PDA

View Full Version : Map Creation For Skirmishes!

Wubby
11-14-2015, 05:43 PM
I have just browsed over most of the suggestion here under the suggestions, and I didn't quite see too much about map creation or map editing. I think one key element to a multiplayer exclusive game would be... well... map creation. Many players love to create map, and even more players love to play on those player-created maps. The maps would probably only be used under the skirmish game mode just for a bit of extra fun or when it's just a quick game with public players probably :P Just an idea, someone else may have... or probably did already toss this idea out, but I didn't quite see it. I did see CrabbedSun10's post about the size editing idea, but this isn't quite the same as fully editing a map, adding in hills, buildings, fortifications, fences, trees and... all other aspects of CUSTOMIZING a map. Just thought I'd toss the idea to any ones way that is willing to listen! Cheers and keep up the good work! :cool:

Leifr
11-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Well, mapping should be possible, if you are using official CryEngine tools. Problem will be to get access to the WoR mapping props :)
.. but you have to be aware that mapping might be a hard job. The Antietam Map for example is in work since 2 1/2 years (pretty sure 2000+ working hours) and its still not ready. If you are doing a non historical map, you might get something good in 100-200 working hours. It really depends on the mapper :)

Lifted from another thread. Hope it helps with your question, chap.

A. P. Hill
11-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Pretty much nailed it!

Well done Sir!

Wubby
11-14-2015, 05:49 PM

Ah, thank you! Guess I didn't quite notice that thread! Cheers :)

Devmc99
11-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Wubby said GG, but it was BG.

Wubby
11-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Wubby said GG, but it was BG.

Very BG :,(