PDA

View Full Version : Modding "war of rights"

Saxon
11-15-2015, 09:53 PM
I have a question that im not sure has been asked yet, will 'War of Rights' be customizable/moddable so we can create our own units or another war e.g War of independence?

walleyealx
11-15-2015, 10:52 PM
I have a question that im not sure has been asked yet, will 'War of Rights' be customizable/moddable so we can create our own units or another war e.g War of independence?

I was thinking the same thing. Would be awesome to have some historically accurate battles in that era. I'm almost just as excited to re-live the battles through the battlefield tour!!

MrAmerican
11-15-2015, 11:15 PM

I believe it has been asked before, but I easily forget after a month or so. But i think lets just focus on the game as of now and maybe workshop or modding can be added well into the future.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-15-2015, 11:18 PM
a steam workshop support would be great to share custom maps etc.

A. P. Hill
11-15-2015, 11:28 PM
I believe the developers said modding will not be possible. Sorry

Sorta
11-15-2015, 11:42 PM
A mod is what got us here in the first place, it would be pretty garbage of the devs to not allow mod support or at least custom map making.

Theodor Schmidt
11-16-2015, 05:24 PM
I dont think they said it will be impossible, just harder than say M&B. However that was quite a while back and we could all be mistaken.

Szotu
11-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Their game is alive coz of mods, so mods should be in WOR ofcourse.

Jonny Powers
11-16-2015, 08:54 PM
I believe they said that modding will be difficult due to the engine. Custom map creation is possible if you have a CryEngine map editor, though you'd need development tools to mod the physical game itself. This was all discussed here in another thread a bit back.

Bravescot
11-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Trying to mod on CryEngine would be a master task! You'd have to really slave at it and by the time it is done you might as well have made a whole new game.

Henronicus
11-17-2015, 12:25 AM
But technically since it CAN be done, they shouldn't deny people the opportunity to make a mod.

TrustyJam
11-17-2015, 02:08 AM
But technically since it CAN be done, they shouldn't deny people the opportunity to make a mod.

It's not about us wanting to deny people anything. It's about time needed to be able to give people the right tools. At the moment our official answer is it's something we'd like to support eventually.

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
11-17-2015, 03:15 AM
And I wish people would stop comparing this endeavor with that other stuff.

From what I've seen of this endeavor its head and shoulders above what ya'll used to know.

And to be frank, it doesn't appear to be a mod of anything as the developers went a completely different route in making this.

Willie Fisterbottom
11-17-2015, 03:21 AM
And I wish people would stop comparing this endeavor with that other stuff.

From what I've seen of this endeavor its head and shoulders above what ya'll used to know.

And to be frank, it doesn't appear to be a mod of anything as the developers went a completely different route in making this.

In my eyes its the North and South mod only 100x better (not that NaS isnt Ffun :))

Rithal
11-17-2015, 09:13 AM
In my eyes its the North and South mod only 100x better (not that NaS isnt Ffun :))

I think its somewhat of an unfair assessment to attempt to tie War of Rights down to North and South. Yes they are both community driven American Civil War first person shooters, but that's basically where the similarities stop. :p

In my eyes, the developers have a completely different vision for this game that will surpass anything a Mount and Blade: Warband mod could ever dream about being. Not to say that North and South isn't still great. It's quite wonderful what it has been able to accomplish, however it is after all still just a mod. :)

Macca
11-17-2015, 10:40 PM
I think its somewhat of an unfair assessment to attempt to tie War of Rights down to North and South. Yes they are both community driven American Civil War first person shooters, but that's basically where the similarities stop. :p

In my eyes, the developers have a completely different vision for this game that will surpass anything a Mount and Blade: Warband mod could ever dream about being. Not to say that North and South isn't still great. It's quite wonderful what it has been able to accomplish, however it is after all still just a mod. :)

An absolutely fantastic and highly enjoyable mod, may I add.

Octavian360
11-18-2015, 01:45 AM

Couldnt agree more with you Rithal - well said!

Sgt.Kar98
11-18-2015, 11:06 PM
That's exactly what I tried to mean at my first thread. If game was modable. As it looks to be turning into a great game,it would spawn at least great mods as well. Imagine having mods for this game about the Crimean War,Franco Prussian War,maybe a Napoleonic Wars Revisited Mod. Damn,a Napoleonic Wars mod with this engine and based on this game would be something really notorious!

A. P. Hill
11-18-2015, 11:21 PM
You do realize that the engine is available to anyone right? For a subscription fee of $10.00 USD a month you can have the engine code and build your own empire!!! :)

Hinkel
11-19-2015, 08:53 AM
That's exactly what I tried to mean at my first thread. If game was modable. As it looks to be turning into a great game,it would spawn at least great mods as well. Imagine having mods for this game about the Crimean War,Franco Prussian War,maybe a Napoleonic Wars Revisited Mod. Damn,a Napoleonic Wars mod with this engine and based on this game would be something really notorious!

We are not able to look that much into the future.
But if War of Rights is a success, we could use it as a brand-name and do other wars in future WoR games :)

The name "War of Rights" can be used for many different wars.. from the roman civil wars up to the Napoleonic Wars.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-19-2015, 09:21 AM
oh hinkel my god and master

pls say this again. it's sounds like the angels are singing. i hope i am not dead.

WE NEED THIS! SUPPORT CAMPFIRE! WE NEED THE WAR OF RIGHTS SERIES.

think about War of Rights: Napolionic Wars, War of Rights: Crusades ect.

forget total war. Long live War of rights!

forget the old gods. there is only one. praise and pray to him. praise campfire!

:D

rapier17
11-19-2015, 10:23 AM
The one I'd like to see is War of Rights: Wars of the Three Kingdoms, 1638-51 set in England, Ireland & Scotland. I doubt I'll ever see a FP 'English Civil War' game though, sadly...

Bravescot
11-19-2015, 11:12 AM
IGN made a short funny video about the realistic reload for this. Imagine the fun they'd have with the reloading speed of the 1638-51!

Jamez
11-19-2015, 11:17 AM
I get triggered enough from the reload speed in NW. For my own sanity I would rather not imagine dealing with that.

rapier17
11-19-2015, 12:17 PM
IGN made a short funny video about the realistic reload for this. Imagine the fun they'd have with the reloading speed of the 1638-51!That is true, and rather a downside - even an experienced musketeer would take 30 seconds to load a matchlock, and although there are shortcuts (priming with the powder box rather than priming/powder flask, tap-loading, 'touching off' with the match by hand on a matchlock rather than putting it into the serpent, etc.) it still takes time, and forcing a quicker reload would be unrealistic. Maybe a reload skill option in that kind of game would be best. It is a shame really as C17th AD is rarely represented.

As another option, early-C18th AD would be funky. War of the Spanish Succession/early-Jacobite rebellions/Great Northern War, etc. - plenty of scope for theme, et cetera, plus it is another era that is rarely touched upon despite its importance in shaping our modern world. The drill postures are superb as it is the point between the 'flamboyance' of C17th AD musketry drill and the more practical drill of mid-C18th AD. Short video showing some of the firing postures (https://youtu.be/21P8TFIcumE), performed by the Queen's Regiment reenactment group at Preston, England.

I get triggered enough from the reload speed in NW. For my own sanity I would rather not imagine dealing with that.I love it, personally. The horrifying tension of reloading whilst the enemy charge with bayonets outstretched - can you load in time? Will your officer be able to judge it right or get you to abandon loading in order to enter melee, or will there be enough time for a killing volley at murderously close ranges? I love the way the head (camera) moves around during the loading process, so you can't always see what is happening directly to your front, making you reliant on your NCO/officer to be your eyes and to make the decisions. Cracking stuff, I can't wait for it.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-19-2015, 12:26 PM
about your last part

I can totally agree with that. you have to concentrate on reloading. so the nco become more important. you have to trust them blind and when you want to alive you have to follow his orders

Bravescot
11-19-2015, 01:56 PM
C17th AD is rarely represented.

As another option, early-C18th AD would be funky. War of the Spanish Succession/early-Jacobite rebellions/Great Northern War, etc. - plenty of scope for theme, et cetera, plus it is another era that is rarely touched upon despite its importance in shaping our modern world. The drill postures are superb as it is the point between the 'flamboyance' of C17th AD musketry drill and the more practical drill of mid-C18th AD. Short video showing some of the firing postures (https://youtu.be/21P8TFIcumE), performed by the Queen's Regiment reenactment group at Preston, England.

Aye it is a damn shame there is not a bit more stuff for the C17th AD. Something like the brutality of the 30 years war would be incredible as you've got plenty of sides to pick from. The pure tension of reloading sadly would be lost slightly due to this obviously being virtual and it is a great pity that that is sometime the case.

Something like early-C18th and maybe up to the French and Indian War would be very interesting. The more modern flint locks combined with, as you put it, the 'flamboyant' drill would be very interesting indeed.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-19-2015, 02:05 PM
To the 30 years war

Thats a very interesting period of time ( not only because I live 5 minutes away from a fortress which was 5 times under siege and only the toilette was destroyed :) )

I played the NW from karantukki and it its a great mod but the mod died by the lag of regiments

BloodBeag
11-20-2015, 03:29 PM
How about biblical kingdoms like the sea peoples and the naked guys with chariots

Patrick Kurtz
11-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Well, with the companies that are already forming that somewhat covers the units, and mods I feel would just be abused and make the game more unrealistic.

A. P. Hill
11-20-2015, 04:16 PM
You do realize that the engine is available to anyone right? For a subscription fee of $10.00 USD a month you can have the engine code and build your own empire!!! :)

Let me clarify this :

Cryengine software is available right now for $10.00 USD a month, get a jump by leasing your own. ;)

Henronicus
11-21-2015, 02:16 AM
oh hinkel my god and master

pls say this again. it's sounds like the angels are singing. i hope i am not dead.

WE NEED THIS! SUPPORT CAMPFIRE! WE NEED THE WAR OF RIGHTS SERIES.

think about War of Rights: Napolionic Wars, War of Rights: Crusades ect.

forget total war. Long live War of rights!

forget the old gods. there is only one. praise and pray to him. praise campfire!

:D

Gloreah halley looya! may the holy hinkel alwaays be with you! This idea is amazing, and it would be cool if it were to succeed, but I personally would like another war with muskets if they do end up making other wars(maybe the 7 years war, with a french and indian war spinoff game, since the tactics would be somewhat different). By the way, your new pic is nice, Hinkel. Also, when in N&S, the chaplain says the line, "may the war of rights be successful and victorious", is that referring to the civil war or this?

Sorta
11-21-2015, 04:51 AM
Let me clarify this :

Cryengine software is available right now for $10.00 USD a month, get a jump by leasing your own. ;)

You were never a part of the Warband, NW, or N&S community. Modding and mapmaking is a huge part of this community, just telling people to "make their own game" just feels like a huge middle finger. I don't know what could make a person not want these things in a game, do you think you'll be forced to play them? The only thing modding and mapmaking could lead to is new, fun, and original content. Devs, I can understand being hesitant to give any info on modding if you're worried about releasing the right tools on time, but don't just rule it out all together or think it a bad thing.

William
11-21-2015, 06:52 AM
We are not able to look that much into the future.
But if War of Rights is a success, we could use it as a brand-name and do other wars in future WoR games :)

The name "War of Rights" can be used for many different wars.. from the roman civil wars up to the Napoleonic Wars.

THE WAR OF RIGHTS SERIES :

Starting in Rome Civil War to the First Crusades over the American Independence War many other Scenarios AWSOME ! xD
I canīt wait for that

Hinkel
11-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Also, when in N&S, the chaplain says the line, "may the war of rights be successful and victorious", is that referring to the civil war or this?

That phrase could be used for different things, both options are possible ;) :p

R21
11-21-2015, 06:55 PM
As others have said you can get the Cry-Engine SDK on steam so Hopefully at the very least people will be able to make Custom maps with the assets from this Game.

I'm hoping they release their own SDK though, modding pro-longs the life of Games. Look at Squad, it's not even out of Alpha and they're already paving the way for modding.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-22-2015, 11:21 AM
It would be grade but you want to change a game which is not realeased or in final version. Firstly i want War of Rights and then after some weeks i want a sdk if its possible.

Sgt.Kar98
11-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Let me clarify this :

If I just knew anything of how to model,code or things like that... or if I knew someone that knows how to...

Gandalf
11-27-2015, 12:32 AM
I don't see why everyone is 'up in arms' over modding WoR, it don't really mind if its not possible. I want the real game to come out before worrying about that. :D

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-27-2015, 08:11 AM
And one question is: is that needed? because every mod will get some players from the original version.

Jamez
11-27-2015, 11:44 AM
I can understand people may want to create client side mods but I don't see why everyone is so fussed about modding a game which is still in very early development, you don't even know what is missing for you yet.

R21
12-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Really stupid not to have Mod support, it actually works in the favor of small Indie Games like this and aside from extra time spent making it accessible to Modders there's no real downside or reason not to.

Jonny Powers
12-08-2015, 01:58 AM
Really stupid not to have Mod support, it actually works in the favor of small Indie Games like this and aside from extra time spent making it accessible to Modders there's no real downside or reason not to.

Did you read the thread?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Sounds like no

William
12-09-2015, 11:47 AM

I think they would support if they would know how, because the game or the engine is really hard to mod think about it this game needed some years to be done xD do you think modding it self is soo seasy in cry engine wou will need 80% more time to make a mod then in warband because the engine is much harder to handle in my opinion because I treyed to make a mod in warband and a friend of mine showed me the editor stuff for cryegine totally different xD....wait for the game get the editor and try your best xD ^^

MontySJ
06-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Hey, i'd like to give my two cents on this, i have mod alot of games in my time ( Men of war, M&B , Shogun 2, ETW, NTW, tried to do so with SoW, ARMA 3, AND SO MANY OTHER) i read that it's going to be might hard and people will have to slave away and learn it the hard way, well, if a modder learned 1 specific technique in modding for example, at first it was hard for me to mod Shogun Total war especially it cost me and my brother 40$ for UU3d to do things, and it was hard for me to rigg humanskins into Men of war or export Tanks or even making 3D hats and assortments, but once you know how to do it, it doesnt seem hard you see, you are infact more tempted into making much more in that specific engine, if WoR is able to be modded, sure its going to be hard and we'll have to slave away

modders who seek to make their imagination into the engine be it of a diffrent time period will stop at nothing to create or EVEN IMPLEMENT 1 specific MESH or MODEL be it a Shako that replaces the Kepi or Forage cap, but once they see the gateway to that, seeing you can replace or even put your model ingame, that's where the satisfaction is recived, knowing you can put 1 thing allows you to explore into more major part of the modding proccees, a MOD doesnt exactly have to be a Complete overhault, it all started with simple retexture, changing colours of the Frock coat into yellow or something, then it EXPANDS! and it will keep on going, personnaly when i put my money into this, i felt it was the best purchase i have ever made, it was hard for me to get this game since i live in Indonesia and it my country Dollars are expensive, but i love modding games and i love this engine, i hope one day the developer will let us to explore much more with the engine we have been provided with, i will strive my hardest even if it means buying a tool kit that cost 40$+ to try and give people some diffrent not just a vanilla product but if possible a modified