulfilled a specific need during the war. One has to think of the famous last words of General John Sedgewick at Spotsylvania regarding Confederate sharpshooters, "Don't worry boys, they could not hit an elephant at that distance!” No sooner had Sedgwick spoken than a bullet from a Rebel's .45-caliber Whitworth rifle ripped into his left cheek, killing him instantly.

Bravescot
11-08-2015, 11:12 PM
The sharpshooter battle begins ;) good luck!

-Mitchell-
11-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Keep your head down, Billy Yank. ;)

Bravescot
11-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Keep your head down, Billy Yank. ;)

And you keep yours down, Johnny Reb! :p

Reimer
11-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Bumping for yow yooooww!

Krasak 1stUSSS
11-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Good Luck :)

-Mitchell-
11-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Good Luck :)

See you in the field! :p

RhettVito
11-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Bump for NC

Bravescot
11-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Bump for use of Confed Cpt and 2ndLt icons ;)

Numitor
11-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Just returning the bump

Magner
11-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Best o' luck fellow sharpies.

Rice
11-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Bump yow yoowww

HLehr
11-12-2015, 12:07 AM
To arms men!

Murch
11-12-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm so close, yet so far away.

Numitor
11-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Fucking spamming while i'm gone...shameful.

-Mitchell-
11-12-2015, 01:01 PM
A spam party without Numitor? Never! :p

RhettVito
11-12-2015, 09:57 PM
A spam party without Numitor? Never! :p

# bumb from the 23dNC

McEwan
11-13-2015, 03:09 AM
It's gonna be good, boys. Can't wait!

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 04:43 AM
I'll take some mustard with that spam. ;)

Reimer
11-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Bumping again while I find a proper avatar.

Wigmund_Adams
11-16-2015, 07:48 PM
A yip to the yow, brother!

Linkous
12-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Sergeant, reporting for duty, gentlemen. 1780

A. P. Hill
12-02-2015, 01:02 PM
HUZZAH!!!!

Welcome North Carolina to the CSA!

Reimer
12-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Rank badge bump.

Wigmund_Adams
12-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Our badges ride along our colors! Shameless bumpin', brother!

-Mitchell-
12-30-2015, 02:37 AM
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mostfran/military/confederate.gif

Muster Roll added. Company A is seeking a few more marksmen to join its ranks! Don't dally! To Arms!

Jeffrey Miller
12-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Another bump for the Rebel yell!

-Mitchell-
12-31-2015, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the support, Jeffrey! If your interested in joining Company A, 1st NC Batt. S.S. please contact me through p.m or add me on steam (link in first post). Otherwise, good luck! Hope to see you in the field.

Jeffrey Miller
12-31-2015, 11:10 PM
Please contact me if I can join this group. I remain, your faithful servant, Sgt. Miller

Jeffrey Miller
12-31-2015, 11:56 PM
Pm replied and steam invite sent.

-Mitchell-
01-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Got it, thanks Jeffrey.

-Mitchell-
01-04-2016, 05:10 PM
1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteers! Privates Marwin, Macgee, Ferlic and Miller!

Bravescot
01-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Good to see you guys still expanding :D! I'm looking forwards to the intense skirmishes we might have against you lot :P

-Mitchell-
01-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Good to see you guys still expanding :D! I'm looking forwards to the intense skirmishes we might have against you lot :P

As are we! See you boys in the field! :cool:

Jeffrey Miller
01-05-2016, 07:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jSqt39vFM

Thought this might help us be authentic if it is allowed in game!

rebeldestroyer
01-08-2016, 06:08 AM
I have a weird feeling that a shootout between two sharpshooter companies may go something like this. Both spot each other and open fire. well trained marksmen take out all of the officers and NCOs of the opposing company. Privates shit their pants and don't know what to do. Rinse and repeat.

-Mitchell-
01-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Well, considering the fact we will both be in open-order formations probing for the enemy and firing from/seeking cover, it should lead to some interesting and intense skirmishes!

Jeffrey Miller
01-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Well, considering the fact we will both be in open-order formations probing for the enemy and firing from/seeking cover, it should lead to some interesting and intense skirmishes! Agreed! Interesting it will be for sure.

rebeldestroyer
01-09-2016, 08:14 PM
yes can't wait to get my hands on a superior Union made sharps rifle

Bravescot
01-09-2016, 08:30 PM
yes can't wait to get my hands on a superior Union made sharps rifle
Until the breach starts heating up really badly massively slowing the rate of fire.

rebeldestroyer
01-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Officer yells at private: Private shoot those damn rebs
Private: But, sir I cant reload
officer:Let me show you how dammit ( Takes cartridge puts in breach burns thumb and index finger)

-Mitchell-
01-29-2016, 02:20 PM
That would be quite interesting :p. I believe fouling of muskets will be implemented in some way.

-Mitchell-
01-31-2016, 06:06 PM
1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteers! Privates Gewah and Evers!

TeteRex
03-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Huzzah for the 1stNC Sharpshooters! Stay Sharp XP

SemajRednaxela
03-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Huzzah for the 1stNC Sharpshooters! Stay Sharp XP

Welcome to the South Brothers

And Sharp Indeed......

-Mitchell-
03-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Thank you, Gentlemen. See y'all in the field!

-Mitchell-
04-19-2016, 05:08 PM
1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteers! Privates Frost and Holland!

Company A is still seeking men to fill its ranks! Join now boys, and repel the Yankee invader!

-Vandiver-
05-29-2016, 07:23 PM
Cant wait for the alpha build to get to me, glad about not getting it in the first wave, you wont see me wearing blue.:cool:

-Mitchell-
05-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Cant wait for the alpha build to get to me, glad about not getting it in the first wave, you wont see me wearing blue.:cool:

Nor I, Corporal. But the boys are ready!

-Vandiver-
05-31-2016, 11:08 PM
http://www.civilwarindex.com/armync/reghist/1st_nc_sharpshooters_reghist.pdf
http://www.civilwarindex.com/armync/soldiers/1st_nc_sharpshooters_soldiers.pdf
https://books.google.com/books?id=XAsTAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA1&dq=roster+of+north+carolina&hl=en&ei=ja0vTILmLsL58Aab88y7Aw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result#v=onepage&q&f=false
Unit History and roster from The Civil War Index ;)

-Mitchell-
05-31-2016, 11:41 PM
Great find! I found this a month or so back whilst doing some more research.

http://veteransattic.com/images/store/yadkineaglesflagmajorcabinetcard3.jpg

"The Yadkin Gray Eagles were the first company raised in Yadkin County, North Carolina. Upon their arrival in Virginia, the company was mustered into Confederate service as Company B, 11th Regiment North Carolina Volunteers, later the 21st Regiment North Carolina State Troops.

At the reorganization of the Confederate army at Manassass in February 1862, Companies B and E were detatched from the regiment and redesignated Companies A and B, 1st Battalion North Carolina Sharpshooters.Lt. Reuben E. Wilson of Company B was promoted to Captain on the company. When the battalion commander was promoted to regimental command, Wilson was promoted to major and given command of the battalion.

This battalion was an active participant in nearly every battle fought by the Army of Northern Virginia, from Manassas to Appomattox, and because of what was called their "peculiar and efficient drill", engaged in many skirmishes in which the main army did not participate.

The above flag was presented to the Yadkin Gray Eagles upon their departure for Virginia. It was made from the silk dresses of the young ladies of the county and presented to the company by Miss Lou Glen, later Mrs. Joseph Williams. The captain, in receiving it on behalf of the company, closed his speach with these words:

"When this cruel war is over, Miss Lou,
This flag untarnished shall be returned to you."

This is perhaps the only Confederate company flag that was carried through twenty-six battles, from Manassas to Appomattox, through the war and returned "untarnished," to its donors. In 1898, the daughter of Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Robert Daniels, was the guardian of the flag. THe flag was later presented to the state of North Carolina.

On August 9, 1862, in a charge against the enemy near Warrenton, Va., Major Wilson was severly wounded when a minie ball broke both bones of the right forearm. At the same time, his left leg was shattered below the knee ba a grape-shot, which disabled him for several months. On April 2, 1865, in a charge at Petersburg, he was again wounded, his left leg cut off by a shell. He was hospitalized, paroled on April 21, rearrested, and taken to Libby Prison, where he remained until December 20."

-Vandiver-
05-31-2016, 11:49 PM
"When this cruel war is over, Miss Lou,
This flag untarnished shall be returned to you."

This is perhaps the only Confederate company flag that was carried through twenty-six battles, from Manassas to Appomattox, through the war and returned "untarnished," to its donors. In 1898, the daughter of Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Robert Daniels, was the guardian of the flag. THe flag was later presented to the state of North Carolina.

That is crazy, just crazy 26 engagements and the Flag was still untarnished.

Linkous
06-01-2016, 12:41 AM
That is crazy, just crazy 26 engagements and the Flag was still untarnished.

I'm sure by "untarnished" they mean it didn't have any bullet- or cannon ball-sized holes. Can't imagine that it would be pristine after seeing that much action.

Either way, that's pretty awesome.

-Mitchell-
06-01-2016, 02:47 AM
I'm sure by "untarnished" they mean it didn't have any bullet- or cannon ball-sized holes. Can't imagine that it would be pristine after seeing that much action.

Either way, that's pretty awesome.

Agreed, it does seem to have a patch of sorts right above the gentlemen's head. However, considering some standards were but mere tatters by the wars end, this was in damn fine condition! Also, it should be noted that according to the drill books only battalions of 5 or more companies carried colors in the field.
Considering the 1st only had two companies, they most likely did not take their colors into battle, therefore, the resulting wear and tear was most likely the result of weathering etc.

On a side note, here's a random interesting fact: the 1st NC Batt SS were the smallest unit in the ANV to boast its own brass band :cool:

-Mitchell-
06-02-2016, 09:00 PM
1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private Joseph Barragan!

Company A is still seeking men to fill its ranks! Join now boys, and repel the Yankee invader!

-Mitchell-
06-15-2016, 04:19 PM
1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private Dylan Asmus!

JRob
06-16-2016, 03:11 AM
Gl! :)

dmurray6
06-16-2016, 05:45 AM

Oh, trust me, some of us would-be Rebels are getting rashes and hives from wearing this Federal blue during drill camp tech alpha! :p

-Mitchell-
06-17-2016, 01:52 AM
"We fought them long, we fought them well, we fought them night and day,
And bravely struggled for our rights while wearing of the gray." :p

Soon, boys! Soon.

CaptainFrosty
06-22-2016, 05:27 AM
How do I go about joining this Company Mitchell?

RhettVito
06-22-2016, 08:24 AM

add him on steam I think http://steamcommunity.com/id/WIKING88

R21
06-22-2016, 09:16 AM
I'm looking forward to shooting you! :p

-Mitchell-
06-23-2016, 12:43 PM
We're looking forward to shooting back! ;)

-Mitchell-
06-23-2016, 12:45 PM

Thanks for your interest, Frosty. Please add me on Steam and we'll go from there!

-Mitchell-
07-25-2016, 07:27 PM
The CSA Drill camp (Alpha) has been released, I ask all members who pledged Captain and above to contact me via Steam. Deo Vindice!

Wigmund_Adams
07-25-2016, 08:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YR23ss1_n0
YIP YIP YE-YOWWWWW

killbanehindlegs
07-26-2016, 04:21 PM
high there i was talking to 1STNCSS-SGT.Reed on war of wrights he said i could join your regiment

-Mitchell-
07-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Thanks for your interest, please add me on steam at your earliest convenience. http://steamcommunity.com/id/WIKING88

-Mitchell-
07-26-2016, 05:43 PM
1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private Thomas Scallon!

Wildcat
07-27-2016, 04:51 PM
one of your drills I uploaded (only medium graphics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNz05yHlXAw&ab

-Mitchell-
07-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Very nice, Thanks for sharing! Also, great job Sgt.Reed!

-Mitchell-
09-19-2016, 08:36 PM

1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private Nathan Saper!

Bravescot
09-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Mitchell, please don't abuse the self delete button to post the same thing again. Thank you.

-Mitchell-
09-19-2016, 08:43 PM
Sorry it was a copy - paste for another recruit.

-Mitchell-
09-19-2016, 08:44 PM

1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private John Bellick!

Lance Rawlings
09-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Congrats!

Saris
09-20-2016, 01:37 AM
Hurrah for North Carolina! Nice flag :)

Lance Rawlings
09-20-2016, 04:17 AM
Hey Mitchell, what drill manual are y'all implementing for your drill?

-Mitchell-
09-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Hardee's, though as Sharpshooters most of our tactics in the field will require us to be a bit unorthodox compared to line infantry. (skirmish order, pickets etc.)

Syre Lancaster
09-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Best of luck to you lads, Tarheels forever.

-Mitchell-
09-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks Lancaster, see you in the field! Deo Vindice!

Lance Rawlings
09-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Hardee's, though as Sharpshooters most of our tactics in the field will require us to be a bit unorthodox compared to line infantry. (skirmish order, pickets etc.)

I see, I was just curious after watching the video. Looks good! I'm so pumped for the company tool to come out! I just need my 10 guys. :)

-Mitchell-
09-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Indeed! That was simply 1st Sgt. Reed running through some basic commands and drill.

Lance Rawlings
09-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Indeed! That was simply 1st Sgt. Reed running through some basic commands and drill.

Awesome!

-Mitchell-
09-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Link to our Company Tool: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=217#companyToolHeader

Enlisted men who have yet to enlist please do so at your earliest convienence. Welcome to our newest recruits, Rickard Svensson and Joshua Reeds! <o

Landree
10-03-2016, 01:53 AM
Volunteered!

Didn't know it was you, Strauß.

-Mitchell-
10-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Great! Glad to have you Landrik!

HLehr
10-08-2016, 03:18 AM
The company tool was reset, so please re-enlist if you haven't already.

https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=120#companyToolHeader

-Mitchell-
10-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Thought it'd be nice to post this up for those who haven't seen the update yet :)

1st North Carolina Sharpshooters in game!
http://i.imgur.com/mAGHEev.jpg

-Mitchell-
11-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Thought some of y'all might find this interesting. A great educational documentary of Confederate Sharpshooting by John Hitt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxkR2JuDss

Locke1740
11-08-2016, 02:55 PM
The civil war trust just made a new video on you tube about sharpshooters and skirmishers if yall are interested.

-Mitchell-
11-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks! I'll be sure to look into that.

-Mitchell-
11-21-2016, 01:47 PM

1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private Bjorn Hansen!

A. P. Hill
11-21-2016, 02:23 PM
Looks really good Captain.

-Mitchell-
11-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Thank you, General! <o

-Mitchell-
11-27-2016, 05:15 PM

1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters welcomes our newest volunteer! Private James P. Berdam!

taffjones
01-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Are you still after members?

-Mitchell-
01-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Yes sir we are, please add me on steam if your interested!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WIKING88/

taffjones
01-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Added you, look forward to talking.

Saris
01-03-2017, 01:54 AM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

Coxey John
01-04-2017, 04:33 AM
To Arms!

lredman83
05-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Bump for NC!!!!

lredman83
05-04-2017, 07:23 PM
To Arms!!!

-Mitchell-
05-18-2017, 07:12 PM
With the release of Skirmishers Phase One, I ask that all interested in joining Company A to please add me on Steam prior to enlisting on the Company tool! Thank you!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WIKING88/

JmCraz8
05-18-2017, 07:14 PM
GrayGhost reporting in glad skirmishes are here and we can finally start fighting together

-Mitchell-
05-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Thanks Ghost, same here! I'll be in touch on steam/teamspeak soon regarding unit organized training's/events!

JmCraz8
05-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Sounds good man

Reimer
06-10-2017, 07:51 AM
The 1st NCSS is soon to begin weekend play and drill sessions at a time to be determined. See the corresponding Steam Group page for additional details when they become available.

Charles Caldwell
06-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Look forward to fighting alongside our North Carolina brothers.....

Hurrah A Company!

Reimer
06-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Alrighty, we have our first scheduled Drill/Play session happening on Saturday, July 1st, at around 1pm PST, starting on the CSA Drill Camp server, followed by organized play on whatever Skirmishes server is most populated at the time.

This being our first official event, we ask that everyone in the unit who has access to Skirmishes at this time try their damnedest to attend.

Kukuk80
06-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Good luck guys!

Reimer
06-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Reminder to PM myself or Cpt. Mitchell for the company Teamspeak information if you do not currently posses it.

ZoSo
09-24-2018, 08:45 PM
I'd love to join this battalion, as I was born and raised in North Carolina. I also had family die for the Confederacy and my father and brother are members of "Sons of the Confederacy". One of my ancestors is Eli R. Eury from the 42nd Regiment North Carolina Infantry - C Company (M230 Roll 12)

I am in the War of Rights closed Alpha, so I could start to play with the group immediately. My background in FPS games goes all the way back to the days of DOS (pre-Windows 95), with games like Jedi Knight Dark Forces, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. I am a former IT lead for multiple companies, including Lowe's HQ and North Carolina State Government, specializing in hardware.

I ran my first FPS clan in 2003 for the first COD game (the only one I liked from that series, ever). I am a website owner and author, specializing in audio. I have been a forum moderator for a half dozen sites over the years including Guru3D, VideoCardz.com, Thirdgen.org, XtremeSystems, etc.

Please let me know if there is something I should read before joining, like if there is a sign up document or similar. BTW, I volunteered in the company tool already.

Warboy
09-24-2018, 08:54 PM
I'd love to join this battalion, as I was born and raised in North Carolina. I also had family die for the Confederacy and my father and brother are members of "Sons of the Confederacy". One of my ancestors is Eli R. Eury from the 42nd Regiment North Carolina Infantry - C Company (M230 Roll 12)

I am in the War of Rights closed Alpha, so I could start to play with the group immediately. My background in FPS games goes all the way back to the days of DOS (pre-Windows 95), with games like Jedi Knight Dark Forces, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. I am a former IT lead for multiple companies, including Lowe's HQ and North Carolina State Government, specializing in hardware.

I ran my first FPS clan in 2003 for the first COD game (the only one I liked from that series, ever). I am a website owner and author, specializing in audio. I have been a forum moderator for a half dozen sites over the years including Guru3D, VideoCardz.com, Thirdgen.org, XtremeSystems, etc.

Please let me know if there is something I should read about and/or before joining.

I believe these guys are inactive, or I haven't seen any of them in game for 6 months that I have been playing, refer to this list (https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?5473-*List-of-Active-regiments-companies-in-War-of-Rights*) for all active regiments/companies currently in the game.

-Mitchell-
12-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Requesting that a Admin/Mod delete this thread, the 1st NCSS has been redesignated as the 30th VA Inf. Thank you!