PDA

View Full Version : Wounded men

Jeffrey
11-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Wouldnt it be cool, if you get shot in an certain area of the body that you fall wounded to the ground,
and the enemy could Execute / Put you out of your missery when they walk by? (the wounderd person will eventually bleed out since you dont want someone to wait 2 hours before the battle is over and still be alive but immobilized) they could implement something that he would bleedout in like 30 seconds

Jamez
11-18-2015, 05:42 PM
They said they were looking into implementing a wounded system but I doubt they would make a person be forced to sit on the ground for a set time, that would not be appealing for the wounded player.

That Filthy Black Hat
11-18-2015, 06:59 PM
It would be interesting and Jamez does make a good point. Though giving some food for thought one solution would be to have the wounded player given the option to respawn or just stay wounded if they so wish. Might also be interesting if the wounded could be taken back behind friendly lines which allows them to respawn as a new soldier but also keeps a ticket from being removed from the over all ticket pool for your side.

Jamez
11-18-2015, 07:07 PM
The option to respawn would be a requirement in my opinion if they were to implement this wounded system, I personally would not want to just wait around hoping for something to happen and would rather just start my respawn timer.

A. P. Hill
11-18-2015, 07:23 PM
I am pretty sure many a wounded man during the struggle wished they could have respawned ;)

Machoman44441
11-18-2015, 07:48 PM
It would be interesting and Jamez does make a good point. Though giving some food for thought one solution would be to have the wounded player given the option to respawn or just stay wounded if they so wish. Might also be interesting if the wounded could be taken back behind friendly lines which allows them to respawn as a new soldier but also keeps a ticket from being removed from the over all ticket pool for your side.I think this would be a cool solution and depending on who is hosting the server. They also mentioned how there will be a option for the server to make it be one life and maybe if they do that this would be a viable option.

Octavian360
11-18-2015, 09:49 PM
A wounded man in the Civil War either got amputated or died from infection - there was rarely ever any in-between.

Jamez
11-18-2015, 10:22 PM
A wounded man in the Civil War either got amputated or died from infection - there was rarely ever any in-between.

I would of assumed that but I didn't know for sure to be certain.

O'Donovan
11-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Actually, it wasn't rare for soldiers to recover from wounds. There were just so many really SERIOUS wounds, it seems they were all that way. On the muster roll of Company F of the Bucktails, there are men who were wounded multiple times and still mustered out, at the end of the war, with their unit.

-Irish

Jamez
11-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Actually, it wasn't rare for soldiers to recover from wounds. There were just so many really SERIOUS wounds, it seems they were all that way. On the muster roll of Company F of the Bucktails, there are men who were wounded multiple times and still mustered out, at the end of the war, with their unit.

-Irish

Was there any detail on what those wounds were?

It could be anything if it is just listed as wounded.

Sorta
11-20-2015, 10:02 AM
They said they were looking into implementing a wounded system but I doubt they would make a person be forced to sit on the ground for a set time, that would not be appealing for the wounded player.
There's a system like that implemented in Project Reality. The wounded player's screen goes black and he must call out for help. He can either choose to stay there and wait for help to arrive, or "give up" and respawn, which costs tickets.

Jamez
11-20-2015, 10:06 AM
There's a system like that implemented in Project Reality. The wounded player's screen goes black and he must call out for help. He can either choose to stay there and wait for help to arrive, or "give up" and respawn, which costs tickets.

I don't know where it was said but they suggested something along the lines of reduced combat effectiveness when you are wounded.

An example of that would be reduced reload speed or an increased amount of sway when aiming.

R21
11-21-2015, 06:42 PM
it's a difficult thing to do in a Game-play friendly way, Squad/PR's way of doing it (Wounded screen and the ability to be patched up by a Medic) does actually work reasonably well, don't see why it couldn't be done in WOR.

I suggested something similar to the post above (reduced combat effectiveness) on the Squad Forums (like having a dedicated Aid station as a deployable asset to be fully fixed up, the field Medic just revving players and getting them abck up) but i'm not sure how well that'd actually work in terms of Game-play, people may just end up suiciding and re-spawning so they wouldn't have to deal with the negative effects.

David Dire
11-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Don't know if anybody's posted this yet, but I'm going to butt in.

(http://warofrights.com/FieldReport21_KickstarterUpdate18)

The amount of time between a first move and being able to perform another stab or parry is controlled by several factors such as having a wounded arm...

So essentially, limb wounds will be a thing. I have no idea whether they can only be melee-caused or you can get shot in the leg and be super slow, limping around.

Shadow765
11-23-2015, 01:18 PM
It would suck to wait. But it's really realistic which is cool :D

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Don't know if anybody's posted this yet, but I'm going to butt in.

(http://warofrights.com/FieldReport21_KickstarterUpdate18)

So essentially, limb wounds will be a thing. I have no idea whether they can only be melee-caused or you can get shot in the leg and be super slow, limping around.

ohh I forgot this field report.

that will be very interesting. if the majority of your company have wounds it will be harder to engage the enemy.

CjkCJkCjk
11-23-2015, 02:55 PM
"Harrison Jeffords of the 4th Michigan Volunteer Infantry received a gunshot wound to the thigh and was bayonetted by a Confederate soldier in the left abdomen, mortally wounding the 28-year-old officer. Meanwhile, other soldiers of the Fourth Michigan, including Lt. Michael Vreeland, rushed to his aid and reportedly carried both the flag and their fallen commander out of the Wheatfield. As his life slowly drained away, his final words were said to be "Mother, mother, mother." He died at 4 AM the next day, July 3, 1863. Jeffords became the highest commissioned officer in the Civil War to die of a bayonet wound. After the war, the regiment erected its monument on the battlefield near the point at which the colonel fell. Despite popular belief, the monument's image of the color-bearer is not a representation of Colonel Harrison Herbert Jeffords. Besides lacking Colonel Jefford's ever-present "goatee" styled beard, the soldier depicted does not have on the Colonel's uniform, but is actually outfitted according to post war army regulation. However, there is a verse inscribed in dedication to the Fourth Michigan's fallen leader, on the opposite side of the monument."
and also Joshua Chamberlain was wounded my a minie ball and was back in service within a few months

Hinkel
11-23-2015, 03:40 PM
I have no idea whether they can only be melee-caused or you can get shot in the leg and be super slow, limping around.

You can get wounded by a shot/shrapnel in the legs or arms of course! ;)

David Dire
11-23-2015, 04:17 PM
You can get wounded by a shot/shrapnel in the legs or arms of course! ;)

Alright, that probably was stupid to doubt.

Unless we're implementing ballistic armour, of course!

Shadow765
11-23-2015, 10:26 PM

Yea I like the system that's implemented on PR. +1

Soulfly
11-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Yea I like the system that's implemented on PR. +1

Well it works in modern terms like having a medic around, but back then i assume there was little the men could do to help the wounded on the field except for praying and dragging them to a field hospital. Therefore i think its inappropriate to implement such a system, my immersion would suffer a little watching an enemy with a crushed arm getting bandaged and joining the fight again

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Yeah. Thats really the same what I think. a shot into an arm or leg is not really a problem if the bullet don't stuck in you. (hope that's correct)

but if you get a shot into your body like your breast you will can't join the fight again because you are dead

Soulfly
11-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Yeah. Thats really the same what I think. a shot into an arm or leg is not really a problem if the bullet don't stuck in you. (hope that's correct)

but if you get a shot into your body like your breast you will can't join the fight again because you are dead

well the wounds inflicted by the Minié ball were severe, if the bullet hit a bone it most likely shattered it

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-24-2015, 09:50 AM
that's what I mean with my first part. in German Fleischwunde oder Durchschuss ;)

Shadow765
11-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Well it works in modern terms like having a medic around, but back then i assume there was little the men could do to help the wounded on the field except for praying and dragging them to a field hospital. Therefore i think its inappropriate to implement such a system, my immersion would suffer a little watching an enemy with a crushed arm getting bandaged and joining the fight again

Well, than it would be really realistic.

Also I'm guessing everyone gets one life?

Jamez
11-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Also I'm guessing everyone gets one life?

It depends on the gamemode, and setting for the server. Currently there is the option of a respawn ticket system for the whole team or just one life for each player.

Gandalf
11-26-2015, 10:12 PM
well the wounds inflicted by the Minié ball were severe, if the bullet hit a bone it most likely shattered it
I know that its been said that there won't be any surgeons or field medics, but here's hoping... :cool:

CivilLetsPlays
11-27-2015, 06:25 PM
As mentioned before on this thread I think if they did it like Project Reality does their wounded system it would work really well. Have a way to medic players who are wounded by bandaging them or something like that, there could be a stretcher bearer role where the player playing it would just go around and heal wounded players. It would be a little unrealistic since medics weren't really a thing during the time but I think it should still be considered being implemented into the game.

Szotu
11-27-2015, 07:07 PM
^No, no nooo. Medic should not be on the battlefield. There could be camps or smth (And will be) Where you can retreat and path urself. There should be option to move as medic suited with white gown.

Francis
11-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I would like to see this wounded system where unlike North and South, were you slowly bleed out while conducting your part in action, instead, your vision drops, or you become slower. Grey out screen perhaps to represent black outs. Falling on the ground would be nice, but as stated, don't want to restrict the player to stay in one spot for a long period of time during a match. If they really wanted to go extreme, they could have stretchers to put the wounded one, or even a animation where you can help a fellow wounded player out by helping him walk, ect. All this would help expand the game into a deeper realism!

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-27-2015, 09:02 PM
That would be great. you help others and safe his life. and a ticket :)

Gandalf
11-28-2015, 12:02 AM
I would like to see this wounded system where unlike North and South, were you slowly bleed out while conducting your part in action, instead, your vision drops, or you become slower. Grey out screen perhaps to represent black outs. Falling on the ground would be nice, but as stated, don't want to restrict the player to stay in one spot for a long period of time during a match. If they really wanted to go extreme, they could have stretchers to put the wounded one, or even a animation where you can help a fellow wounded player out by helping him walk, ect. All this would help expand the game into a deeper realism!Hmm... by the way they've been talking about it, there probably couldn't be stretchers, they would be too bulky to just carry around. I'd love to see vision drop and helping fellow soldiers walk though, that would be a nice touch.

Jamez
11-28-2015, 12:26 AM
The vision blur and increased gun sway will surely be added.

Anonymous
11-29-2015, 12:06 AM
Good Idea.

David Dire
11-29-2015, 03:16 PM
So far the only thing that's really confirmed is...
A: You can take limb damage
B: This will effect performance
3: Visual effects are almost guaranteed

Really that seems all we need. Although I would like a death animation. When a player dies, they would go to the respawn screen, but their model would perform a dying animation, such as falling to knees, grabbing at where they were shot, then after a few seconds hitting the dirt.

Jeffrey Miller
01-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Wouldnt it be cool, if you get shot in an certain area of the body that you fall wounded to the ground,
and the enemy could Execute / Put you out of your missery when they walk by? (the wounderd person will eventually bleed out since you dont want someone to wait 2 hours before the battle is over and still be alive but immobilized) they could implement something that he would bleedout in like 30 seconds

My name is Jeffrey as well and my last name starts with an M. What a coincidence!

Jeffrey Miller
01-04-2016, 08:10 AM
That would be great. you help others and safe his life. and a ticket :) That would please the medic in me!