Thread: To Appomattox Tv series

To Appomattox Tv series

Hello gents!

I just thought I'd share this site with you all: http://www.toappomattox.com/?no_redirect=true

I've been following it's progress for ages. It's an upcoming mini series about the civil war. They've got quite the prominent cast and crew (like Mikael Solomon who directed several episodes of "Band of Brothers". The series itself is pretty much descriped as a mix of Band of Brothers and John Adams - a sort of "Band of Generals".

They've been trying to get funding from various networks the past year, and are now going to try the crowdfunding route via kickstarter sometime next month. I hope you'll throw a few dollars towards them if this is something you'd like to see completed - I know I am!

- Trusty

Interesting, I really do hope they don't go on with what a lot of these American films do and make the Union the best greatest hero's, and the Confederates evil cowardly slavers... We need more shows out there that are less politically correct.

CSA Captain

"Gods & Generals" and "Gettysburg" .......

"Gods & Generals" and "Gettysburg" .......
    Exactly along the lines I was thinking, those movies were great and we need more films like them.

Bill Paxton as Stonewall Jackson should be interesting...and Chris Farleys brother as Haleck. I hope they make the combat a little more realistic like Band of Brothers since most Civil War movies really do justice to the horror of war. They do have a few good advisors it looks like.

CSA Captain

I think these folks are about to release their kickstarter campaign at the end of the month. In the meantime I suggest all you guys checkout "North and South" with Patrick Swayze

USA Major

this looks awesome!

Kickstarter is up - give a few pennies if you'd like to see this eventually please.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ent-miniseries

- Trusty