Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Pledge Uniforms Question/Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You think it's a ripoff because you fail to see beyond the rewards. It's not possible to "buy" the rewards. They are given as a thank you for backing the project at a certain tier. Their "price" is high because they are given as a thank you for supporting the project.

I simply meant your arguement about every bit of content be available to everyone "because of historically accuracy" couldn't be more wrong. There will already be a very high percentage of different weapons and uniforms in our game when you factor in player numbers compared to the real thing.

- Trusty
    I just think its unfair in a way, because it literally ties pretty interesting units and weapons that may catch attention of people (especially those who are really interested in Civil War), to a very high pledges, so at least for me, in a way it is still unfair, no matter what you call it, rewards or not. You can tell me I am a moron who doesn't see your point, but sorry, I just really can't consider that idea to be good. However, I am NOT saying that you or anybody anybody needs to 100% agree with me and do as I say, I just expressed my opinion. You disagree with me, you won't change your decision and so on - alright, I see it and understand it and I won't argue with you, because I see it is completely pointless and not gonna change anything and especially in no way I was trying to say that it makes you bad guys your game bad now or something. Also, I am not demanding answers, but you ignored a couple of my questions, though I know they are not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    When you say, "no offense please", it doesn't make us less offended when you say we are "out of our minds" for backing this project. If anything, it makes me pissed that you have the 'nerve' to come on here and complain about our rewards we will receive for backing this crowdfunded project. You come onto a Civil War game forum and say that the realism excuse is pathetic?? Take your empty, outstretched hand elsewhere!
    Seems like either my English is worse than I expected or you didnt read my comment more carefully. I wasnt saying or even trying to say that somebody is out of their minds if they decided to put money in the project, it's actually a good thing to do, I was saying that somebody in my opinion would be out of their mind if they will put shitton of money ONLY for one or few digital rewards tied to very high pledges, just to obtain these few in-game things, I thinkit would be like you know, paying a lot of money for a car, just because of the special keychain and nothing else. I even called myself an idiot in the post, because I bought collector's editions of the couple of Total War games, just for special units, and I realize it was indeed a stupid move, though I know that because of my crappy English, the sentence can be taken the wrong way. I am not complaining about rewards themselves or saying that you or anybody esle who backed doesn't deserve them, I just personally think that it's not really right to make at least some of them obtainable only for putting way way too much money in the project. Depends on what kind of realism and realism in what, if putting very very high prices on specific content in the game just because it wasnt that common in reality, then yeah, it is stupid and pathetic at least from my perspective, imagine various developers of various war games like Verdun, Battle Of Empires or same Total War series putting absolutely crazy prices on specific units and weapons, using such excuse, I doubt you or most of the people would think it would be good, right? However, I do realize that in this case it's a different thing, because digital in-game stuff aint the only things you get for indeed landing devs a hand, and there is of course people who indeed overprice in-game stuff, like VALVe with Mann Co in TF2 (I mean, they seriously charge so much for a pixel wedding ring? Though it's not the only problem). Also, no need to be so hostile, I am sorry if I offended you or anybody else in any way and I agree that I did wrote some sentences wrong, thus they can be taken a wrong way, but again, as I said, English ain't my first language and it ain't really good, so I can make dumb mistakes sometimes or formulate my words the wrong way, but I was just trying to say that I personally disagree with digital content exclusivity thing, I wasn't saying that developers are now spawns of the Devil, game sucks and I won't buy it, and that I will now find them and those who disagree with me and kill them. Also, calling me libtard just because I don't share your opinion ain't really smart thing to do either.

Also, people, again, I know that my English is crap and so on, so I can be taken wrong or something, but it doesn't mean that I am trying to insult any of you, developers or shit on the game. As I said I just personally disagree with that exclusivity thing, but I am not thinking that I am 100% right and want to force my opinions and views on any of you, and if you have opinions different from mine then you all are bad and horrible, no, I am actually completely alright with people disagreeing with me and so on. No need to take things so harsh and attacking and insulting me now, please.
    Last edited by FranciscoJuarezGarcia; 12-26-2015 at 08:22 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Actually Sir, I find nothing wrong with your English. (This comment from a Scottish-American.)

However I find your point of view is rather disorienting. I fail to follow "the logic" of your point I guess.

smiley_salute.gif

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Actually Sir, I find nothing wrong with your English. (This comment from a Scottish-American.)

However I find your point of view is rather disorienting. I fail to follow "the logic" of your point I guess.

smiley_salute.gif
    Heh, thanks, I think, I really appreciate that.

Well, I do understand that, as Trusty said, each to their own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Almanza P. Baker View Post
    Not really sure what your problem is, but if you receive a backer exclusive uniform, such as 11th Mississippi, you can only wear that when playing as the 11th Mississippi. So although I imagine the uniform will be more colorful than the other uniforms in the 11th it will still look like the rest of them. The Civil War had 100s of different weapons so not really sure how many people are going to quit the game cause they cant use 1 type of pistol. Neither the uniform or the weapons are going to make someone standout.

I also feel sorry for you that you have never cared about or wanted a game so bad that you would donate money even if you got nothing in return but the game. Right now im extremely irritated with this community and the class warfare mentality of some of the members. I am in no way a wealthy person and I freely donated my money for this game because I want to play it not because they gave me a few pixelated recreations of some things. I would have donated my money with no rewards other than the game itself. If you feel that some people receiving something you wont get, items that have no actual effect on the gameplay, and you are just going to spout off negative comments than please feel free to leave these forums.

Also Bra4zil as a person who just started your forum profile today you are an obvious troll so please take yourself back to steam and troll the Verdun forums.
    Not saying that Verdun is a great game, but what's your problem with that and/or it's devs that you want this guy to troll them (I don't think that just starting the profile today makes the guy a troll though)? What did they or their game do to you? Just curious.
    Last edited by FranciscoJuarezGarcia; 12-26-2015 at 08:45 PM.

CSA Secretary of War

Well you obviously haven't even bothered to read all the posts in the thread. The guy bashed Verdun in his first post so I was just referring back to that. Also as a player of video games for more years than most of you have been alive I can spot a forum troll when I see one.

Once again this forum has devolved into a bunch of posts from people who are upset by the fact that some people have something they do not. If you are one of these people and can not read all the logical arguments presented here than please stop reading and posting on these forums.
    Captain Castile
    11th Mississippi Infantry Co. G "Lamar Rifles"

Quote Originally Posted by Almanza P. Baker View Post
    Well you obviously haven't even bothered to read all the posts in the thread. The guy bashed Verdun in his first post so I was just referring back to that. Also as a player of video games for more years than most of you have been alive I can spot a forum troll when I see one.

Once again this forum has devolved into a bunch of posts from people who are upset by the fact that some people have something they do not. If you are one of these people and can not read all the logical arguments presented here than please stop reading and posting on these forums.
    I know that he bashed Verdun, it just sounded kinda weird to me that you just told him to go and troll there, LOL. I dont think that he was a troll, more like one of the people who are extremely disappointed over something, though he did wrote a lot of essays here, lol. Such people just come in various variety, some are really extreme, some are just whiny, some are just disappointed and can complain and so on. But I do agree that sometimes it is hard nova days to differ normal person from a troll.

Well, unfortunately, as I said, there is things I do not really agree with, but again, it doesn't mean I am gonna force my opinions and views or anybody or being way too strict and persistent though. If people disagree with me, I am okay with that and I understand that, at least in this case.
    Last edited by FranciscoJuarezGarcia; 12-26-2015 at 11:05 PM.

USA Captain

Gather round the fire gents, have some popcorn the show has started.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian360 View Post
    Gather round the fire gents, have some popcorn the show has started.
    A show which we are not prone to allow start.
    Yes, the internet is one where people of disparate ideas and ideals might meet together in battle or in friendship. We at War of Rights, despite the name, prefer the latter. For Francisco, we do appreciate your voice in this matter. Again, while things might not seem fair as to those that do not have the money or timely opportunity to gain access to the few weapons or uniforms we have chosen, please keep in mind that even in 1862, uniforms and weapons of great variety were not in short supply. While you might not have access to those few benefits, the other long and short arms, and artillery will be more than enough to keep you sated.
    And for those like Arkansan who have commented on our side of the friendly debate, we also welcome your staunch defense of our success and our goals. However, I must entreat you to please in future be kind and understanding to those that do not immediately share such enthusiasm. There are legitimate concerns out there, but we hope that the Dev teams' conduct and efforts will show such concerns unwarranted.
    To all, please continue to discuss anything that you feel might be a problem. In turn, we must respect those who have taken such measures if they are sincere, and in so doing be respectful in our replies. Personally, I believe you all are more than up for such a task.
    Last edited by GeorgeCrecy; 12-27-2015 at 09:16 AM.

CSA Brigadier General

Thanks for the shoutout George! Its just hard for me to be kind and understanding when I'm being told my ideals are "stupid and pathetic".
    11th Mississippi Infantry, "Lamar Rifles" Company G [NA]

I am curious though, will these 4 special units (not sure about commanders though) appear in Single Player as NPCs you fight against (like they are part of enemy faction) or with (like they're part of your faction, depends on who you will be playing as)? Like, you cant play as them in multiplayer or as them in SP (depends on how SP will work though), but they still do appear as NPCs in SP to provide more variety in game?

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoJuarezGarcia View Post
    I am curious though, will these 4 special units (not sure about commanders though) appear in Single Player as NPCs you fight against (like they are part of enemy faction) or with (like they're part of your faction, depends on who you will be playing as)? Like, you cant play as them in multiplayer or as them in SP (depends on how SP will work though), but they still do appear as NPCs in SP to provide more variety in game?
    Unless I haven't read a recent update, there will be no single player aspect of the game. These unique units will only be able to be worn by the people who have donated. Everyone will be able to see that skin but will not be able to use it without the required pledge tier.