PDA

View Full Version : France Crisis

Etherton
11-13-2015, 11:29 PM
Thought id post this due to the severity of the situation developing in Paris and hope some positive feedback and condolences. Wanted to gather peoples views about this huge terrorist attack. R.I.P to the current 40+ deathtoll.

What are peoples thoughts?

A. P. Hill
11-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Condolences to our European Friends.

Potus
11-13-2015, 11:52 PM
strength to the people of Paris. I cannot imagine the ordeal they have to go through right now.

regarding my views on this. Will keep it brief otherwise i will end up writing an essay about it.... But well it was just a matter of time honestly, if not in Paris then for certain somewhere else. And i hope i am completely wrong but i fear it will not be the last one

Rithal
11-14-2015, 01:07 AM
Our hearts are going out to those affected by this stupid and unnecessary loss of human life.

Billy-Yank
11-14-2015, 01:29 AM
Police have stormed the concert hall, killed three gunmen. The hostages were slaughtered, death toll now around 140 at this point. 3-5 attackers are dead

TrustyJam
11-14-2015, 01:31 AM
It is horrible indeed. It really turned a great evening for the entire team into a rather sad and frustrating one.

- Trusty

Stingray
11-14-2015, 01:51 AM
Horrible tragedy my thoughts and prayers are with Paris

MrAmerican
11-14-2015, 02:09 AM
it angers me more than makes me sad. mind my language, but fuck terrorists. Only if they'd have a terrorist convention and we can just touch down a well placed tomahawk missle.

LTC Philip A. Work
11-14-2015, 02:12 AM
To say I'm angry would be an understatement

Wubby
11-14-2015, 02:48 AM
I'm glad to see everyone is binding together over this tragedy, including here on the forums. Beautiful thread, Etherton, and please keep your prayers out to all of the families that have been hurt.

Jamez
11-14-2015, 03:10 AM
I have a friend who lives in paris (he is okay) so I was up all night watching the news, it's terrifying what people can do to others given the chance.

MawLr
11-14-2015, 04:30 AM
I'm afraid this marks the beginning of the end of European Civilization unless all differences are put aside, apparently several Extremist Jihadist groups have already planned attacks on London, Rome, Washington and Spain, it's the Dark Ages all over again. :(

PGT Beauregard
11-14-2015, 05:05 AM
To say I'm enraged is putting it mildly. I have fought these coward bastards up close and personal, or at least their predecessors. There is only one way to deal with them.

CivilLetsPlays
11-14-2015, 05:10 AM
With the recent events in Paris tonight I just want to say to all the French and Parisian members of this community stay safe tonight. My prayers and thoughts are going to everyone affected by these attacks (especially my sister who is in Paris) and to France. May France find peace and may those who were responsible pay for what they've done... VIVE LA FRANCE!

PurplePanda
11-14-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm kind of worried with how French right-wing politicians will use this attack as an excuse for people to trade in their freedom for more security out of fear. Soyez attentives mes amies :)

Todesengel
11-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Ofc they will use that. In europe, right partys are gaining power, because the terrorists have to blow up innocent people. I don't know, do the terrorists want a Hitler 2.0? Do they have any advantages if Hitler 2.0 is KOS every arabian person?
In my view, terrorists are the same idiots as nazis and neonazis.

Cynfar
11-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Something like this may not happen, but we can be sure it will happen several more times.
However we should never put these terrorists into the same shelf as people who solely have the same religion or come from the same country, as already stated above, eventhough we all are enraged about what happened.
My thoughts are now in Paris, especially with the victims.

Szotu
11-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Ban guns, Split at christians, revoke death penalty and import muslims = Now u are tolerat! Vive la France!

zimmer1lb
11-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Thank you for posting this. I hadn't been to YouTube yet to see any news today. My condolences go out to the French people, not the French government. IMHO, the actions of foreign governments in the Middle East has ultimately lead up to this action by displacing all these people. And the jihadists(?) promised they would infiltrate.....apparently they have. Hoping against hope, it won't happen again.

zimm out

Estus
11-14-2015, 03:23 PM
I feel bad for the french people, those 128 dead ones don't deserve that.

Comradeluxemburg
11-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Ban guns, Split at christians, revoke death penalty and import muslims = Now u are tolerat! Vive la France!
Stop using a tragedy to push your beliefs. You are just using peoples already crushed emotions to push an agenda.

Ebren
11-14-2015, 04:13 PM
I learnt it this morning, before go to the high school. I'm French and I live at 200 km from Paris. That was creepy.

Strengh to the families of the victims.

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Stop using a tragedy to push your beliefs. You are just using peoples already crushed emotions to push an agenda.

HUZZAH!! Couldn't agree more.

But then the question comes up .. what is Szotu doing here if he's against guns, that's all that's in this endeavor, is guns. Go figure.

Rithal
11-14-2015, 07:36 PM
I think Szotu is saying the opposite. To me it seems like hes saying "We have to ban guns ect. to be considered tolerate of other people". Just what I'm thinking...

Simon445
11-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Stay strong France!

- Slovenija je z vami !

- La Slovénie est avec vous !

- Slovenia is with you !

Szotu
11-14-2015, 09:01 PM
HUZZAH!! Couldn't agree more.

But then the question comes up .. what is Szotu doing here if he's against guns, that's all that's in this endeavor, is guns. Go figure.

Am I against guns? Im telling u that "gun-free" countries are ideal places for massacres like there, in France. Lefists are talking that closing borders for refugees (i mean terrorists) is racist; what we got than? Men with aggresive rellignion, telling them to kill infidels in country with no option to defend his people. Allahu Akhbar

-Mitchell-
11-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Vive la France!

Comradeluxemburg
11-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Am I against guns? Im telling u that "gun-free" countries are ideal places for massacres like there, in France. Lefists are talking that closing borders for refugees (i mean terrorists) is racist; what we got than? Men with aggresive rellignion, telling them to kill infidels in country with no option to defend his people. Allahu Akhbar
Now isn't really the time for arguing, tragic events aren't the time to push beliefs.

Jamez
11-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Just because a country is "gun-free" does not make it an ideal place for events like this happen. And that does not give a valid reason to make the country no longer "gun free"

Sinjide
11-15-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm not actually living in Paris, but seeing something like this happening in my country is totally creepy.
Around 140 death confirmed, and still 350 wounded.

Glad to see all this support from everyone.

Comradeluxemburg
11-15-2015, 02:20 PM
What's bothering me is no coverage of the attacks in Beirut. People keep ignoring it, because the victims are not white westerners so they don't have to care about them.

Estus
11-15-2015, 02:24 PM
We stand with Paris.

Szotu
11-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes it is! It's horrible, that men prefer to making their facebook photo tri-colour, or saying "support from Poland" for example, but do not want to do something! This is not terrorism right now, this is war in Paris. Those men were Riding on streets and blowing up things. I think #PrayForParis will do shit. We must answer. And I'm talking as Polish. In my country, thanks God, there is no muslim problems. We see what is goning on on West, and people here has anti-islam habits.

Jamez
11-15-2015, 04:49 PM
What's bothering me is no coverage of the attacks in Beirut. People keep ignoring it, because the victims are not white westerners so they don't have to care about them.

You just assume because the media is not covering it means that people do not care. An attack on Paris is naturally going to mean more to people in western countries than an attack Beirut, there is no doubt of that. But should you judge people for caring more about people closer to them? Do you judge your friends for caring more about their family than they do about you? I am not saying it is right for society to be this way but you should not down on them because of it.

Comradeluxemburg
11-15-2015, 06:22 PM
You just assume because the media is not covering it means that people do not care. An attack on Paris is naturally going to mean more to people in western countries than an attack Beirut, there is no doubt of that. But should you judge people for caring more about people closer to them? Do you judge your friends for caring more about their family than they do about you? I am not saying it is right for society to be this way but you should not down on them because of it.
But people DON'T care at all, not many people even know that it happened in Beirut! Also are France and America really that close of countries? Not really. Also my problem is that an attack on Paris will mean more to people than an attack on Beirut, because no one can sympathize with a non-westerner.

Jamez
11-15-2015, 06:31 PM
But people DON'T care at all, not many people even know that it happened in Beirut! Also are France and America really that close of countries? Not really. Also my problem is that an attack on Paris will mean more to people than an attack on Beirut, because no one can sympathize with a non-westerner.

But people do care, I have no idea where you are getting this from. An attack on Paris is going to have a larger impact on western countries than an attack in Beirut, it's not right but that's what society is, that doesn't suddenly mean everyone doesn't give a fuck about Beirut. Also, where do you get the idea that France and America are not close? do you know anything about their diplomatic history?

Zortor
11-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Hi guys, I'm from Paris, was home when it happened. Thank you for your messages.
Please, it's not a place to argue about this.

GreyDog58
11-15-2015, 07:51 PM

We stand with Paris

Rithal
11-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Lets make sure to keep all the hate towards the terrorists, and not just Muslims in general. :)

Mi'kmaq
11-16-2015, 10:44 PM

We stand with Paris

Damn right!

Etherton
11-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Its good to see so much support from everywhere!