PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer total war

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Hey Guys

What do you thing about Warhammer total war?

Want you a remake of a other game for example Napoleon 2?

Soulfly
11-18-2015, 12:09 PM
i would love to see a ACW Total War, similar to Shogun 2....but thats never going to happen :(

Gokiller
11-18-2015, 12:17 PM
There should be a Medieval Total War III, Medieval TW II was great and they should expand on that with better graphics and more advanced features etc.
We've had enough gun focused Total war games so far. None of them were really enjoyable either.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Medievaö 2 was really great but i love NTW and ETW. Shogun 2 was not really good because i hate the moral system and rome 2..... that was the first game i pre ordered...... i will do it never again...

I wanted a great game about the roman empire. What i get? Bugs, bugs, bugs.. oh wait there is.... oh no... its another bug

Gokiller
11-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Shogun 2 would actually be my favorite between those 3 titles. I never really got why people enjoyed ETW and NTW that much. Sure, with ETW you get the chance to actually conquer the majority of the world. (NA, Europe, Africa and Asia) But the battles were just dull, same with NTW.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-18-2015, 12:33 PM
i liked it to fight with the line infantry and try to use tactics of Napoleon, Wellington etc.
The Campaign of Shogun and FoTS was great and also from rome. more diplomacy and the ability to build a railroad was great.

But none of this games reached the flair of rome 1 and medieval 2. Still one of the best especially the music

Hinkel
11-18-2015, 12:41 PM
I would like to have a Victorian Age: Total War .. which would include a civil war event of course.
There is a high chance, that they will make it one day.

Soulfly
11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
.....But the battles were just dull, same with NTW.

I think you missed some mods, like DarthMod where the battles where somewhat challenging

Soulfly
11-18-2015, 12:45 PM
I would like to have a Victorian Age: Total War .. which would include a civil war event of course.

isnt there a mod with that name currently build ?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-18-2015, 12:58 PM

that would be great and a really huge and detailed world map is a must have.

But a 4 player mutli campaign must be added for the next title.

Gokiller
11-18-2015, 01:09 PM
I know about Darthmod, but I'm primarily talking about the vanilla of these games.
Both, NTW as ETW and now even RTW2 need mods to make it at least a bit enjoyable.

zimmer1lb
11-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Darth Vader made some great mods for the TW series. But one of the all time best, IMHO, was NTW3 by the Lordz Modding Group, except for some reason the navy portion of the game hasn't been dealt with as yet. I would like to see a greater map expansion and diplomacy plus maybe a more in depth financial system for NTW.

A new ACW:TW should have a very, very in depth mapping system that could easily include the importance of the navies, importance of the vital river systems etc. Also the politics would be a complicated issue to do justice to as well as the economics.

I'm easy to please overall. Because I've liked all the TW series (except Medieval), but moved on easily to the newer versions. Despite the complaints about CA I do believe they try to do justice to what they are producing.

zimm out

Gokiller
11-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Any specific reason why you only disliked Medieval?

Just curious, as you're really the first person I've seen that liked every title except that one.

MadWolf
11-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Medieval III pls. I really liked II. But pls without the city management system form Attilla!

Schwieger
11-18-2015, 04:38 PM
A Total War: ACW would be great. It's painfully obvious stock won't be much to write home about as most titles in the Total War series suffer from this, but! If modders are given free reign, then I can see such a title blooming into perhaps the greatest ACW real time strategy & tactics game out there on the market. Otherwise, there's simply no competition with Scourge of War.

thomas aagaard
11-20-2015, 08:38 AM
I love the warhammer setting... but after Rome 2... I will wait a few month after release...

Jamez
11-20-2015, 09:26 AM
I would love to see a another attempt on Empire, that time period had so much potential.

Bravescot
11-20-2015, 11:19 AM
I personally would deeply love to see a total war spanning the globe, starting in the 1600s and running to 1900.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-20-2015, 12:08 PM
That would be great.

A Total war like Europa Universalis but only with real- time battles. Oh my good. I'm in love <3

Jamez
11-20-2015, 12:21 PM
A game spanning from the 1600s to the early 1900s would be so good for a total war game

Bravescot
11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
It would be incredible. Just imagine beginning with matchlocks and fininsh with the first few bolt actions. Then you got stuff like the industrial revolution and colonialism!

Jamez
11-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Also because of the large time scale there is so many countries which would be playable.

Lionbileti
11-21-2015, 01:28 AM
Any game before Shogun 2 was amazing in my opinion. Shogun 2- Present day Total war is a good example of DLC WHORING! It is horrible, They should learn from their mistakes that DLCs are not supported in the community!!!!

Jamez
11-21-2015, 01:31 AM
I don't see how shogun 2 was bad for the amount of DLC they had. The quality of the DLC which was released was very good in my opinion and the lack of it did not hinder the game itself.

Devmc99
11-23-2015, 12:33 AM
Apparently a Charlemagne DLC for Attila might be coming out soon. Anyone know any info on it?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Sry dont know. i am sitting here and wait for a Empire 3 / Napoleon 2 / Medieval 3. :(

In my opinion is Attila bad because its the same like rome with a some more content.

Yeah it was the same with Napoleon and Empire but the grafic of NTW was much better :D

Gokiller
11-23-2015, 08:53 AM
On the subject of having a massive time-span Total war: It's pretty much impossible. It would take them so much time and most importantly a lot of money. So I doubt they will ever create such a game. Instead I assume they rather stick to their traditional way of making games.

Just look at what's happening now. It's getting so expensive that they have to separate a major faction ("Choas") as DLC from the game in-order to get the funds to create it.

MadWolf
11-23-2015, 10:21 AM
On the subject of having a massive time-span Total war: It's pretty much impossible. It would take them so much time and most importantly a lot of money. So I doubt they will ever create such a game. Instead I assume they rather stick to their traditional way of making games.

Just look at what's happening now. It's getting so expensive that they have to separate a major faction ("Choas") as DLC from the game in-order to get the funds to create it.

The Choas DLC is not for the entire race of Choas but it adds some extra Choas stuff:
- Three new playable Legendary Lords.
- Unique new mounts, bloodthirsty units and monstrous creatures.
- New quests, magic items and abilities.

Thy will make a total of 3 total war: Warhammer games. With lots of free-LCs and Dlcs

Gokiller
11-23-2015, 10:31 AM
A fair enough, misunderstood that. Either way that wasn't the point.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-23-2015, 10:42 AM
The Choas DLC is not for the entire race of Choas but its adds some extra Choas stuff:
- Three new playable Legendary Lords.
- Unique new mounts, bloodthirsty units and monstrous creatures.
- New quests, magic items and abilities.

Thy will make a total of 3 total war: Warhammer games. With lots of free-LCs and Dlcs

So i don't pay for a whole faction. I pay for the rest of The faction -.-

wow I have to wait about three years to get a real and old total war. great.

MadWolf
11-23-2015, 11:26 AM
I don't know if thy will make the other 2 warhammer games first or just mix it up with other once. For accepal: after This Warhammer game a Medeival 3 than Warhammer part 2 , Empire 2 , Warhammer part 3, Napoleon 2.

BloodBeag
11-23-2015, 01:21 PM
If they follow the order they've done generally until now they'll make warhammer then medieval three then warhammer 2 then either a brand new thing or empire 2 then warhammer 2/3 as they're making 3 warhammer games with one for each 'era' i think

David Dire
11-23-2015, 02:15 PM
I may be a bit biased, as my first Total War game was Empire, but yeah, I'd prefer a sequel to Empire: Total War. The large variety of factions, and, therefore, units, was always appealing. Since it was Colonial/Napoleonic times, advanced weaponry was really unlocked and utilized, allowing for more "explosive" battles :D, and naval warfare, of course.

What would also be interesting is a 15th-16th century Total War game. Blend between Medieval and Colonial. Melee units still relevant but firearm-based units utilized too.

Jamez
11-23-2015, 02:46 PM

That is true unfortunately, they will never make a game spanning a large time period.

They are not really choosing part of the faction to be DLC because they need the funds, it is all profit at that point. It's just another way for the company to make more money from the community, a large player base will complain about the price but still buy it. What loss does the company have with the community being unhappy if they are still buying their product?

Gokiller
11-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Hmm. From what I've read, apparently they mentioned it somewhere that they did that part DLC because otherwise it would get to expensive. The funds that would come from the DLC sales would be used to cover the costs of making it.

Though, that could as well just be some cheap sale talking.

Devmc99
11-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Sry dont know. i am sitting here and wait for a Empire 3 / Napoleon 2 / Medieval 3. :(

In my opinion is Attila bad because its the same like rome with a some more content.

Yeah it was the same with Napoleon and Empire but the grafic of NTW was much better :D

I wasn't asking for peoples opinion on Attila. I was asking if anyone knew anything about the DLC.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-23-2015, 10:57 PM
I think paradox studios shows with EU 4 the best dlc politic.

that's great dlc's and the content change much of the gameplay. I bought all and don't regret it.

total war becomes more and more like ea. you get a game with a lot of bugs and you have to pay for the rest of the content. that's really piss me off

thomas aagaard
11-24-2015, 09:53 AM
I agree. It was a great game when it was published.
The make a new DLC every 6 month or so... adding something new to the game.
I buy every one of them when they come out.

Devmc99
11-24-2015, 02:40 PM
I give up....

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-24-2015, 02:55 PM
I give up....

Sry but in this moment i was angry about Attila ^^

I don't know many guys who play Attila but i will ask them.

Devmc99
11-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Confirmed today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM

Jamez
11-25-2015, 06:41 PM
01:00 to get blood effects in your trailer, download blood&gore DLC

So savage.

Henronicus
11-25-2015, 10:10 PM
I would have to say Empire 2 would be a great choice as it is the oldest game not to have a remake yet, and the era has lots of potential. If I could pick 2 though the 2nd choice would be an ACW total war. I believe on the workshop page for the shogun 2 acw mod they said something about each state being it's own faction, but this could work well in it's own game as washington/richmond could send the state you're playing as missions like the senate and pope from rome and medieval 2.

MadWolf
11-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Is it just me or is the new Atilla Age of Charlemagne Campaign Pack a sneak peek for Medival 3 :D

Gandalf
11-28-2015, 12:19 AM
Is it just me or is the new Atilla Age of Charlemagne Campaign Pack a sneak peek for Medival 3 :DWell.... Time to begin the hype already? ;)

Lonelygamer
11-28-2015, 11:36 AM
Empire 2 would be my favorite. In empire 1 I really enjoyed the economy system and the huge map, and in empire 2 they could fix the naval battles and the diplomatic options (protectorates).

SemajRednaxela
04-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Really happy Empire 2 is the most popular choice so far.

I personally really enjoyed this TW. Yes it was a pitty it suffered from really poor AI. Both in battle and in Campaign. (Though from recent Warhammer game play the AI looks the same level of Rome 2. Which is not saying much........... for x amount of years progress.....) And yes DM made empire better but the AI still didn't understand how to fight line battles... Still, I defy anyone to have not been blown away the first time they laid thier eyes in that 'world' map. More of that please.

So long as they take their time and develop it properly it'll be another good release.

Oh and comunity support. I'm still right in saying that CA /Sega won't alow any molding of Warhammer due to GW copyright laws etc... Massive shame, as it's the modders and comunity that have kept med2 and empire running for years. And in most cases, made a playable game out of one that wasn't entirely finished.

David Dire
04-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Empire is basically my favourite Total War. The only real problems with it is the AI, which, could easily be fixed. I'd honestly be fine if they took Empire, fixed up the AI, added a few more units, a bit more diplomacy, and then released it as a new game. Graphics and all. (I hate the look of Napoleon: Total War in every way. Sure, everything was militarized and more of a traditional total war where the sole focus is fighting, but that honestly isn't that exciting. The new UI was especially horrendous. I prefer my Napoleonic France not having blue grass, thank you very much.)

Brooklyn
04-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I'd love to see one set during the Victorian era.

David Dire
04-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Expanding the tech tree and technology system too would make it amazing. So, for example, your armies aren't using the same uniforms and the same muskets in 1782 that they used in 1700. Expanding the tech tree to the Victorian era would certainly make up for the lack of more content in some peoples eyes, though, unneeded in mine.

SemajRednaxela
04-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Personally any mention of 'victorian' era doesn't appeal to me at all.

What I always wanted them to do is make an empire TW that starts earlier in time say 1600 and finished around 1800s.

The 1600s has never really been covered by TW. The biggest issue is how to make AI armies and units change their in battle play style.

Military tactics changed massively over those 200 years and empire and napoleon AI made a joke of line battle tactics.

How many enemy generals staff have we all killed in empire and napoleon as they hopelessly charge line of infantry unsupported whilst their army is nowhere to be seen...... Shamefull AI programing really.