PDA

View Full Version : 1st New Jersey Volunteer Artillery Battery "B" Clark's Battery

willywhippersnap
11-11-2015, 03:03 AM
Welcome Fellow Yankees to 1st New Jersey Light Artillery Battery "B" Clark's Battery
History
This Battery was recruited at Newark, N.J., most of the men and officers being from that vicinity, and all from Northern New Jersey. The Captain, Second Lieutenants and thirty of the enlisted men had seen service in Company F, First New Jersey Infantry, during three months’ service. A better lot of men physically and mentally never served the United States. Most of them were boys from 16 to 21 years of age; nearly all working men from shop, factory and farm; two … were veterans of the Mexican war; two … had seen service in the English army; two … had served in the German army; and (one)… in the French army. Nearly every occupation had a representative, ranging from goldsmith to farmer, in our ranks. Seventy percent were native born, but the naturalized soldiers in our ranks were equally devoted to their adopted country as its own sons.

The Battery was mustered into the United States service at Trenton, N.J., Sept. 3, 1861, for three years service, by Lieutenant Charles Brightly, Fourth United States Infantry, under General Order No. 16, War Department, May 4, 1861. Immediately after muster the state furnished each man two suits of underwear, stockings, uniform, great-coat, knapsack, haversack, canteen, knife and fork, tin cup and plate, woolen and rubber blankets, all of which were far superior to what was afterwards supplied to us by the United States Quartermasters. The Battery rendezvoused at Camp Olden, Trenton. In camp with us there were the First Cavalry, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth New Jersey Infantry, all of whom preceded us to the front, and the organization of the Ninth was going on when we were ordered to the front on October 22, 1861.
Goals and Plans
As the leader of this battery I plan to make a realistic immersive experience while still having fun. As a trained and skilled artillery man from the N&S mod from warband I know the importance of a strong artillery battery to keep the enemies at bay. By training to deal with all situations with supreme expertise I can, with your help of course make a effifcent, well oiled battery machine. If you join me and fill our ranks I can promise you that we will triumph together in our cannonball shooting occupation. Rally Round! To the colors!

Ranks
Captain
First Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Sergeant Major
Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ordnance Sergeant
Company Quartermaster Sergeant
Sergeant
Corporal
Pioneer
Private

Any questions you can contact me on steam willywhippersnap (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067544326/)

Currently a detachment of the 1st New Jersey Brigade

CjkCJkCjk
11-11-2015, 03:04 AM
Good luck to you and may your cannons never be faded by the sounds of war

zerosius
11-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Good Luck to you!

Richard_Sharpe
09-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Good luck, from the 71st New York infantry.:)

Grant97
09-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Hello! Good luck! :D