PDA

View Full Version : Question about respawning

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Now obviously there has been an update addressing this but it has raised one question for me. How will sharpshooters respawn considering they didn't carry colours into battle like the infantry regiments?

Leifr
11-11-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm generally hoping that folk will steer away from trying to play as sharpshooters.
It's apparent that the colour bearer will function in a mightily important role for his company and wider regiment, and therefore also for the wider battle. We also know that small bonuses will be in place for those whom work as a tight group, incentivising team work over the lone players. As far as I'm aware, so called 'sharpshooters' were few and far between during the American Civil War. And, whilst there were several regiments and individuals famed for their accuracy with firearms, their influence within the sphere of battle was negligible in lieu of the traditional regiments. Skirmishing, picket duty and reconnaissance are things that I don't think will fit particularly well within the early phases of the game - at least, not until we have some cavalry. ;)

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 12:45 PM
I like the points you make sir, but I don't answer the question sadly :(.

Leifr
11-11-2015, 12:54 PM
You've already answered your own question pal.
How will sharpshooters respawn considering that they did not carry colours? The update of 2nd November (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights/posts/1401233) detailing the spawn system makes it rather clear that spawning will occur as a group away from the battle or upon the colour bearer with the PRT system. Should be quite obvious...

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Yes that is the WAVE spawn. Considering the lack of the colour bearer will sharpshooter Coys loose out on that kind of respawn.

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Looks like a delima for all you folks who thought that sharpshooter regiments and companies were going to operate like today's modern infantry. ;)

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Looks like a delima for all you folks who thought that sharpshooter regiments and companies were going to operate like today's modern infantry. ;)

Aye it is. Thank god I don't think like that.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Aye it is. Thank god I don't think like that.

Im gonna be that guy who aims for the officers as a sharpshooter just to cause some caos :)

Bravescot
11-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Im gonna be that guy who aims for the officers as a sharpshooter just to cause some caos :)

Go look at the second post on the 42nd Pennsylvanian thread and witness the evil we have planned!

A. P. Hill
11-11-2015, 06:12 PM

Is that different than chaos?

O'Donovan
11-14-2015, 09:59 PM

Is that different than chaos?

It's actually much faster than chaos. It's so fast, you have to leave out the H so you can write it faster.

-Irish

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 10:16 PM
It's actually much faster than chaos. It's so fast, you have to leave out the H so you can write it faster.

-Irish

Roger! Got it.

I understand now. :p

William
11-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Yes that is the WAVE spawn. Considering the lack of the colour bearer will sharpshooter Coys loose out on that kind of respawn.

may they have some spawn terretory where they can click on a nd spawn there on the map where they clickt or so xD i donīt really know

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 03:43 PM
may they have some spawn terretory where they can click on a nd spawn there on the map where they clickt or so xD i donīt really know

The spawn system has been explained, somewhat, in an Kickstater update ... (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights/posts/1401233)

(this is a link to their comments.)