PDA

View Full Version : A. P. Hill's Light Division

Pages : [1] 2

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Just waiting for my division to form. ;)

NOTE: these are not reserved, anyone can form any of the companies of the regiments listed.

HILL'S LIGHT DIVISION (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=34)
Major General Ambrose P. Hill (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/member.php?734-A-P-Hill)

Staff:

Chief of Staff/Adjutant General: Major Richard C. Morgan
Inspector General: Major R.J. Wingate
Division Commissary: Major E.Baptist Hill
Division Ordnance: Capt. Robert C. Stanard
Division Quartermaster: Major James M. Field
Aide De Camp: Capt. Francis T. Hill

1st Brigade: Brigadier General Charles W. Field's Brigade
22nd Virginia Battalion
40th Virginia
47th Virginia Co. A, (https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?5379-47th-Virginia-Infantry-Co-A)Co. E (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2405-1st-Battalion-47th-Virginia-Volunteer-Infantry-Regiment)
55th Virginia

2nd Brigade: Brigadier General Maxcy Gregg's Brigade
1st South Carolina (Provisional Army)
1st South Carolina Rifles
12th South Carolina
13th South Carolina
14th South Carolina

4th Brigade: Brigadier General Lawrence O'B. Branch's Brigade
7th North Carolina
18th North Carolina
28th North Carolina
33rd North Carolina
37th North Carolina

5th Brigade: Brigadier General James J. Archer's Brigade
5th Alabama Battalion
19th Georgia
1st Tennessee (Provisional Army)
7th Tennessee
14th Tennessee

6th Brigade: Brigadier General W. Dorsey Pender's Brigade
16th North Carolina
22nd North Carolina
34th North Carolina
38th North Carolina

Lt. Col. R. Lindsay Walker's Artillery Battalion
Crenshaw's Battery (Richmond Battery) - (1)Napoleon, (1)12 Pdr Howitzer, (2)6 Pdr Guns
Fredericksburg Virginia Artillery (Braxton's battery) - (2)3 Inch Ordnance Rifle, (4)6 Pdr Guns
Pee Dee South Carolina Artillery (McIntosh's battery) - (1)10 Pdr Parrott, (1)3 inch Ordnance, (1)Napoleon, (1)12 Pdr Howitzer
Purcell's Virginia Artillery (Pegram's battery)- (2)10 Pdr Parrott, (2)Napoleon, (2) 6 Pdr Guns, (left in Virginia)

(Left at Harpers Ferry to expedite prisoners and captured supplies)

3rd Brigade: Brigadier General Edward L. Thomas' Brigade
14th Georgia
35th Georgia
45th Georgia
49th Georgia

Letcher's Virginia Artillery (Davidson's battery) - (1)3 inch Ordnance, (2)Napoleon, (1)6 Pdr Gun

(Left behind at Leesburg, due to insufficient serviceable equipment - while usable equipment, animals, and men were reassigned to the guns going into the Maryland Campaign. These units were later disbanded after Antietam)

Branch's North Carolina Artillery (A. C. Latham's Battery) - (2)Napoleon, (2)6 Pdr Gun
Middlesex Virginia Artillery (Fleet's battery)

----------------------------------------------------------------

AAA Units formed.

Dipington
11-09-2015, 12:19 AM
it'll be so epic

Bravescot
11-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Someone is damn confident that they can get this many men to follow him! Good luck to you sir.

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 12:25 AM
Any company that forms and is a part of that list are mine! ;)

LOL.

Bravescot
11-09-2015, 12:28 AM

LOL.

I think you'll find you run into some rather large problems there. Then again the cane is still a very persuasive methord

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 12:39 AM
The men in the list above in those companies will love me as their commanding officer. I have devoted my life to the study of this man and his way of commanding.

I will maintain period cohesiveness of all under my command. ;)

Bravescot
11-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Transnational: "Let them hate as long as they fear" - Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus "Caligula" ;)

Rithal
11-09-2015, 02:29 AM
The Confederate players of this forum will follow you into battle!!! Lead us! >:-)

Mi'kmaq
11-09-2015, 02:59 AM
The Confederate players of this forum will follow you into battle!!! Lead us! >:-)

You're damn right!

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 03:50 AM
Thank you boys.

Now lets hope the others forming companies of the Light Division feel the same.

GreyDog58
11-09-2015, 04:03 AM
A whole division? Wow. We'll see you on the battlefield :P

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 04:06 AM
Just as soon as we can get there from Harpers Ferry to smash Burnside's Corps back across his bridge! ;)

A. P. Hill
11-09-2015, 10:57 PM
All you good Southern Gentlemen,

IF your unit falls within the ranks of the list I have at the original post of this thread, it would be appreciated if you would join our group. (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=34)

Greatly appreciated. ;)

Etherton
11-09-2015, 11:08 PM
You just have to hope you can secure it all in the company tool :P dont forget the current setup only officially supports companies BUT community ran projects like this can be achieved i guess, just over time :P

A. P. Hill
11-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Still seeking units that composed the regiments of The Light Division to come join the group. ;) Ya'll welcome.

Bravescot
11-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Still seeking units that composed the regiments of The Light Division to come join the group. ;) Ya'll welcome.

I hate to say it mate but I doubt they will ever joint you. These kind of communities don't just rally around someone they don't know and rarely organise into larger communities in a hurry.

A. P. Hill
11-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Take your youthful negativity elsewhere.

I am not looking to control anyone or any company. This is an attempt to rally like minded groups.
This is however an effort to help individuals and/or organizations that were a part of a larger organization to collaborate, so they may experience the feeling of being in something that may never otherwise be experienced.

So, again all you folks who form companies within the regiments and brigades of The Light Division, you're welcome to join the group.

Thanks to all ya'll ahead of time.

Bravescot
11-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Take your youthful negativity elsewhere.

I've been playing this type of community game for little over 5 years. It is not youthful negativity it's experience.

People don't just join brigades because a brigade leader asks them too. Tying to form something like this that a great deal of negotiating and dealing to make sure everyone is satisfied. Most people I've seen forming companies are from the North and South community as well and knowing them they will be trying to sick close to their friends from the Union Army and Dixieland Army which I'd say are good examples of how these kind of groups are formed and run.

If you're not willing to listen to someone who actually has a fair bit of experience with this stuff then so be it. Just don't be so rude when advice is offered.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-10-2015, 03:53 PM
I've been playing this type of community game for little over 5 years. It is not youthful negativity it's experience.

People don't just join brigades because a brigade leader asks them too. Tying to form something like this that a great deal of negotiating and dealing to make sure everyone is satisfied. Most people I've seen forming companies are from the North and South community as well and knowing them they will be trying to sick close to their friends from the Union Army and Dixieland Army which I'd say are good examples of how these kind of groups are formed and run.

If you're not willing to listen to someone who actually has a fair bit of experience with this stuff then so be it. Just don't be so rude when advice is offered.

I imagine many many people who will buy this game are coming from Napoleonic wars and already have regiments of people they play with and arent gonna want to just form a new one with random people.

Macca
11-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Let's try and keep it calm lads, no need for a dispute over Hill's plans / goals.

A. P. Hill
11-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Let's try and keep it calm lads, no need for a dispute over Hill's plans / goals.

Thank you my friend.

I'm looking at this as a "guild for guilds" or in this case companies. One never knows until one tries. And I have seen it done.

Just check your company against the organization chart in the first post, if your company corresponds with those listed just join my group it'll cost you nothing, and if you don't like what you see or find there you are welcome to depart.

Bravescot
11-10-2015, 06:08 PM
I wish you the best of luck with it then.

A. P. Hill
11-10-2015, 06:15 PM
I wish you the best of luck with it then.

Thank you Sir. And the same in your efforts.

Mi'kmaq
11-11-2015, 12:21 AM
I hate to say it mate but I doubt they will ever joint you. These kind of communities don't just rally around someone they don't know and rarely organise into larger communities in a hurry.
I've seen crazier things happen within these kind of communities, tbh. Hill's goal has been accomplished before, some what. We had an Army of the Potomac and Army of Northern Virginia in North and South. Those were huge. Whole regiments banded together for events.

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Were those the precursors to the current Union Army and Dixieland Army?

Mi'kmaq
11-11-2015, 08:33 AM
Were those the precursors to the current Union Army and Dixieland Army?

Hell if I know, I've been away from the NW community for quite awhile. All I know is that those 2 armies existed within the community, they were huge, and my reg joined up around the time they first started up to get involved in some events. I had no idea that they were still around lol

William
11-11-2015, 03:22 PM
The next Thing is it was written Long ago your are only allowed to reserve Companys and no Regiemtens Brigades or Divions or Armys
this is what the devs said

LTC Philip A. Work
11-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Looks like we need someone to snatch up John B Hoods name then too lol

Simon445
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Join the server lads, someone is filling up the server!

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 04:02 PM
The next Thing is it was written Long ago your are only allowed to reserve Companys and no Regiemtens Brigades or Divions or Armys
this is what the devs said

You misunderstand me Sir, I am not claiming that I am starting a division. If you visit the group section of the forums you'll see The Light Division is a group. Anyone can form any of the companies listed in the roster shown on the first post all I am doing is asking those individual companies to consider coming together and sharing in whatever happens.

The developers want realism to exist in this endeavor, and I seek nothing more than gathering a realistic collection of individual companies and giving them a sense of reality.

Good Day to you.

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Looks like we need someone to snatch up John B Hoods name then too lol

Well good Sir, I see nothing stopping a Texan from doing so. But in the same manner.

William
11-11-2015, 04:41 PM
You misunderstand me Sir, I am not claiming that I am starting a division. If you visit the group section of the forums you'll see The Light Division is a group. Anyone can form any of the companies listed in the roster shown on the first post all I am doing is asking those individual companies to consider coming together and sharing in whatever happens.

The developers want realism to exist in this endeavor, and I seek nothing more than gathering a realistic collection of individual companies and giving them a sense of reality.

Good Day to you.

Oh sry then Sir

i thought wrong because of that:

"Any company that forms and is a part of that list are mine!"

because you said that

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 05:19 PM

LOL.

^ That's because he did. But in a joking way

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Synisism and snarkiness are hard to detect in written form. ;)

However, that's not to say that pulling a group of companies together to form historical elements is prohibited.

I envision a private server for the "Division" and everyone getting together and practicing and drilling together, then taking that to the field of battle.

;)

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Bump just to keep this on the first page and pertinent.

As opposed to all the worthless spamming.

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 07:25 PM
^ He double posted!! SHAME! SHAME! *Rings bell*

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Double posted with a 2 hour gap.

Very much unlike others.

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Once more to the top.

Crazytoes
11-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Good luck then

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Thank You.

Wish you well also.

Crazytoes
11-11-2015, 10:56 PM
:3 Live the dream

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 02:27 AM
:3 Live the dream

You know I am. :)

Murch
11-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Don't wait, only go.

Machoman44441
11-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Just curious cause im interested in starting one of these are there any muster rolls of this infantry units? Cause if I start a company I would like to have the requirement of picking a name of the muster roll.

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 01:09 PM
I'd like to go, but it seems there is a surprising lack of historical companies coming forward.

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Just curious cause im interested in starting one of these are there any muster rolls of this infantry units?

First post in this thread.

Thanks.

-Mitchell-
11-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Good luck, Sir! My Sharpshooters will be ready if your in need of them.

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Excellent Sir, look for my missive at a later time.

Machoman44441
11-12-2015, 01:13 PM
First post in this thread.

Thanks.

I am asking about like a specific muster roll of the enlisted men of a certain unit.

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 01:15 PM
I am asking about like a specific muster roll of the enlisted men of a certain unit.

The internet is a wonderful tool.

No, sorry I don't have names.

Machoman44441
11-12-2015, 02:01 PM
https://books.google.com/books?id=67E-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA509&dq=south+carolina+muster+roll&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAGoVChMIh9XOxIOLyQIVwm0-Ch1iOA15#v=onepage&q=south%20carolina%20muster%20roll&f=false
found a muster of 1st south carolina company E. at the moment i'm just transfering who would of been in the regiment during the maryland campaign.

A. P. Hill
11-12-2015, 03:49 PM
https://books.google.com/books?id=67E-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA509&dq=south+carolina+muster+roll&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAGoVChMIh9XOxIOLyQIVwm0-Ch1iOA15#v=onepage&q=south%20carolina%20muster%20roll&f=false
found a muster of 1st south carolina company E. at the moment i'm just transfering who would of been in the regiment during the maryland campaign.

The simple answer is, pick a company, make yourself captain and file the company online so folks know it exists, then go to groups and join The Light Division group.

Looking forward to it and good luck.

RhettVito
11-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Do a D.H Hill one also the 23rdNC was with them

Machoman44441
11-12-2015, 11:11 PM
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?845-1st-South-Carolina-Regiment-Company-A-NA-hyper-realistic

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 12:10 AM
Congrats and welcome to the Light Division.

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 04:55 AM
Pay attention to the messaging feature in the group. There may be important info there.

Harris1815
11-13-2015, 04:31 PM
You realize that Community became a Downfall, then like Jesus(Chadman) Rose up and Made DA. and is still doing a good job.

Bravescot
11-13-2015, 04:32 PM
You realize that Community became a Downfall, then like Jesus(Chadman) Rose up and Made DA. and is still doing a good job.

Unt Arcturus and Hairy for the UA

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 04:12 AM
Yay we got an artillery company!

C'mon folks you know ya'll wanna do this! ;)

Price
11-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Aye, I'd follow this man to battle.. Sadly I cannot due to differing timezones ;(

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 06:47 AM
What is a time zone? ;)

It's. 01:46 Sunday morning and I haven't been to bed since Friday night! ! LOL

Rithal
11-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Aye, I'd follow this man to battle.. Sadly I cannot due to differing timezones ;(

I have been in a unit with Australians in the past! :D

Cynfar
11-15-2015, 04:26 PM
All hail our new CSA overlord! :D

Cynfar
11-15-2015, 04:28 PM

Oh and happy birthday too!

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Oh and happy birthday too!

Thank you. :)

Shadow765
11-15-2015, 05:35 PM
good luck sir

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 08:00 PM
good luck sir

Thank you Sir, but at my age it's gonna take more than luck! ... Erm .... or were you referring to the collection of my Light DIvision?

;)

Shadow765
11-16-2015, 02:12 AM
Thank you Sir, but at my age it's gonna take more than luck! ... Erm .... or were you referring to the collection of my Light DIvision?

;)

I was referring to you're light division :p

A. P. Hill
11-16-2015, 03:26 AM
I was referring to you're light division :p

Rgr that. Thanks. ;)

William F. Randolph
11-16-2015, 05:58 PM
A.P. just wondering what entitles you to so much power? Qualifications other than supposedly being a wizard on Civil War history and A.P. Hill's tactics? I apologize if this seems blunt, but surely you can see why I am worried.

rapier17
11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
I think, with A.P. Hill's apparent intention, there is no entitlement to 'power'. What Hill appears to be wanting to do is gather those Light Division groups who are willing together, to form a cohesive collective and give them other units to play alongside with a common cause - that is if I read the intentions correctly.

Good Day to you.

With that in mind, I would say the best qualifications at this stage are energy and enthusiasm; to hold this together for around a year until general release (Nov. 2016 was the date given on the Kickstarter) will take a lot of both. It is worth remembering that as this is purely a voluntary thing, Hill only has as much 'power' as people are willing to give him and if anybody or group doesn't like what Hill is doing/does then they've obviously got the option to leave the Light Division group.

Wigmund_Adams
11-16-2015, 08:41 PM
I think that the question posed wasn't a matter of trying to judge intent, but qualifications. That said, I do agree that stating one's qualifications is essential regardless of intent for this sort of thing. If he's going to hold together this sort of network to allow groups to meet up, train, whatever it might be for... then he needs to have the ability to do so. And I won't lie when I say I'm genuinely worried for the CSA groups that join this, as from experience in the past with the various Warband mods and expansion proved that "armies" have the potential to isolate new/growing groups and even prevent them from gaining a foothold in this game.

So while this power is voluntary in its assumed intentions, I still think it's wise for the topic to be brought up. I am sure the main concern with trusting this (even as just a "networking" thing) revolves around the fact that the majority of work we've seen putting this together has been brief updates and a lack of planning that normally goes into carrying out this sort of work. Even if a Company doesn't sign up for this, this has the potential to "throw people under the bus" if this becomes a big and majority grouping. That being said, the question of qualifications beyond enthusiasm, energy, and simply wanting to throw this together is a good one.

TLDR: I could care less if the worst or best guy in the world was making this. I simply want to know this isn't some fleeting idea or some plan to try and tug a bunch of people into a fishnet and "muscle" out other companies using their sheer size. So please, to follow the previous question pose, would you mind telling us what experience you have in leading groups, regardless of size, and any you may have in establishing an alliance of sorts in a fashion like this one?

Leifr
11-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Because fictitious qualifications matter on the Internet.
A.P Hill is more than free to tackle this if he chooses to and, as rapier17 commented, groups are free to join and leave under their own free will. Anything beyond this is superfluous to needs and would elicit nothing but ill spoken words.

Bravescot
11-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Because fictitious qualifications matter on the Internet.
A.P Hill is more than free to tackle this if he chooses to and, as rapier17 commented, groups are free to join and leave under their own free will. Anything beyond this is superfluous to needs and would elicit nothing but ill spoken words.

Aye gents. This is a fair and open group for entry and exit from what Mr Hill has said. There is no need to bring ill here. Let's just leave it as it is and allow Mr Hill to do as he pleases with his Division.

I say the best of luck to him as I'd be really interested in seeing this work!

William F. Randolph
11-17-2015, 12:10 AM
I think that the question posed wasn't a matter of trying to judge intent, but qualifications. That said, I do agree that stating one's qualifications is essential regardless of intent for this sort of thing. If he's going to hold together this sort of network to allow groups to meet up, train, whatever it might be for... then he needs to have the ability to do so. And I won't lie when I say I'm genuinely worried for the CSA groups that join this, as from experience in the past with the various Warband mods and expansion proved that "armies" have the potential to isolate new/growing groups and even prevent them from gaining a foothold in this game.

So while this power is voluntary in its assumed intentions, I still think it's wise for the topic to be brought up. I am sure the main concern with trusting this (even as just a "networking" thing) revolves around the fact that the majority of work we've seen putting this together has been brief updates and a lack of planning that normally goes into carrying out this sort of work. Even if a Company doesn't sign up for this, this has the potential to "throw people under the bus" if this becomes a big and majority grouping. That being said, the question of qualifications beyond enthusiasm, energy, and simply wanting to throw this together is a good one.

TLDR: I could care less if the worst or best guy in the world was making this. I simply want to know this isn't some fleeting idea or some plan to try and tug a bunch of people into a fishnet and "muscle" out other companies using their sheer size. So please, to follow the previous question pose, would you mind telling us what experience you have in leading groups, regardless of size, and any you may have in establishing an alliance of sorts in a fashion like this one?
Exactly what im thinking, spoke my own words outta my damn mouth good to see another memphian too :D

Also I did not mean ill, I am just wondering if Hill is gonna flake out. I am fully supportive of anyone that can do this correctly.

A. P. Hill
11-17-2015, 01:59 AM
... I am just wondering if Hill is gonna flake out. I am fully supportive of anyone that can do this correctly.

First, don't worry about offending me I'm a big boy. ;) I am capable of handling criticism.

Secondly let me ask you folks one question before I consider the rest of my response. That question is, how old are you? You answer that and I'll tell you whether I am going to flake out or not.

I'll just wait here till you get back with your answer. :)

William F. Randolph
11-18-2015, 02:54 AM
I am 17 years old.

Age at this stage in the game doesn't matter but committment does. So are you going to continue to attempt to throw out insults, lodge your posts in new threads trying to rally support to your cause, or are you going to doing the damn job like you say you will?

I've seen too much happen to these communities due to inactive leaders, what makes you any different?

Now please, try and respond with decency.

Leifr
11-18-2015, 06:31 AM
Why are you so concerned and riled up pal?
As stated, by almost everyone posting with a level head, no one is under any obligation to submit themselves to A.P Hill.

Stay cool.

Migs
11-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Hey is there room for a regiment in thus div

Rithal
11-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Hey is there room for a regiment in thus div

There's always room for more units! Private message me or Hill and we can talk more in depth. :D

Soulfly
11-18-2015, 12:06 PM
and i am still sitting here confused what unit i am joining ...

A. P. Hill
11-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Why are you so concerned and riled up pal?
As stated, by almost everyone posting with a level head, no one is under any obligation to submit themselves to A.P Hill.

Stay cool.

Thank you my friend. As soon as I can find time I'll reply, things are a bit hot here ATM.

Machoman44441
11-18-2015, 03:06 PM
DELETE this was an accident

Machoman44441
11-18-2015, 03:07 PM
"and i am still sitting here confused what unit i am joining" if you want to blow up stuff message me!

Tom Walters
11-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Looking forward to joining a unit in HILL'S LIGHT DIVISION, hail to the confederacy! ;)

A. P. Hill
11-19-2015, 04:49 AM
Looking forward to joining a unit in HILL'S LIGHT DIVISION, hail to the confederacy! ;)

Greetings Sir! Welcome.

We would love to have ya ... PM me with your story and I'll chase it from there. ;)

A. P. Hill
11-19-2015, 04:52 AM
and i am still sitting here confused what unit i am joining ...

I thought you were already a member of a company.

Soulfly
11-19-2015, 06:34 AM
I thought you were already a member of a company.

No Sir, but i hope to set foot into one....i just need to figure out how the European rebels are organizing. But i think there is still some time left

Rithal
11-19-2015, 07:23 AM
No Sir, but i hope to set foot into one....i just need to figure out how the European rebels are organizing. But i think there is still some time left

There is plenty of time! :D

Etherton
11-19-2015, 05:49 PM
How do you plan on making this? Surely not many companies want to already make that choice without knowing you or the ability to make something above a company officially?

Leifr
11-19-2015, 06:00 PM
I see that you too have not read the thread. ;)

A. P. Hill
11-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Just a reminder to the public in general.

All units posted in the first post are still available for your ownership.

Bravescot
11-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Just a reminder to the public in general.

All units posted in the first post are still available for your ownership.

I think that is one thing that people misunderstand when they read this. All the listed regiments and such are open to be taken, it's just people might think at first that you'd bookmarked them all.

A. P. Hill
11-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Correct sir, all units in the Light Division are completely available to whomever wants to start one. This more a historical listing for people's use. Regarding bookmarks, you won't find them as existing companies started by me.

Almanza P. Baker
11-20-2015, 10:08 PM
So I wanted to say a couple things here before more confused people post on this thread. First let me state that I have no opinion one way or the other on A.P. Hills setting up this type of organization, in fact in time this will need to be done in order for regular events to be played by the collection of companies being organized. The concern I have is not knowing Mr. Hill I have no idea if, A- he can run such an organization adequately or B- I would want to play under his leadership.
So my advice to you would be to first form your own company and play with it during the Alpha stage so those of us who will be playing alongside you will get to learn your leadership style. I believe that this is the best way for you to show the community that you indeed can pull this off. Unlike Civil War political appointments I believe that here in this community proving yourself up to the task is the best way to get people to accept your leadership.
Whatever you decide to do I look forward to participating along side you on the battlefield. Best of luck.

"Semper Paratus"

Rice
11-21-2015, 07:28 AM
So I wanted to say a couple things here before more confused people post on this thread. First let me state that I have no opinion one way or the other on A.P. Hills setting up this type of organization, in fact in time this will need to be done in order for regular events to be played by the collection of companies being organized. The concern I have is not knowing Mr. Hill I have no idea if, A- he can run such an organization adequately or B- I would want to play under his leadership.
So my advice to you would be to first form your own company and play with it during the Alpha stage so those of us who will be playing alongside you will get to learn your leadership style. I believe that this is the best way for you to show the community that you indeed can pull this off. Unlike Civil War political appointments I believe that here in this community proving yourself up to the task is the best way to get people to accept your leadership.
Whatever you decide to do I look forward to participating along side you on the battlefield. Best of luck.

"Semper Paratus"

I completely agree with this and that is the only reason why I hesitate to look into stuff like this. One of my guys earlier asked the exact same question and it was dismissed without any reply. And what is with the passive aggressive tone toward SgtSoldier? Age has nothing to do with this. Both him and my Soldier asked a valid question of which I have witnessed myself. My CO and I have already spoken about which Division or "Army" to join and frankly if I don't know you or you leave a bad impression I'm not willing to follow said leadership. Seen far to many people bite far more than they can chew sense we started in MM and I'm not going to set my foot in just to have it slammed in the door.

I am personally all for large community led organizations. Worked with a smaller one back in the old days of MM with 1st EPI and others. It ran quite well because of the fact their CO's and myself were quite acquainted and trusted one another to keep each others flank in mind.

George
11-21-2015, 08:18 AM
A. P. Hill was a Lt. General, not a Maj. General ;)

Bravescot
11-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Okay guys enough of this.

Hill may do as he wishes in terms of forming this Division. There is no need for you guys to come on here and tell him all about how you do not want to join.

A. P. Hill
11-21-2015, 02:06 PM
A. P. Hill was a Lt. General, not a Maj. General ;)

I'll reply to this snipe this way:

A. P. Hill, affectioniately called Powell through his life, held many stations, Sir.
April 1842 he accepted CADET into West Point Military School. Where he roomed with, of all people George B McClellan.
September 1845 he was promoted Sargent of Cadets.
June 1847 he graduated 15th in his class.
August 1847 he was appointed Second Lieutenant 1st Regiment, U.S. Artillery and sent to Mexico. The only cadet in his class to see service in Mexico.
Late 1849 he was Regimental quartermaster for the 1st U.S. Artillery in Florida during the Seminole War.
In 1850 he resolved amid seccession reports that he would serve his state rather than the federal.
September 1851 promoted to first lieutenant. 1st U.S. Artillery, still in Florida.
Late 1853 he is second in command of Battery D, 1st U.S. Artillery stationed at Fort Capron.
November 1855 appointed to the U.S. Coast Survey Offices in Washington D.C.
February 1860 he resigned from the U.S. service and cast his lot with Virginia.
May 1860 he is appointed Colonel of the 13th Virginia Infantry Regiment.
After 1st Manassas he acted as second in commmand of Elzey's Brigade, of Kirby Smith's Division.
February 1862 appointed Brigadier General commanding the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 17th VA & the Loudoun Battery.
May 1862 promoted Major General commanding the list of regiments and artillery found in the first post of this thread, AND the position he held during the campaign that this game is portraying. It would be in error to list him as Lieutenant General at this time when he was not.

May 23rd 1863 appointed to Lt. General commanding the III Corps Army of Northern Virginia.

Thank you for this opportunity to put forth this small summary.
Any other questions? Didn't think so.

I'll respond to the others in time, thank you Bravescot, Sir.

A. P. Hill
11-21-2015, 03:14 PM
... And what is with the passive aggressive tone toward SgtSoldier? Age has nothing to do with this. ...

There is no tone, passive or aggressive from me. There does seem to be a bit of rashness from him though, I'm willing to ignore it.
Actually age does matter, it has everything to do with it. IF I could have formulated a response sooner everyone would have seen exactly the point I was making. But for some of us, real life takes a priority. I also presume your defense of SgtSoldier and the joining of the chorus here against me is based on a similar footing as his.

SgtSoldier was questioning my resolve. My wherewithal to "sustain this". He's questioning "this" based on "his experience." Well his "experience" is not mine. This is the difference between us. Knowing I owe you people no explanation or reason for what I am doing I could say nothing and be completely in the clear, however, if you'll indulge me in some rather boring history, I'll answer the charge of my resolve, and my questioning his, shall we say maturity?

When I was 10 years old my parents took my brothers and I to Gettysburg on vacation. I was completely captivated at that time by the American Civil War. A captivity that has not abated since that time. Just recently some of you had an opportunity to wish me a "happy birthday" thanks to Bravescot's post back on the 15th of this month, a birthday I'd rather forget took place. For the record, I turned 60 years old. That breaks down to 50 solid years of studying the American Civil War in my life. Close to almost 4 life times of some if not all of you here questioning my intent and resolve. And doing so solely because you don't know who I am. Fine I can accept that.

I developed this love for this era of history long before computers were in existence. I have lived the life in re-enactments as some of you have. My own personally accumulated library on the American Civil War totals somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 - $4000.oo USD in value. ALL those 50 years of studying and living and eating and breathing the American Civil War, I have wanted to do something like this endeavor. I know, big whoop!, right? 'So what?!' you say? I can accept that too. Apparently my young questioners cannot.

Here's the point. You don't like what I'm attempting to do, which is really nothing, though you all think it is something, its really not. Here's some advice from an old man, don't join, ignore me, ignore the people who join themselves to me, go do your own thing with your own friends, go form your own organizations and be happy. I am not stopping you from doing anything. Seriously what does it matter what I do?

It matters because you all have misjudged my intent. I am accused of your misunderstanding. You think I'm trying to go against the directive of the developers here who said we should form companies first? Nowhere have I done that. In fact as has been brought out, I haven't even formed a company, yet. I don't want to say this, and I hope they forgive me, but if the developers had thought I was doing wrong, do you not think they would have shut me down already?

You misjudge me of trying to set myself up as someone in charge. Why does it matter to you what I do? I think ultimately the developers want to see major organizations like this come into existence, and starting with the company format, they're being realists as to the population of people they expect to take interest in their endeavor, and I in no way disagree with them. I may just be a few years ahead of their thinking, or I may just be living a fantasy that I've had for 50 years.

Again the solution to this is easy, go do your own thing and ignore me. Ignore those that join to me. If what I am doing, which again is nothing more than trying to get loose groups of people to come together to experience the feel of being in a structured organization the size of a division, works and people flock to this, and you're feeling left out, rememeber where you were when this started.

There really is room for all, you're all welcome when you decide you want to join the fun.

I wish you all well and the best success you could possibly wish for. And to turn a quote we've all seen a few times .... "We'll see you on the field of battle!".

Powell.

Bravescot
11-21-2015, 03:19 PM
That is now end of now.

Nobody is to reply to what Hill just put in anyway, shape or form. The slate is now clear, let us all get along.

A. P. Hill
11-21-2015, 06:55 PM
I still look forward to seeing folks creating these outfits!

And for the record ask that you click on the community drop down, select groups, and feel free to join the group already established.

Thanks!

-Mitchell-
11-21-2015, 10:41 PM
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/30/83/30832c743e9d351e23def84913e50f89.jpg?itok=usk95PJS
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1690&d=1445101951

A. P. Hill
11-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Thank you Sir! And a thief of my smiley!

A. P. Hill
11-23-2015, 12:02 AM
Here's the link to the Light Division Group page. (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=34)

Thanks for visiting. :)

Mi'kmaq
11-23-2015, 01:13 AM
https://p2.liveauctioneers.com/906/16239/5387516_1_l.jpg
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1699&d=1445101951http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1699&d=1445101951http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1699&d=1445101951http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1699&d=1445101951http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1699&d=1445101951http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1699&d=1445101951

Let's all steal Hill's smiley!

On a serious note, I'm glad to be apart of this division. Looking forward to playing with all y'all.

A. P. Hill
11-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Great Picture my friend!

Bravescot
11-23-2015, 02:11 AM
http://civilwartalk.com/attachments/ibffamcjmggrbc-jpg.13799/

You guys have nothing on me!
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/voyages/europe/ecosse1.gif

A. P. Hill
11-23-2015, 04:06 AM
Nice job Bravescot. Thank you Sir.

George
11-24-2015, 05:21 AM
I'll reply to this snipe this way:

A. P. Hill, affectioniately called Powell through his life, held many stations, Sir.
April 1842 he accepted CADET into West Point Military School. Where he roomed with, of all people George B McClellan.
September 1845 he was promoted Sargent of Cadets.
June 1847 he graduated 15th in his class.
August 1847 he was appointed Second Lieutenant 1st Regiment, U.S. Artillery and sent to Mexico. The only cadet in his class to see service in Mexico.
Late 1849 he was Regimental quartermaster for the 1st U.S. Artillery in Florida during the Seminole War.
In 1850 he resolved amid seccession reports that he would serve his state rather than the federal.
September 1851 promoted to first lieutenant. 1st U.S. Artillery, still in Florida.
Late 1853 he is second in command of Battery D, 1st U.S. Artillery stationed at Fort Capron.
November 1855 appointed to the U.S. Coast Survey Offices in Washington D.C.
February 1860 he resigned from the U.S. service and cast his lot with Virginia.
May 1860 he is appointed Colonel of the 13th Virginia Infantry Regiment.
After 1st Manassas he acted as second in commmand of Elzey's Brigade, of Kirby Smith's Division.
February 1862 appointed Brigadier General commanding the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 17th VA & the Loudoun Battery.
May 1862 promoted Major General commanding the list of regiments and artillery found in the first post of this thread, AND the position he held during the campaign that this game is portraying. It would be in error to list him as Lieutenant General at this time when he was not.

May 23rd 1863 appointed to Lt. General commanding the III Corps Army of Northern Virginia.

Thank you for this opportunity to put forth this small summary.
Any other questions? Didn't think so.

I'll respond to the others in time, thank you Bravescot, Sir.

i am perfectly aware of his promotion dates, i wouldn't have posted that if i had no idea what i was talking about. the fact is, when you're talking about military people and their ranks, because this isnt a reenactment or living history of a certain period of time but rather a video game of a certain time, you say their late rank, so in this case its Lt. General A.P Hill

same goes with when you're referring to a retired Vietnam veteran, you say, for example, Maj. Bob Billson (Ret'd) and any awards they received during service. So if they were awarded the Medal of Honor, you say Maj. Bob Billson, MOH (Ret'd)

i was posting politely, just letting you know, but you took it as if i was telling you off or something.

Mi'kmaq
11-25-2015, 12:37 AM
Here's a small recruitment video I made while screwing around in WMM. :) It's nothing special, just a short vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgWJ57ntDrk&feature=youtu.be

I tried to find some good in-game Confederate footage, but that's pretty limited because WoR isn't even out lololol

A. P. Hill
11-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Thanks my friend!

:)

Powell

A. P. Hill
11-28-2015, 01:09 PM
i am perfectly aware of his promotion dates, i wouldn't have posted that if i had no idea what i was talking about. the fact is, when you're talking about military people and their ranks, because this isnt a reenactment or living history of a certain period of time but rather a video game of a certain time, you say their late rank, so in this case its Lt. General A.P Hill

same goes with when you're referring to a retired Vietnam veteran, you say, for example, Maj. Bob Billson (Ret'd) and any awards they received during service. So if they were awarded the Medal of Honor, you say Maj. Bob Billson, MOH (Ret'd)

i was posting politely, just letting you know, but you took it as if i was telling you off or something.

Apparently the idea and concept of roleplaying is lost to you?

Especially since this endeavor takes us back in time, and is striving for period realism, it could very well be considered a new approach to reenacting.

Perhaps you can post a link to those rules?

Stand Waite
11-29-2015, 01:03 AM
A worthy cause, and a momentous task. Deo Vindice.

Oh, I'm a good old rebel
Now thats just what I am
And for this yankee nation
I do no give a damn.

I'm glad I fit (fought) against 'er (her)
I only wish we'd won
I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done.

I hates the Yankee nation
And eveything they do
I hates the declaration
Of independence too.

I hates the glorious union
'Tis dripping with our blood
I hates the striped banner
And fit (fought) it all I could.

I rode with Robert E. Lee
For three years there about
Got wounded in four places
And I starved at Pint (Point) Lookout.

I coutch (caught) the roomatism (rheumatism)
Campin' in the snow
But I killed a chance of Yankees
And I'd like to kill some mo'. (more.)

Three hundred thousand Yankees
Is stiff in southern dust
We got three hundred thousand
Before they conquered us.

They died of southern fever
And southern steel and shot
I wish they was three million
Instead of what we got.

I can't take up my musket
And fight 'em down no mo' (more)
But I ain't a-goin' to love 'em (them)
Now that is serten sho. (certain sure.)

And I don't want no pardon
For what I was and am
I won't be reconstructed
And I do not give a damn.

Oh, I'm a good old rebel
Now that's just what I am
And for this Yankee nation
I do no give a damn.

I'm glad I fought against 'er (her)
I only wish we'd won
I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done.

I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done...

A. P. Hill
11-29-2015, 04:47 AM
A worthy cause, and a momentous task. Deo Vindice.

Oh, I'm a good old rebel
Now thats just what I am
And for this yankee nation
I do no give a damn.

I'm glad I fit (fought) against 'er (her)
I only wish we'd won
I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done.

I hates the Yankee nation
And eveything they do
I hates the declaration
Of independence too.

I hates the glorious union
'Tis dripping with our blood
I hates the striped banner
And fit (fought) it all I could.

I rode with Robert E. Lee
For three years there about
Got wounded in four places
And I starved at Pint (Point) Lookout.

I coutch (caught) the roomatism (rheumatism)
Campin' in the snow
But I killed a chance of Yankees
And I'd like to kill some mo'. (more.)

Three hundred thousand Yankees
Is stiff in southern dust
We got three hundred thousand
Before they conquered us.

They died of southern fever
And southern steel and shot
I wish they was three million
Instead of what we got.

I can't take up my musket
And fight 'em down no mo' (more)
But I ain't a-goin' to love 'em (them)
Now that is serten sho. (certain sure.)

And I don't want no pardon
For what I was and am
I won't be reconstructed
And I do not give a damn.

Oh, I'm a good old rebel
Now that's just what I am
And for this Yankee nation
I do no give a damn.

I'm glad I fought against 'er (her)
I only wish we'd won
I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done.

I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done...

Welcome Stand! Good to see our native brothers join us!!!!

I wish you and our native allies all the best, and look forward to fighting beside you!

William
12-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Good Luck Mr. A.P. Hill

A. P. Hill
12-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Good Luck Mr. A.P. Hill

Thank you Sir, I look forward to meeting you on the field. And Good Fortune to you too.

Robert E. Lee
12-02-2015, 02:11 AM
I have full faith in you Mister Hill.

A. P. Hill
12-02-2015, 02:22 AM
I have full faith in you Mister Hill.

Thank You Sir!

Stand Waite
12-20-2015, 06:01 PM
To Major General Ambrose Powell Hill
Cmdr Light Division, Army of Northern Virginia

Thank You Sir. Looking forward to seeing you in game once it is released.

And to quote Gen. Nathan B. Forrest -Every moment lost is worth the life of a thousand men.
Said to Braxton Bragg at Chickamauga, September 18-20, 1863

Have a blessed day.

Brigadier General Stand Waite 1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles.

A. P. Hill
12-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Updated some unit information on the lead page. :)

PGT Beauregard
12-28-2015, 08:39 AM

I'd be proud to join one of your companies sir!

A. P. Hill
12-29-2015, 01:49 PM
I'd be proud to join one of your companies sir!

Thank you Sir! 1956

A. P. Hill
12-31-2015, 11:02 PM
As commander of the Light Division ANVA. I'd like to wish ya'll a very safe and happy evening.

Bravescot
01-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Can we see a list of current regiments and numbers so far in this "Division". (I use " as it's not a division yet)

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Can we see a list of current regiments and numbers so far in this "Division". (I use " as it's not a division yet)

Thats a very interesting question, Sir.

Btw. good Luck Hill ;)

A. P. Hill
01-03-2016, 09:49 PM

Sorry with the development stuff, I haven't really been keeping track. Ask my second. Rithal, where do we stand on this? :)

Rithal
01-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Sorry with the development stuff, I haven't really been keeping track. Ask my second. Rithal, where do we stand on this? :)

Already talked to him on steam about it. I basically summarized it like this. With the way things are going, by release we could have anywhere from 2 to 200 people! XD We've talked to lots of companies but none have been set in stone.

A. P. Hill
01-16-2016, 06:30 PM
... With the way things are going, by release we could have anywhere from 2 to 200 people! ...

I like it Sir!

I'd rather have the rest of the companies/regiments fleshed out though.

C'mon folks, plenty of available companies still open for your taking!

I would love to see these units filled. :)

A. P. Hill
01-22-2016, 12:24 AM
And still looking for friends to join this group. :) (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=34)

DomDowg
02-18-2016, 12:51 AM
Quick question I know there is nothing stated on the regiment list you had but is there any room for some native Marylanders and the 2nd Maryland

A. P. Hill
02-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Quick question I know there is nothing stated on the regiment list you had but is there any room for some native Marylanders and the 2nd Maryland

Sir! A pleasure to hear from you. We of the Light Division would be happy to have you with us, for various functions. I look forward to working and fighting with the 2nd MD

Mississippi
02-18-2016, 07:48 PM
A. P. Hill, Sir

Is there any room for the Dixie Brigade & 11th Mississippi Infantry Co. A in the Light Division?

A. P. Hill
02-18-2016, 10:47 PM
Absolutely Sir, we will be more than happy to organize and interact with others that want to join in. :)

Fun for all.

DomDowg
02-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Will you be with the Dixieland Army or whatever they will be called in WoR or will you be on your own?

Locke1740
02-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Will you be with the Dixieland Army or whatever they will be called in WoR or will you be on your own?

No there will be an Army of Northern Virginia and an Army of the Potomac

Bravescot
02-28-2016, 09:47 PM

The Dixieland Army of N&S have said they don't want to move over to WoRs as they don't like the Company system and also don't like that they can't reserve brigades, divisions etc.

Challis89
02-28-2016, 09:55 PM
I guess it's their loss. As great as NaS is and the Modders did a dam fine job this game will outshine it by miles. WoR will be a fresh start with plenty of potential.

Locke1740
02-28-2016, 10:07 PM
I guess it's their loss. As great as NaS is and the Modders did a dam fine job this game will outshine it by miles. WoR will be a fresh start with plenty of potential.

The DA is pretty idiotic not to come over to WoR, I think they are gonna lose many of units

Challis89
02-28-2016, 10:16 PM
The DA is pretty idiotic not to come over to WoR, I think they are gonna lose many of units

People will play both sure some units will stay together when they cross but new friendships will be forged and in time brigades will emerge but like all new ventures it will take time. bannerlords rumoured to be out this year so warband in general will lose players as always happens.

Celt
02-28-2016, 11:03 PM
The Dixieland Army of N&S have said they don't want to move over to WoRs as they don't like the Company system and also don't like that they can't reserve brigades, divisions etc.

http://i.imgur.com/3eA2qMp.jpg

A. P. Hill
05-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Just a friendly reminder, that if you'd like to partake of the experience of the Light Division, please feel free to join the Light Division Group, in the group segment of the forums. (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=34)

All companies that are associated with the Order of Battle for the Light Division (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?754-Just-waiting&p=12849&viewfull=1#post12849) as listed on the OP of this thread are welcome.

Powell.

General Levy
05-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Hill this is the last time I say this. The 12thSC is not joining the light division and btw companies don't magically join you. You need to add company commanders on steam and ask if they want to

Museal
05-18-2016, 03:43 PM

The DA has said nothing of the sort in fact the DA has released no statement regarding any of the games (WoR, BCOF or Bannerlord). The DA has decided to look into the games when we know more about them and are closer to the release date or at least in Beta. so I don't know where this has come from as you are not part of the DA to even know this.

Bravescot
05-18-2016, 03:50 PM
The DA has said nothing of the sort in fact the DA has released no statement regarding any of the games (WoR, BCOF or Bannerlord). The DA has decided to look into the games when we know more about them and are closer to the release date or at least in Beta. so I don't know where this has come from as you are not part of the DA to even know this.

The DA didn't have to release a "statement". Enough of the Generals I spoke to conveyed the view that the DA was getting its knickers in a twist over the company system. You do not have to be a member of the DA to be friends with members in it, particularly the decision makers, so you can take your fancy "statement" elsewhere.

Museal
05-18-2016, 03:56 PM
The DA didn't have to release a "statement". Enough of the Generals I spoke to conveyed the view that the DA was getting its knickers in a twist over the company system. You do not have to be a member of the DA to be friends with members in it, particularly the decision makers, so you can take your fancy "statement" elsewhere.

Well I don't know who you are speaking to but the High command have said nothing about not going into the game it dose not matter if they dislike one part of the game. also you are the one going around saying we are not doing anything over here and will not move over which is a false statements so no I will not take my "fancy statement elsewhere" as I to speak to the decision makers.

Challis89
05-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Hill this is the last time I say this. The 12thSC is not joining the light division and btw companies don't magically join you. You need to add company commanders on steam and ask if they want to

Excuse me he was asking in general terms to everyone that was part of the historical light Division no demands were given that you have to joun and a lot of the WoR stuff is conducted on the forums here not on steam. I also see your manners have not improved since I was in your brigade please show some respect to other users.

MrMan
05-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Let me go ahead and jump in this topic and confirm something. I don't care if maybe a few people in the DA have decided not to go to war of rights, unless the High Command of the Army has said something in a formal statement, you are NOT to to say that the WHOLE army has spoken. Also, I'd like to know what friends or contacts in the DA you have spoke to that apparently represent us, because last time I checked none of the High Command of the Dixieland Army have spoken to you about this recently. Right now I can confirm that almost the ENTIRE North American division has plans to go to this fantastic game of War of Rights and are WILLING to comply with the company system that we do not have ANY problems with. We have yet to decide whether or not we will try to stay together, or if we will break off on our own. It is 100% false that we plan on sticking with North and South, and the DA is now quite upset that you've made an incorrect statement on behalf of them. You are not n the DA so do not represent them on these forums , leave that to the DA's High Command.

Thanks for allowing me to yell at you. I very much enjoyed it, signed:

Major General MrMan, Commander of the 2nd Division of the Dixieland Army, North and South.

AND

1st Lieutenant MrMan, XO of Company I of the 8th Alabama, War of Rights.

Johann Günderson
05-18-2016, 05:26 PM
That's very disappointing. I had faith that this community was going to be without the toxicity of the DA, but alas, my hopes are dashed.

Well to be fair most of the mount and blade community is toxic anyways, especially NaS groups.

Bravescot
05-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Mr Man and Professor please stop it at once. I will be removing your argument from this thread as I know Hill would not like it on here. If you wish to argue take it to steam and leave the community in peace.

Mr. Man in regards to your statement it is clear that opinion has changed in the DA and I withdraw my statement in regards to the DA not coming over. It was my mistake and I apologies.

Sir Doctor Professor
05-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Well to be fair most of the mount and blade community is toxic anyways, especially NaS groups.

There are some clean communities if you look for them.

MrMan
05-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Mr Man and Professor please stop it at once. I will be removing your argument from this thread as I know Hill would not like it on here. If you wish to argue take it to steam and leave the community in peace.

Mr. Man in regards to your statement it is clear that opinion has changed in the DA and I withdraw my statement in regards to the DA not coming over. It was my mistake and I apologies.

Fair enough. However, I would appreciate it if you removed Doctor's rather harsh comment earlier; "Let's just hope the DA doesn't move over. End of story." I'm sure General Hill would not like that on his thread, and I am certainly annoyed over the comment as well. My apologies to General Hill, as I look forward to possible working with him on the field.

Locke1740
05-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Someone's formed the Pee Dee Artillery?

Grant97
05-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Good luck! :)

Bravescot
05-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Lord I have never given out so many infactions in such a short space of time. You were told to STOP discussing the matter and you persisted. The next person to post on the matter will serve a short time out to think over their actions.

Apologies for not acting sooner Mr. Hill but I was hoping they'd have gotten the message or my NA counter part might have dealt with it.

A. P. Hill
05-19-2016, 02:35 AM
It's all good M. Thanks.

No issues.

AND it's General Hill to you Major. ;)

MrMan
05-19-2016, 03:26 AM
I guess my comment was caught in the crossfire earlier and got deleted, but it obtained some important information addressed to General Hill:

The Dixieland Army may or may not try to stick together when we transfer to WoR. Right now myself and other regiments are looking to form the 8th Alabama with Companies B, G, and I. If the DA does not stick together, I wanted to talk to you about serving with you in one of your divisions.

Thanks,

~MajGen MrMan, Commander of the 2nd Div of the DA || 1stLt MrMan, XO of Co. I 8th Alabama~

jadams196
05-20-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm just glad to be a part of this community.

A. P. Hill
05-24-2016, 10:23 PM
A. P. Hill's Light Division on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aphillslightdivision#)

(sorry guys I've been a little lax and distracted. ;) )

General Levy
05-27-2016, 05:29 AM
First off I told hill politely at least 3 times and he never asked me once if i was joining his division he just put me on the list.

Challis89
05-27-2016, 10:51 AM
First off I told hill politely at least 3 times and he never asked me once if i was joining his division he just put me on the list.

Every regiment that was in the light division has Ben on the list months before you joined the forums. Also it states which was officially joined and which hasn't and yours wasn't listed joining only that historicaly your regiment formed part of the light division.

A. P. Hill
05-27-2016, 11:28 PM
A. P. Hill's Light Division in the Group area of these forums. (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=34)

Drop in join and say hello.

michaelsmithern
05-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Hmm, can't wait to see the whole division formed up Hill

Signed Michaelsmithern, 1st Minnesota Battalion Organizer

jadams196
06-03-2016, 12:54 AM
I'm looking to join a Virginia unit within the Light Division. Any recruiters?

Rithal
06-05-2016, 08:19 PM
This is just an announcement of my intention to play as Brigadier General James Jay Archer under A.P. Hill in the Light Division. If you have formed or are in a unit that was historically in Archer's Brigade (5th Alabama Battalion, 19th Georgia, 1st Tennessee (Provisional Army), 7th Tennessee, 14th Tennessee) feel free to add me on Steam or private message me and we can discuss the future of the light division and the brigade we will be building together. :)

A. P. Hill
06-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the Light Division General!
I certainly look forward to working with you.

Locke1740
06-05-2016, 10:29 PM
This is just an announcement of my intention to play as Brigadier General James Jay Archer under A.P. Hill in the Light Division. If you have formed or are in a unit that was historically in Archer's Brigade (5th Alabama Battalion, 19th Georgia, 1st Tennessee (Provisional Army), 7th Tennessee, 14th Tennessee) feel free to add me on Steam or private message me and we can discuss the future of the light division and the brigade we will be building together. :)

"Good morning Archer! How are you? I am glad to see you!"

W1Z25
06-06-2016, 06:18 AM
wow thats alot of men.. *runs back up north*

jadams196
06-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Hurrah for Dixie!

A. P. Hill
06-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Hey Guys, still have lots of openings. I would be glad for some NC and GA companies.

C'mon over!

yoyo8346
06-08-2016, 12:53 AM
Hello all. I am yoyo8346, and I intend to play as General Charlie Field, commander of Field's Brigade in General Hill's Light Division. If you are interested in forming a company(ies) in Field's Brigade (40th Virginia, 47th Virginia, 55th Virginia, 22nd Virginia) and want to be part of the Light Division, feel free to contact me here or on Steam: yoyo8346.

Locke1740
06-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Hello all. I am yoyo8346, and I intend to play as General Charlie Field, commander of Field's Brigade in General Hill's Light Division. If you are interested in forming a company(ies) in Field's Brigade (40th Virginia, 47th Virginia, 55th Virginia, 22nd Virginia) and want to be part of the Light Division, feel free to contact me here or on Steam: yoyo8346.

Welcome General Field!

A. P. Hill
06-08-2016, 01:42 AM

Greetings General!

A. P. Hill
06-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Updated June 12 2016
Welcome to the 55th VA.
Welcome to the 14th TN.

Grant97
06-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Good luck to the Divsion! See you on the battlefield :)

DomDowg
07-12-2016, 06:53 PM
General Hill the 2nd Maryland still have not been attached please sir I request to fight by your side One Marylander to the Other.

A. P. Hill
07-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Okay Gentlemen, I need to know how many of the units highlighted in the orange color text on the first page of this post actually have the Alpha running. Please. :)

Henronicus
07-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Does your division have to only have companies that were historically in it? If not, I might be able to convince our captain to join it under your command, General Hill, sir!

yoyo8346
07-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Does your division have to only have companies that were historically in it? If not, I might be able to convince our captain to join it under your command, General Hill, sir!

Hello Henronicus,

I met your Captain, Lewis Armistead, last night. We spoke about your company potentially joining Field's Brigade (AKA the Virginia Brigade) in Hill's Division. I'm am in talks in General Hill on the subject right now. I will contact Captain Armistead with further information.

-Mitchell-
08-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Okay Gentlemen, I need to know how many of the units highlighted in the orange color text on the first page of this post actually have the Alpha running. Please. :)

Presently, the 1stNCSS have six members with the current alpha build.

A. P. Hill
08-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Presently, the 1stNCSS have six members with the current alpha build.

Great! Thanks for the report.

PGT Beauregard
08-21-2016, 02:56 AM
President Private reporting for duty General, when will we start training?

A. P. Hill
08-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Greetings Mr. Beauregard, Mr. President Sir. LOL.

Your support is welcome and appreciated.

Lance Rawlings
09-15-2016, 08:37 PM
My bid is with y'all and so is my support!

Awaiting your orders. :)

yoyo8346
09-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the Light Division Captain Rawlings! I will contact you again later with more detail.

Lance Rawlings
09-15-2016, 09:48 PM
Thank you, General Field!

A. P. Hill
09-15-2016, 10:48 PM
Great! Welcome to the Light Division.

Kyle422
09-16-2016, 12:17 AM
This is awesome that this division is slowly forming. I can not wait to see it in the field!! *tips hat in General A. P. Hills direction*

Lance Rawlings
09-16-2016, 12:53 AM
Great! Welcome to the Light Division.

Thank you sir! Happy to be here.

Lance Rawlings
09-19-2016, 01:11 AM
Good evening, General!

I have created a thread and group for the 38th North Carolina, Company K. At your service! Here's the links:

Group: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=127

Thread: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2858-38th-North-Carolina-Company-K-quot-The-Carolina-Boys-quot

Can't wait for this to get rolling! Thank you for the honor of being in your division. Have you made any division rules that all units in your division may advertise to potential recruits?

DomDowg
10-01-2016, 05:36 PM
A.P. Hill the 2nd MD will still be fighting with you and your division as we still are Confederate.

A. P. Hill
10-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Just some information for you folks in my association.

A.P. Hill's Official Starter Company, Join the 13th VA. (https://www.warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=389#companyToolHeader)

A. P. Hill
10-06-2016, 03:05 AM
Updated with some new links. See first page.

Theodore
10-10-2016, 03:06 AM
I am here to announce my intention to assume the role of Brigadier General William Dorsey Pender. If your unit (company, regiment) happens to have been under his command historically, you are encouraged to contact me. You can do so via the W&R forums themselves or Steam. My profile is as follows: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Roosedore/

Thank you, gentlemen, and I hope to see you on the field.

Theodore / Pender

yoyo8346
10-10-2016, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the division, General Pender. My Virginians look forward to fighting along side your North Carolinians. :)

Lance Rawlings
10-10-2016, 08:25 PM
I am here to announce my intention to assume the role of Brigadier General William Dorsey Pender. If your unit (company, regiment) happens to have been under his command historically, you are encouraged to contact me. You can do so via the W&R forums themselves or Steam. My profile is as follows: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Roosedore/

Thank you, gentlemen, and I hope to see you on the field.

Theodore / Pender

Welcome, General! A Pleasure to fight under you!

Rawlings

Leifr
10-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Welcome General.

-Mitchell-
10-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Welcome General, the Tar Heels are ready!

A. P. Hill
10-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Welcome General Pender!

Long live the Light Division.

Paavi
10-11-2016, 06:59 PM
General Pender,

You can count on that 38th NC company F will follow you even to the gates of hell.

Hatchmo
10-12-2016, 02:56 AM
General Sir, the 1st Regiment South Carolina Infantry (1st Provisional Army) Company C are at your disposal and ready to deploy!

Lance Rawlings
10-12-2016, 01:43 PM
General Sir, the 1st Regiment South Carolina Infantry (1st Provisional Army) Company C are at your disposal and ready to deploy!

Welcome to the Light Division!

Hatchmo
10-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Greetings Gentlemen!

I would like to introduce myself as Brigadier General Maxcy Gregg, commanding general of Maj. General Hill's Second Brigade . I am proud to lead the South Carolina boys in to battle!

A. P. Hill
10-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the SC boys! We're happy to have ya'll with us.

Congrts! To Gen'l Gregg!

Hatchmo
10-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Thank you General! It is a pleasure to serve under you!

Lance Rawlings
10-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Greetings Gentlemen!

I would like to introduce myself as Brigadier General Maxcy Gregg, commanding general of Maj. General Hill's Second Brigade . I am proud to lead the South Carolina boys in to battle!

Welcome General! Carolina boys always see it through to the bitter end! Best of luck to your command!

yoyo8346
10-13-2016, 12:29 AM
Greetings Gentlemen!

Godspeed, Maxcy.

Locke1740
10-13-2016, 03:28 AM
Captain and commanding Co. C. 1st SC Infantry reporting for duty!

Hatchmo
10-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Godspeed, Maxcy.

Thanks, Charles! Deo Vindice!

Morten N.Høines
10-15-2016, 08:23 PM
General hill, the 1st Sc.inf co.a Gregg's Guards are at your service.

Hatchmo
10-15-2016, 11:04 PM
General hill, the 1st Sc.inf co.a Gregg's Guards are at your service.

Welcome Gentlemen! Deo Vindice!

James_McKen
10-15-2016, 11:09 PM
Sir, B Company, 40th Virginia Infantry has begun to muster!

adeninesmt
10-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Welcome Gentlemen! Deo Vindice!

Thank you Sir, we are glad to be with you! We will serve the Brigade and the Division well! Deo Vindice!

michaelsmithern
10-17-2016, 10:30 PM
will you be listing who is the brigadier generals of each brigade or no? also good job the division looks like its growing every day

Hatchmo
10-17-2016, 10:41 PM
will you be listing who is the brigadier generals of each brigade or no? also good job the division looks like its growing every day

It's already listed in his main post. The general's names link to their profile.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2016, 12:17 AM

Thank You Sir,for the attention and compliment.

It's already listed in his main post. The general's names link to their profile.

And General Gregg is correct, there are many links in the division front page. I recommend you revisit it frequently for updates.

Again, thank you Sir.

William F. Randolph
10-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Is there a total number of members of all of the companies within the division posted somewhere?

yoyo8346
10-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Is there a total number of members of all of the companies within the division posted somewhere?

No. It is very hard, if not impossible, to provide an accurate number of individual players in the division at this time. I can, however, confirm that our company count is currently sitting at 18 companies scattered over 5 brigades, with a couple reporting directly to division command.

Hatchmo
10-20-2016, 05:42 PM
It is too subject to change.

William F. Randolph
10-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Alrighty, I can understand the hesitation, a general figure would be nice to see however so we can have a decent idea of how big the division really is.

A. P. Hill
10-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Like, the Brigadier Generals, all companies that have responded positively, are also linked to the company created roster and recruitment threads. Commanders of their respective units should be keeping a running member count in their threads. (Or it would be nice if they would.) ;)

yoyo8346
10-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Well, though it is completely inaccurate, just assume 10 players for each company since without 10 players, they won't even be able to form. So if we (stupidly) assume that none of our companies grows larger than 10, then that brings us to 180 in the light division. Although I must reiterate, that it is much too early to get an accurate count because the company tool is still relatively new, some of our companies haven't even formed on it yet, and some companies aren't on our thread yet.

Hatchmo
10-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Alrighty, I can understand the hesitation, a general figure would be nice to see however so we can have a decent idea of how big the division really is.

I've spoken with you before. If you're interested in joining us, feel free to contact me on steam.

William F. Randolph
10-20-2016, 06:31 PM
I've spoken with you before. If you're interested in joining us, feel free to contact me on steam.

This is more of a gauge for the community than an interview per se, but I am content where we are nonetheless.

yoyo8346
10-20-2016, 06:57 PM
This is more of a gauge for the community

Speaking of community, it's clear to see that the Union army outnumbers the confederate army (which is cool because it's historically accurate) by nearly 400 players; thanks to those blasted unionist groups like the Bucktail boys, the German volunteers, and Richardson's Division. If the confederates want to compete, we are going to need to conglomerate! :D

Rally round Hill! Fight in the Light Division!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fe/a6/d4/fea6d47a75da21d6136b173480e0e73c.jpg

William F. Randolph
10-21-2016, 03:14 AM
Well I've got nothing against A.P. other than experience with other generals types in other communities. He could be the "God" of all generals I've previously encountered, but I would caution everyone participating to be able to back out at any time. I'd like to reiterate that I have nothing against Hill, or the organization, I just want to share my experiences with jumping in too fast, and leaving yourself no options!

If this indeed works out (and I hope it does), I wish the best of luck to all involved, and congratulate Mr. Hill on accomplishing this feat.

yoyo8346
10-21-2016, 03:29 AM
I would caution everyone participating to be able to back out at any time. I'd like to reiterate that I have nothing against Hill, or the organization, I just want to share my experiences with jumping in too fast, and leaving yourself no options!

I get where you are coming from. A lot of the other Mount & Blade people have had bad experiences with large groups, and I would like to address your concern and say, on the record, that people and companies are free to come and go as they please. We don't "own" the companies in our division. All we really do is help them work together in matches. Thank you for the well wishes though. :)

Locke1740
10-21-2016, 04:10 AM
General Hill, I am pleased to report that out of 16 total I have contacted and confirmed that we have at least 12 for duty In the 1st Palmetto Regiment, Co. C, sir. I am also pleased to report that we now have an official battalion with our sister company, Co. A. Also I thought that the 2nd Maryland was attached to us, if I'm not mistaken, sir. If you need anything, we are here for you, sir.
Major Leitner
1st Battalion, 1st Palmetto Regiment

A. P. Hill
10-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Thank you Major for your report.

I want to emphasize that everyone make sure that their company tool, as well as their company forum threads remain updated.

Now, with regards the 2nd MD. According to my published Order of Battle for both antagonists, there were only 3 officially recognized Maryland units in the Army of Northern Virginia, and those were artillery.
The 2nd MD actually existed in the Army of the Potomac. The 2nd MD is a part of the first brigade of the second division of Burnside's IX Corps.

And as has been noted on the company sub forums, the 2nd MD has turned blue.

Keep up the good work Gentlemen.

DomDowg
10-22-2016, 03:42 AM
Thank you Major for your report.

I want to emphasize that everyone make sure that their company tool, as well as their company forum threads remain updated.

Now, with regards the 2nd MD. According to my published Order of Battle for both antagonists, there were only 3 officially recognized Maryland units in the Army of Northern Virginia, and those were artillery.
The 2nd MD actually existed in the Army of the Potomac. The 2nd MD is a part of the first brigade of the second division of Burnside's IX Corps.

And as has been noted on the company sub forums, the 2nd MD has turned blue.

Keep up the good work Gentlemen.

We only have a Union thread becuase the company tool allows no confederate Marylanders. And until Campfire Games adds Confederate Marylanders then we have no choice but to make a Union company to contact our members not already apart of our NaS community. General Hill if right now CG would allow Confederate Marylanders and stay true to Historical Accuracy then we have no choice. We still wish to fight with you but until CG will allows us to be our company we need to atleast have something for these stated reasons above. That is why most of my men me included are still running with the Confederate Historical Names.

- Respectfully Captain Frank W. Wood

A. P. Hill
10-22-2016, 04:08 PM
We only have a Union thread becuase the company tool allows no confederate Marylanders. ...

Greetings Sir,
I fully understand that, and CFG is correct in not allowing Maryland Infantry units as none existed in the Army of Northern Virginia at the time of Antietam. Now I'm not saying that Marylanders were not a part of the ANVA, for certainly there were many as individuals in many a Virginia unit, but certainly nothing equal to a fully formed regiment.

... And until Campfire Games adds Confederate Marylanders then we have no choice but to make a Union company to contact our members not already apart of our NaS community. General Hill if right now CG would allow Confederate Marylanders and stay true to Historical Accuracy then we have no choice. We still wish to fight with you but until CG will allows us to be our company we need to atleast have something for these stated reasons above. That is why most of my men me included are still running with the Confederate Historical Names.
- Respectfully Captain Frank W. Wood

I don't see CFG making that change, as it would seriously deviate from the historical accuracy efforts they're trying to achieve, so I doubt you'll see any Maryland infantry, until such time that they expand this series into other battles that may have included such units.

I realize that equipment is not available yet, however, have you considered changing your arm of service? As noted earlier, there are 3 Maryland Artillery Batteries that accompanied the ANVA to Maryland. Only 1 of the 3 actually made it to Sharpsburg, the other 2 were left behind after the siege of Harpers Ferry.

If you're interested, the 3 units were:
1st MD Battery A.K.A. Dement's Battery, Capt. W.F. Dement. Part of Ewell's Division Artillery
4th Chesapeake Artillery, Capt. W.D. Brown. Part of Ewell's Division Artillery
2nd Baltimore Light Artillery, Capt. J.B. Brockenbrough. Part of Jackson's (Jones') Division Artillery

The 1st MD and the 4th Chesapeake remained in Harpers Ferry, the 2nd Baltimore made it to the field and defended in Jackson's section of the line.

Captain, I do appreciate your want to join with my division and to fight along side of my men, however, as was stated above, until such time that CFG will allow for fictitious units through the company tool, I am afraid we won't have the opportunity of sharing a field. I also appreciate your loyalty to your home state of Maryland.

Respectfully,
Powell

DomDowg
10-23-2016, 04:40 AM
Is there anyway shape or form I will still be allowed to join just go a different unit in game. Me and my men have/were apart of the Light Division for almost a year. Yes we had to make a union company because not even the confederate artillery batteries for Maryland have been added. I mean the 2nd MD infantry or 1stMDBT was around just left to protect Richmond. I wish to still be apart of the Light Division the company tool we have is just for our group. To us it is a side show so no one takes our company. Our Steam Group (Main Group) is the main group/ communication and it is the same that joined you. Neutral for Confed/Union players.

William F. Randolph
10-24-2016, 03:12 AM
Sounds like its either or. Bite a bullet of your choice.

William F. Randolph
10-28-2016, 02:51 PM
I did the math, out of the formed companies on the company I could find that are in your division, I added up 117 men. I'm probably missing a company or two, but I think I got everyone.

James Dixon
10-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Hey 12th South Carolina Co.F reporting for duty General!!

A. P. Hill
10-30-2016, 03:01 AM
Great! Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the field one day.

A. P. Hill
11-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Attention Gentlemen,

If you are a company commander of any of the following AND you have not yet registered your company in the Company Tool, I strongly urge you to do so.

18th North Carolina Co. A, Co. B
1st South Carolina (Provisional Army) Co. A Co. C
1st South Carolina Rifles Co. K, Co. L
12th South Carolina Co. F
40th Virginia Co. B, Co. C
47th Virginia Co. E, Co. I
5th Alabama Battalion Co. B
14th Tennessee Co. A
22nd North Carolina Co. B
34th North Carolina Co. D
38th North Carolina Co. F, Co. K
Crenshaw's Virginia Battery
1st NC Sharpshooters Co. A

If you have already done so, allow me to thank you for your stalwart actions.

For those of you perusing this post, and you belong to any of the regiments or batteries listed on the first page of this thread, (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?754-A-P-Hill-s-Light-Division&p=12849&viewfull=1#post12849) and you have not created a forum post with your intent to recruit, BUT, you have a created a company in the Company Tool, I ask that you please express your thread as well.

Thanks for your cooperation and your loyalty for wanting to see the Light Division succeed.

Respectfully,
Powell

[WoR] Kiff
11-11-2016, 04:16 AM
Looks good A_P_Hill! Keep up the good work. The end result will be worthwhile so long as you put in the effort now :D

A. P. Hill
11-11-2016, 04:19 AM
Kiff;50730']Looks good A_P_Hill! Keep up the good work. The end result will be worthwhile so long as you put in the effort now :D

Thank you, my friend. Best wishes to you.

Lance Rawlings
11-12-2016, 04:19 AM
Attention Gentlemen,

If you are a company commander of any of the following AND you have not yet registered your company in the Company Tool, I strongly urge you to do so.

18th North Carolina Co. A, Co. B
1st South Carolina (Provisional Army) Co. A Co. C
1st South Carolina Rifles Co. K, Co. L
12th South Carolina Co. F
40th Virginia Co. B, Co. C
47th Virginia Co. E, Co. I
5th Alabama Battalion Co. B
14th Tennessee Co. A
22nd North Carolina Co. B
34th North Carolina Co. D
38th North Carolina Co. F, Co. K
Crenshaw's Virginia Battery
1st NC Sharpshooters Co. A

If you have already done so, allow me to thank you for your stalwart actions.

For those of you perusing this post, and you belong to any of the regiments or batteries listed on the first page of this thread, (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?754-A-P-Hill-s-Light-Division&p=12849&viewfull=1#post12849) and you have not created a forum post with your intent to recruit, BUT, you have a created a company in the Company Tool, I ask that you please express your thread as well.

Thanks for your cooperation and your loyalty for wanting to see the Light Division succeed.

Respectfully,
Powell

Greetings Sir,

The 38th North Carolina Company K is formed in the Company Tool. 16 strong. I mean not speak for our compatriots of Company F, but I do know they are in the Company Tool as well.

Regards,
Capt. Lance Rawlings
38th NC Co. K

-Mitchell-
11-12-2016, 01:59 PM
Company A, 1st North Carolina Battalion Sharpshooters are formed and ready, Sir.

William F. Randolph
11-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Happy birthday old man.

A. P. Hill
11-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Happy birthday old man.

Thank You Sir.

Hatchmo
11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Happy Birthday, General Sir! Deo Vindice!

yoyo8346
11-15-2016, 05:43 PM
Joyous day of birth!

A. P. Hill
11-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Thank You Gentlemen, but it's just another day in my book! ;)

James Dixon
11-15-2016, 06:52 PM
I cant even imagine a battle with this many companies! :)

Macliness
11-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Raise a glass gents! in hopes that this wont be another UA/DA Shamble. Best of luck hill! Faugh a Ballagh

William F. Randolph
11-16-2016, 12:52 AM
Raise a glass gents! in hopes that this wont be another UA/DA Shamble. Best of luck hill! Faugh a Ballagh

One can only hope..... Jannick part 2 ;)

Ted
11-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Everyone is free to hope :D But I believe that Hill is going to do a great job, so this is going to be good anyways. Good luck with continuing your outstanding effort :)