PDA

View Full Version : Details, details, details...

Szotu
11-16-2015, 12:13 PM
So...
Corpses will lay down till the end of match in places when soldiers lost their life?
Will damage be visible on that corpses?
Will, for example artillery, wrench off legs, arms, heads etc?
And the most epic in my opinion... Banner when shot should have a HOLE! it would be great!

A. P. Hill
11-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Speaking of banners/flags, I hope beyond hope that the cryengine core the developers have is capable of doing the cloth representation that was displayed in the cryengine demo. Right now those items seem unworldly. ;)

Give cloth the ability to drape naturally.

Jamez
11-16-2015, 01:25 PM
You can see in the kickstarter that the flag does have that type of effect. It's a little buggy in the video but that's not a surprise at this stage anyway

Szotu
11-16-2015, 04:28 PM
@UP
Really? Ill watch it again.

Rithal
11-17-2015, 09:34 AM
I do hope the developers can find a way to make corpses stay for the entire match. It would really add to the grand scale they are going for and would create the illusion of way more players than there actually are. Also, nothing irritates me more than to be walking around in a game and seeing the corpse of someone you previously killed dissappear before your eyes. :p

Bravescot
11-17-2015, 09:52 AM
The only issue would be the demand placed on servers to keep the bodies active. I love the idea of keeping the bodies around but if will cause issue to the sever to people's PC to keep the bodies permanently generated then a cap should be considered.

Soulfly
11-17-2015, 09:58 AM
permanent bodies will indeed have massive influence on the server/ client performance, i dont know what is planned but there should be an option like "Show bodies for x time" or permanent. But keep it optional, since not everybody has endgame machines at home

Machoman44441
11-17-2015, 11:58 AM
I think that is a great idea but should be able to be limited in settings.

Szotu
11-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Thats true.

R21
11-21-2015, 05:52 PM
I do hope the developers can find a way to make corpses stay for the entire match. It would really add to the grand scale they are going for and would create the illusion of way more players than there actually are. Also, nothing irritates me more than to be walking around in a game and seeing the corpse of someone you previously killed dissappear before your eyes. :p

In a Game like this I think it's a needed feature.

The problem is it's very performance intensive to do, i'm hoping they can find some workaround (like replacing the Ragdolls with cheaper static models or something) it'd really sell the Game and add to the atmosphere if they could pull this off.

Szotu
11-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Think same. We must show, that its mass-scale game.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Wow. I can see the mountains of corpes around burningside..... We are not anymore soldiers... We are mountaineers :D

A. P. Hill
11-22-2015, 05:45 PM
No doubt it would be beyond cool to see if the developers can in some way institute a dead marker, or hell for that matter a wounded marker. And this may well be the only type and kind of "AI" we see in game.

The mechanics are something like this: Player A gets a hit, its mortal, and he drops. Somewhere in the programming it says "hey look, so and so just got hit, start the timer" when the timer reaches its end, said player is now vaporized and recreated in camp in a re-spawn. What if during that vaporization process the programming says "okay I'm going to take this player body and send it back, but before I do, insert "AI" dead / wounded body in its place." So as soon as the player body disappears, an "AI" body assumes its place. If the player is wounded this "AI" may have limited actions assigned to it, crying out, waving a hand, (if he's got one,) occasionally moving in some fashion just to indicate the body still has life. Dead "AI" of course do nothing, they just remain to be stepped over.

William
12-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Wow. I can see the mountains of corpes around burningside..... We are not anymore soldiers... We are mountaineers :D

wouldn´t it be nice xD

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Wow you are very bloody William :eek:

:D

William
12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
as long as its only a Rebell mountain ;)

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Ahh you are a patriot :D let us be brave german volunteers my friend and kill some rebels

David Dire
12-01-2015, 12:54 PM
No doubt it would be beyond cool to see if the developers can in some way institute a dead marker, or hell for that matter a wounded marker. And this may well be the only type and kind of "AI" we see in game.

The mechanics are something like this: Player A gets a hit, its mortal, and he drops. Somewhere in the programming it says "hey look, so and so just got hit, start the timer" when the timer reaches its end, said player is now vaporized and recreated in camp in a re-spawn. What if during that vaporization process the programming says "okay I'm going to take this player body and send it back, but before I do, insert "AI" dead / wounded body in its place." So as soon as the player body disappears, an "AI" body assumes its place. If the player is wounded this "AI" may have limited actions assigned to it, crying out, waving a hand, (if he's got one,) occasionally moving in some fashion just to indicate the body still has life. Dead "AI" of course do nothing, they just remain to be stepped over.

This is basically what I'd prefer to be in the game for the death mechanics. When you actually "die" (As in, loss of all health/whatever the health mechanic will be) you will be sent to the spawn queue and your body will play a death animation.

Besides that, your body reacting to wounds would be awesome (clutching at where you were shot, parts of your body being shoved back where you are stabbed, etc)