View Full Version : 26th North Carolina Regiment - Companies A and G

Gandalf
11-16-2015, 03:48 AM
26th North Carolina Regiment
"In spite of the world..."

https://stumpknocker77.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/unnamed.jpg?w=440
Col. Henry Burgwyn at Gettysburg

Overview

The 26th North Carolina Regiment is a group of veteran players originally from the North & South: First Manassas mod for Mount and Blade: Warband. We endeavor to attain an appreciation of realism through drilling and acting as a unit. We are a diverse regiment in terms of troop specialization, with companies of Infantry and Artillery.

History of the Regiment

The regiment was raised in 1861 from central and western North Carolina, with Zebulon B. Vance as its first colonel. Vance, upon being elected Governor of North Carolina, gave command of the unit to 20-year-old Col. Henry King Burgwyn, Jr. The regiment spent the next year with garrison duties, finally seeing its first action during the Seven Days Battles.

The regiment became attached to Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia, 3rd Corps, in 1863 and participated in that army's invasion of the North. On July 1st the regiment engaged Federal troops at McPherson's Ridge at the Battle of Gettysburg. The 26th NC engaged the Iron Brigade's 24th Michigan Volunteer Infantry Regiment in a heavy firefight, and although forcing the 24th to withdraw, it suffered heavy casualties, including the loss of Col. Burgwyn and the Lt. Col. The regiment later participated in Pickett's Charge, losing a further 120 men.

The Regiment took part in several other campaigns and battles, remaining with the Army of Northern Virginia until the surrender at Appomattox, Virginia in 1865.

http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields/gettysburg/gettysburg-2011/battle-flag-of-the-26th-north.jpg
Battle Flag of the 26th North Carolina

We in the 26th North Carolina are divided into two companies, each company specializing in a different army branch.
http://www.26nc.org/Graphics/home-header.jpg

G Company - Guards and Infantry
G Company is the regular company in the 26th NC. Along with the basic foot soldier are the Guards, a core group of the strongest and most agile, who are skilled in melee.

A Company - Artillery
A Company is the largest company in the 26th NC. Under the command of the Col., the members of this company are chosen for their skill in handling and firing artillery, and also contains positions such as sappers and artillery guards.

Enlisting

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/Gandalf97/26thNorthCarolina%20-%20Copy_zpssmitultz.png

Step right up lad! I can see you want to help our Cause, but you're wondering how? Simple! Enlist in the 26th North Carolina Regiment, as Part of either the Infantry or Artillery! Join your fellow North Carolinians in repelling the Northern invader, and protect the God given Rights of your State! All that is required is for you to fill out this form:

Forum or Steam Name:
Historical Name:
Desired Company:
Former Regimental Experience (If any):
Contact Information (Steam or other):

*When completed, either post the form on this page, or message me here or on Steam*

Congratulations, and welcome to the 26th North Carolina, recruit! Here's your bounty money, and additional funds to purchase the necessary equipment. We look forward to serving alongside you in the Defense of Our Nation's Independence!

God save the South!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cx5AadXIro

Contacts:
http://i.imgur.com/EaiwbMW.png Gandalf, Staff Sgt. and WoR Contact (http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheGreyPilgrim/)

http://i.imgur.com/ZhewMjz.png Max Voltage, Lt. Colonel (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Max_Voltage)

Contact Pages
26th North Carolina WoR Steam Page (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/26thNCWOR)

A Company__________________________
Officers

- Major Henry Burgwyn
- Captain Maximilian Hutchins

- Quartermaster Sergeant Jozsef Kristan
-
-
-
- Private Patrick 'Irish' O'Connor
- Private Daniel Wojciechowski
- Private Anthony Manzi
- Private Will
- Private Whitman
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

G Company__________________________
Officers

-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

A. P. Hill
11-16-2015, 05:21 AM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Sorta
11-16-2015, 08:23 AM
26thNC arty skills OP

Gandalf
11-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!
Thank you General! We look forward to fighting alongside you in the upcoming campaigns!

Bravescot
11-16-2015, 05:32 PM
You need a Company mate! Good luck though.

Gandalf
11-16-2015, 06:22 PM
You need a Company mate! Good luck though.
Thank you. We've already reserved companies A, C, D, and G. I wanted all four companies to be on one page; do I need a separate page for each company...?

Jamez
11-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Thank you. We've already reserved companies A, C, D, and G. I wanted all four companies to be on one page; do I need a separate page for each company...?

I don't think you need separate pages but you do need to state which companies you are taking.

Sorta
11-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Everyone in the DA wouldn't be enough for 4 companies tbh

Gandalf
11-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Everyone in the DA wouldn't be enough for 4 companies tbh
Probably why we're being called companies and not regiments now. Doesn't matter as long as we stick together and fight the common foe, eh? ;)

A. P. Hill
11-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Huzzah NC!

Bravescot
11-21-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm really confused as you why you'd take four companies if only one of them is actual infantry.

Gandalf
11-21-2015, 05:18 PM
What's to be confused about? Our regiment's Col. wants a company of infantry, cavalry, artillery, and sharps, so I reserved one of each.

Leifr
11-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Do the good thing, chap, and return to the singular company. There will simply never be enough folk for four companies worth, and for once there's an opportunity for groups to be properly represented in scale within a game.

It's also spelt Manassas, not Mananas, as per your original post.

Gandalf
11-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Do the good thing, chap, and return to the singular company. There will simply never be enough folk for four companies worth, and for once there's an opportunity for groups to be properly represented in scale within a game.

It's also spelt Manassas, not Mananas, as per your original post.
Ah, thanks for the spelling check Leifr, I didn't see it before. :p

Perhaps I will, or decrease it to two companies. The only reason I didn't choose just one is because about half our regiment wants artillery, the other half wants infantry. If we have only one company, are we still allowed to play both unit types?

Leifr
11-21-2015, 06:41 PM
I see no reason why not, Gandalf.
The company is simply a roster, you're not tied to that unit in game.

Gandalf
11-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Hmm... If that's true, that would be very nice. I'll take it up with the Col. and his staff and see what I can do. Thanks again.

Bravescot
11-21-2015, 06:48 PM
I can see this working out well as Arty and Infantry but not Cav or Sharps :)

Gandalf
11-21-2015, 06:57 PM
I can see this working out well as Arty and Infantry but not Cav or Sharps :)
This would be acceptable for us, I believe. I'll decrease our company count to two for now, and maybe to one after our leaders discuss it further.

Killobytes
11-21-2015, 09:14 PM
The greats are coming to WoR I see

Scots
12-31-2015, 04:39 AM
God Save the 26th North Caroline!

Lady Moraine
12-31-2015, 04:46 AM
Good luck from Texas! Teach the Yankee's not to stand to Confederate bayonets!

Scots
01-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Moraine, I would prefer to show them my bullets not bayonets. Bayonets infers that we failed to hold them back so they are pouring multiple companies over us.

Surrealbeliefs2
01-03-2016, 12:00 AM
YeeeeeeeeeeeHa Rally men the 26thNC has arrived!!!!

Sarge 1861
01-06-2016, 06:39 PM
We shall rally round' the standard!

Scots
01-08-2016, 10:00 PM
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=58

Any new people to the forms, join this group...

Filkins
01-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Good luck 26thNC bros. can't wait to see you on the battlefield.

Gandalf
01-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Good luck 26thNC bros. can't wait to see you on the battlefield.
Nice to see you again Filkins. Good luck to you as well.

Glad to see other members of the 26th NC signing up! Make sure to send me your applications if you haven't already. God save the South!

Filkins
01-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Well I have a my own Company. 88th Pennsylvania Company A. More then likely we will be shooting at each other. May the gods of war have mercy on our souls.

Sarge 1861
01-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Tis a bloody and uncivil war Filkins. Btw I'll see you in hell billy yank��!

Filkins
01-14-2016, 11:07 PM
agreed see you in hell Johnny Reb.

Extracrispi
01-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Young Guard reporting in

Challis89
01-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Not knocking you guys and hope to serve on the same field of battle but wouldn't it be wise to reserve an actual Artillery company? I may be wrong but I thought infantry companies could only be infantry and actual arty companies could be arty?

Beat of luck with the unit guys may your guns never miss.

Gandalf
01-21-2016, 12:25 AM
Not knocking you guys and hope to serve on the same field of battle but wouldn't it be wise to reserve an actual Artillery company? I may be wrong but I thought infantry companies could only be infantry and actual arty companies could be arty?

Beat of luck with the unit guys may your guns never miss.
Thank you. Yes, we have an arty company. G Company is infantry, A Company is artillery.

Or do you mean a real, historical artillery company? I was already told that it would be fine for us to use both unit types.

Challis89
01-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Thank you. Yes, we have an arty company. G Company is infantry, A Company is artillery.

Or do you mean a real, historical artillery company? I was already told that it would be fine for us to use both unit types.

Fair enough I was led to believe from reading on here that when you picked your company from the list if you wanted infantry you picked a historical infantry one and if you wanted arty you had to pick a historical arty one. Happy to be proven wrong just seems weird if you can take an infantry unit and make it arty when this games about realism.

Scots
01-31-2016, 07:47 PM
For all those in the WOR regiment, I have made a group in the forums for us to gather in, http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=58 , just join and I will eventually accept you into it whenever I check it.

Weregar
05-09-2016, 02:09 AM
The Cavalry is reporting in.

Irish O'Conner
08-26-2016, 11:52 PM
Praise the 26thNC, march steady lads!

Pepin le Bref
09-07-2016, 04:39 AM
Any connection to the 26th NC reenactment group you used the video of? I have fallen in with that group a few times.

Oleander
09-07-2016, 05:15 AM
I'm curious about that as well. I was with a unit in the same battalion before Col. Smith stepped down and Col. Roberts took over. Great bunch of guys.

Gandalf
09-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Any connection to the 26th NC reenactment group you used the video of? I have fallen in with that group a few times.

I'm curious about that as well. I was with a unit in the same battalion before Col. Smith stepped down and Col. Roberts took over. Great bunch of guys.
Unfortunately no, our group is not in any way connected to the reenactors of the real 26th North Carolina. Currently using their recruitment video as a placeholder until we are able to film our own, and also to spread awareness of the reenactment group and to peak interest in Civil War reenactment in general. Hoping to someday join theirs or another group like them.

Lance Rawlings
09-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Awesome! Great to see more people representing the Tar Heel State!

I do have a question for you, Gandalf: Would you mind if I took Company D? I am a member of the reenactment unit and would like to represent them in War of Rights. Thanks for your consideration.

Lance Rawlings

yoyo8346
09-15-2016, 05:52 PM
I don't mean to speak for Gandalf, but it doesn't look like he claimed company D. I think it's yours for the taking :)

Lance Rawlings
09-15-2016, 05:55 PM
I believe I saw in one of his posts he was meaning on claiming Co C along with three other companies, I'll look again and also wait his reply. Thanks my friend!

To the Colors!
Lance Rawlings

Bravescot
09-15-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't mean to speak for Gandalf, but it doesn't look like he claimed company D. I think it's yours for the taking :)

You can not claim a company until the company tool is out and you have 10 men to your unit. Before that, as previously stated, there can be as many Co. X or Y from whatever regiment as people that want it. So even if Gandalf has expressed an interested in Co. D he can't claim it, yet.

yoyo8346
09-15-2016, 06:39 PM
You can not claim a company until the company tool is out and you have 10 men to your unit. Before that, as previously stated, there can be as many Co. X or Y from whatever regiment as people that want it. So even if Gandalf has expressed an interested in Co. D he can't claim it, yet.

I know that. I think most people are just trying to be considerate if someone else has expressed interest in a company name before them, rather than turning things sour and competing for the name.

Gandalf
09-16-2016, 02:17 AM
I believe I saw in one of his posts he was meaning on claiming Co C along with three other companies, I'll look again and also wait his reply. Thanks my friend!

To the Colors!
Lance Rawlings

Yes, originally we were going to form companies A, C, D, and G. This was before we understood how the whole company thing worked. Now, as you can see, we are simply companies A and G. So yes, go ahead and form D company if you like. Always glad to have more North Carolinians.

Lance Rawlings
09-16-2016, 03:48 AM
Yes, originally we were going to form companies A, C, D, and G. This was before we understood how the whole company thing worked. Now, as you can see, we are simply companies A and G. So yes, go ahead and form D company if you like. Always glad to have more North Carolinians.

Thanks Gandalf! I'm probably going to start a company in General A.P. Hill's Light Division, and since the 26th wasn't even in the Maryland Campaign, I'll probably end up going with another regiment. I'll keep it in mind however. Thanks again!