PDA

View Full Version : Holyjumpinjehossafat

zimmer1lb
11-14-2015, 03:00 PM
LOL :rolleyes:

I was just lookin at the other threads for USA/CSA regiments.

Hypothetically we have, say, 800 community participants. Now we have 800 regiments and companies and that comes out to being.....math math figure count.........1 person per unit......aaaahhhhhhhhhhahaha. 1 shot 1 regiment gone.

:cool: But I didn't say this, plausible deniability. :cool:

zimm out

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 04:32 PM
LOL.

Amazing isn't it. :)

Rithal
11-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Well keep in mind that for lots of companies, only the leader is currently signed up on the forum. Many companies still have ten or more members that are not currently an active part of the community. :)

Cynfar
11-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Well damn... so many companies, but not a single CSA Cavalry one for EU players...

Leifr
11-14-2015, 08:04 PM
I believe it would be a waste of direction on account of the players right now, Cynfar. As of this moment, there's zero indication as to how cavalry will function within the WoR.

CybrSlydr
11-14-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm not exactly sure why there are so many regiments to begin with.

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm not exactly sure why there are so many regiments to begin with.

Because there were in reality. ;)

Jamez
11-14-2015, 09:05 PM
It had to be expected that everyone would want to create their own company, not many people would like to give up that chance while they still have it. Things will die down as the months go on.

That Filthy Black Hat
11-14-2015, 09:13 PM
At least there are quite a few options for us all to pick from. The true might of these units is going to be wondrous when the battlefields are finally open for play. I can just imagine infantry duking it out with each other with artillery fire raining down from the heavens and cavalry racing each other to find that break through....... Whelp, that's enough day dreaming for today. lol

That Filthy Black Hat
11-14-2015, 09:19 PM
It had to be expected that everyone would want to create their own company, not many people would like to give up that chance while they still have it. Things will die down as the months go on.

True indeed Jamez only time can tell. At least things will be somewhat established eventually I am glad the devs broke regiments into companies it allows many more options for people to choose from but also its quite realistic in the forming of units to begin with.

Rithal
11-14-2015, 09:22 PM

Yeah. Its sad, but I fully expect that many companies will die and merge as we move closer to release. By the time the early access rolls around, we may only have 15-20 big companies left.

Theodor Schmidt
11-14-2015, 11:46 PM
Yes this was likely to happen, albeit more than I expected. However afew months after release it will die down due to people not realising the amount of work that has to be put in to keep a unit running, let alone get decent amount of players.

Also this brings me onto a suggestion, In the company tool, when people are searching the list of companies could we have instead of actual number of players in a unit, but number of active players in a unit, so as to give a more accurate account of the size. Also having the ability to have the names of those inactive greyed out will be useful for the Company Commander who is can then contact them and remove them if nessessary.

CybrSlydr
11-15-2015, 03:40 AM
Because there were in reality. ;)

Like...

Are these people setting up clans to play in-game or what?

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 04:03 AM
Like...

Are these people setting up clans to play in-game or what?

Not "clans" but "companies". And from my understanding one the programming gets finished these companies will transfer.