PDA

View Full Version : 19th Tennessee Infantry Company A

PunIsheR
11-13-2015, 02:48 PM

The 19th Tennessee Infantry Regiment, or Nineteenth Tennessee Volunteer Infantry Regiment, was an infantry regiment in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War. The 19th Tennessee fought in every major battle and campaign of the Army of Tennessee except the Battle of Perryville. 1st Lt. Robert D. Powell of Company K, killed at the Battle of Barbourville, Kentucky, is believed to be the first soldier killed in the Civil War outside of Virginia.

The 19th Tennessee was formed from companies of men from the counties of East Tennessee and was mustered into the Confederate army at Knoxville, Tennessee, in the spring of 1861. Beginning the war with a force of over 1,000 men, only 78 soldiers were present when the 19th surrendered.[1] Fifty-eight of the remaining 78 soldiers were from the initial muster at the beginning of the war. The remaining 20 soldiers had joined the regiment later.

The regiment was encamped at Greensboro, North Carolina, when the Army of Tennessee surrendered on April 26, 1865. The 19th Tennessee's regimental flag was not surrendered to the Union army, and its final disposition and whereabouts are unknown.

Click image for larger version.

Name: 800px-Tennessee_1861_proposed.svg.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 10.7 KB
ID: 1519

Engagements

Cumberland Gap (Garrison Duty)
* Barbourville
* Mill Springs
*Shiloh
* Vicksburg
* Baton Rouge
* Mufreesboro
* Chickamauga
* Chattanooga
* Missionary Ridge
* Atlanta
* Franklin
* Nashville
* Bentonville

German speaking Regiment.

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the CSA!

Gandalf_the_Grey
02-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Hello, I'm from Tennessee myself and would like to join if you allow Americans in your group! :o

Mississippi
02-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Yeehaw Tennessee!

Hartl
02-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Hello i would like to join in to the 19th Tennesse company A ! i come from Austria!!