PDA

View Full Version : Card Error?

CjkCJkCjk
11-14-2015, 10:08 PM
So my KS is not accepting my payment because it's expired though it expires in 2 years...... so there has to be something with KS because someone else had the same problem though there is a chance it's something with the card

TrustyJam
11-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Please contact Kickstarter about that - there's nothing we can do at our side of things. You can also opt to back us at http://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding instead.

- Trusty

321Leviathan
11-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Please contact Kickstarter about that - there's nothing we can do at our side of things. You can also opt to back us at http://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding instead.

- Trusty

Same problem happened to me, kind of. Got a call from my bank and thought this was a suspicious transaction. I forgot that I had backed this so long story short, my debit card is not going to complete the transaction on kickstarter. Will I still be able to crowdfund you guys in a couple weeks?

TrustyJam
11-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Best solution is to try and resolve it like this as stated by Kickstarter:

A project I'm backing just succeeded and my pledge was declined. What do I do?
If your pledge was declined, just log in to Kickstarter and click the “Fix payment” button in the banner at the top of your screen. This will guide you through the process of changing your payment method. We'll also send you an email every 48 hours with a direct link to correct the issue. But don't delay: backers have 7 days to resolve payment issues before they're dropped from the project. We'll also automatically retry your pledge at the end of this timeframe.
Here are things to look into:
1. Check that you've entered valid card or account numbers and the correct expiration date. Make sure the card hasn't expired.
2. Confirm that your billing postal code is correct.
3. Make sure you haven't exceeded the credit limit on your payment method.
If everything checks out, it's possible your bank put a hold on the charge. Please contact your bank to authorize the pledge. Once you've cleared up any issues with your bank or card, you'll still need to follow the "Fix Payment" link to retry your pledge.

- Trusty

Atrax Waldo
11-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Might be your bank putting a hold on your card. I had a similar problem, turned out my bank puts a hold on any payment they deem suspicious, which includes most websites. Since it's a Saturday I couldn't call my bank to lift the restriction so I just decided to back the project again through Paypal.

From what I've seen the failed Kickstarter pledge should just auto cancel after a week.

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Sadly this didn't happen to me. :(

Schwieger
11-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Might be your bank putting a hold on your card. I had a similar problem, turned out my bank puts a hold on any payment they deem suspicious, which includes most websites. Since it's a Saturday I couldn't call my bank to lift the restriction so I just decided to back the project again through Paypal.

From what I've seen the failed Kickstarter pledge should just auto cancel after a week.

This is the same thing that happened to me. So if I'm understanding correctly, I should be good to just let the kickstarter run out and it won't charge me, and instead I can use paypal?

Burhan45
11-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Same here.If ı pledge on paypal on website I 'll be getting my awards right ?If ı cant fix my kickstarter error

Forlorn Hope
11-15-2015, 04:30 PM
What many of you may be experiencing is a switch to the Chip and PIN system. Essentially, new cards have been mailed out to people over the last month, but if you haven't looked because your card was still good, the old card may be declined as the new one has a new expiration date. After that, for any pre-setup cards on any web pages (Amazon, Kickstarter, things like that) will have to be changed as well to reflect the new expiration date on the card.

This was an issue for me for a month or so before I figured it out.

Hethwill_Khan
11-15-2015, 06:20 PM
EMV cards been in business for more than a decade in all banks including my Amex, visa, mastercard and others, providers so I guess it is worldwide standard ( I am EU btw). We are in 2015, been using my cards since 2005 all with EMV (Chip and PIN ). Plus the old card only goes offline 1 to 3 months after the delivery of the new one. This is... unless your bank is a total idiocracy.

Truth is two fold. You either have no cash available or your bank is waiting for authorization to carry through with the transfer, especially if it is your first time pay to KS affiliate.

Angelus
11-16-2015, 10:54 PM
A little call at your bank will fix this problem. You have to authorize the payment. I'm not a first time baker at kickstarter but i had of course problems with my payment. Today got payment confirmation.

Soulfly
11-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Had the same issue, but i donated via PayPal now. Though i wont get any fancy forum ranks i can now be part of the alpha phase...yay