Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Pledge Uniforms Question/Suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USA Captain

Lightbulb Exclusive Pledge Uniforms Question/Suggestion

With the exclusive pledge uniforms, will only the person who pledged enough for it be able to wear it, or will the whole company in game with them be able to wear them.

My company is the 11th Mississippi company A which the uniform is exclusive for the Brigadier General pledge. The company leader has Major general so he is able to wear the uniform, but does that mean for the rest of us we can't wear it. Plus will this mean companies could be mismatch patchworks of different regiment uniforms.

With all the effort to enhance immersion and historical accuracy having mismatching uniforms seem stupid.

So if this is the case I would suggest that people could pick from the companies collective uniforms, or if you want to keep it more exclusive, the commander being able to pick from his uniforms to dress the company.

USA Sergeant

I like the idea, I think it would be silly if you were the only one with the uniform in battle so I hope the devs make it that its unlocked for the company aswell.
    1st Sergeant Thomas Irving
    66th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    1st Battalion, 'A' Company "Boyd's Company"
    66th Forum Page

Pledge rewards are exclusive to the person who pledged.

- Trusty

USA Captain

So are we going to see companies of mismatch uniformed soldiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiz View Post
    There's no way of doing proper rewarding rewards that makes people stand out in game (so people want to get them) while still being uniform with everyone else. We put a lot of thought into the uniforms we selected as rewards to try and hit that sweet spot between being completely over the top compared to common uniforms and not being noticeable at all.

- Trusty

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    There's no way of doing proper rewarding rewards that makes people stand out in game (so people want to get them) while still being uniform with everyone else. We put a lot of thought into the uniforms we selected as rewards to try and hit that sweet spot between being completely over the top compared to common uniforms and not being noticeable at all.

- Trusty
    That's just fair in my Opinion, for what did I spend the money if it wouldn´t make me special on the Battlefield xD

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    History has shown that the confederate military could not outfit their troops in a like uniform. More confederates wore homespun, or yankee hand me downs, or whatever they could scrounge up. That's why the confederate line is so awesome to look at ... unlike the federal guys, who all wore the same thing. Rather boring I think.

USA Sergeant

Would it be safe to assume that the weapons will be implemented the same way? Will there be any significance to the weapons as well or are they only cosmetic?
    1st Sergeant Thomas Irving
    66th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    1st Battalion, 'A' Company "Boyd's Company"
    66th Forum Page

The confederates will have mismatch uniforms anyway.
    While some soldiers still used the "old" early war uniforms, lot of other soldiers replaced their uniform with regular shell jackets and such.
    The 11th Mississippi at Antietam was mixed too.. just some old veterans used their fancy dress. It wouldn't be authentic, if all of you would use that uniform

USA Major

Just because you are in a certain company on the forums doesn't lock you to that regiment in-game. You are still free to pick whichever regiment to play on the servers.