PDA

View Full Version : In game Voice-chat

Celt
11-13-2015, 09:37 PM
In Project Reality (now a stand alone game) and the forthcoming Squad (coming out on Steam early access this December) there's in an game voice system which allows Squad leader and his squad of 8 or 9 men to hear each other speak always. Then also the squad leaders have means by which they can "call" each other on separate channels (PR) or currently in Squad one channel where all the Squad leaders can hear each other.

I believe in PR this is based on Mumble which has been interwoved into the game.

Could the same be done in WoR? Some people seem be under the impression TeamSpeak will needed even with the VOIP system the devs are planning.

Can the devs say whether it'll be a "dual" system or a "singular" system like in PR and Squad that'll be in use in the game?

Sorta
11-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Let's not forget the best part of PR's in game voice chat: the stereo sound system! In local chat, you hear someone in the direction they're speaking, and you can only hear people within a certain distance. I've mentioned this before, but a system like this seems like it would be perfect for WoR :cool:

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-14-2015, 09:20 AM
So the Captain needs his segeants who repeat the order for the hole company. Wow. That would be great.

BloodBeag
11-14-2015, 10:10 AM
I think that the plan was that there would only be local chat so everyone can hear everyone. That way there is still the need for sergeants and NCOs to shout the orders out to get them down larger lines of men. It will probably be all 3-D realistic sound as well seeing as it is cryengine and whatever

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 12:33 PM
So the Captain needs his segeants who repeat the order for the hole company. Wow. That would be great.

Talk about realism eh? :)

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Talk about realism eh? :)

Ohh jeah.

I thought about a TS3 plugin for ArmA 3. The officer gave the order and some have to repeat the order for the last guys. ( when you dont use the walkie talkie.) I think that is great!

Octavian360
11-14-2015, 03:25 PM
In-game voice chat would be great, especially if its something along the lines of ACRE.

Rithal
11-14-2015, 07:03 PM
I believe the developers are going to try to get 3D voice chat in the game. :)