PDA

View Full Version : Personal Controllable Line/Community Lines (How will it work?)

Musket
11-16-2015, 02:56 PM
I have a question and suggestion. First the suggestion, maybe a possible personal line of AI that you can order around and stuff but based on the kickstarter i think you already have that. The question is how will community lines work like what keeps a random player from just walking away and frolicking with the butterflies when his comrades are getting blown to bits by artillery?

Bravescot
11-16-2015, 03:14 PM
It has been made clear that there will be no AI

Musket
11-16-2015, 03:25 PM
But then how will community lines work?

A. P. Hill
11-16-2015, 03:59 PM

The developers have said that anyone chasing butterflies will not benefit from the company formation perks. In other words, you get benefits for staying in line, the biggest one is a quicker respawn should someone accidentally perforate your character while chasing butterflies or urinating on the trees or whatever.

<edit, this includes chasing white rabbits! !! >

Rithal
11-17-2015, 08:01 AM

The developers have discussed some in depth incentives that should work well in keeping most players formed up. One example would be players replenishing their stamina much quicker when in proximity to their unit rather than running around by themselves.

Other incentives include advantages in game play. Because most players, or at least a large majority of players, will be armed with single shot, muzzle loading rifles, it will be very beneficial to them to stick together and be able to deliver multiple shots down range rather than one every 20 seconds. Also this is a historical game. As such, most players will strive to play the game in a historical manner (besides the occasional troll, but who cares about them? ;) ).

Patrick Kurtz
11-17-2015, 02:01 PM
As said many times before, teamwork will be an asset, and anyone who decides to ignore that would be an idiot and get killed on the spot.

Musket
11-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Okay that sounds awesome but how will ordering the other people in the unit work, can the line commander make an order to everyone that they can see and move to or how would that work?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-17-2015, 02:30 PM
read the kickstarter update my friend

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947432146/war-of-rights

and watch this video :)

https://youtu.be/z5snMNkXdoo

Pieterken
11-17-2015, 06:42 PM
:)

I have actually followed the Kickstarter campaign from the start & finally pledged, yet this is the first time i see this video.

It's actually amazing. Keep up the work!

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-17-2015, 07:07 PM
really? it was the trailer and was on the top of the campaign side :D

Des8559
12-04-2015, 02:47 PM
I would hope people would play as it is meant to be in formation I hope the higher ranks are able to take command of lower ranks units. Just think it would be great to be formed in my platoon line the a major run over and reform you into another larger line.

Jamez
12-04-2015, 02:50 PM
That will depend on where you play, in a public server the discipline will be a lot less than what you would see in a community run event

Rithal
12-05-2015, 06:06 AM
I would hope people would play as it is meant to be in formation I hope the higher ranks are able to take command of lower ranks units. Just think it would be great to be formed in my platoon line the a major run over and reform you into another larger line.

The developers will be including many incentives to push players to stick together in their proper units. :)

William
12-05-2015, 06:45 AM
The developers will be including many incentives to push players to stick together in their proper units. :)

I Hope so Sir I really hope so :)

Mississippi
12-05-2015, 07:41 AM

Would some incentives include Health bonus, Accuracy bonus, Melee bonus, Reload bonus, Respawn bonus, Sprint bonus, ect?

William
12-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Would some incentives include Health bonus, Accuracy bonus, Melee bonus, Reload bonus, Respawn bonus, Sprint bonus, ect?

something like in that way what I know :)

A. P. Hill
12-05-2015, 04:10 PM

The developers have already mentioned positive on all those listed above. If you go running off on your own, you get nothing. :) Seems like a fair trade.