Some interaction with Company commanders and thier Commanding officers in the tent and being able to be reserves or help back depending on if they want to go out on the field or not.

Whenever entering Combat, your Generals should be able to make your Company enter the battlefield at anytime (so long as the battle hasn't ended) and from an initial deployment zone. Meanwhile while the Companies set as reserve forces are staying back and defending the retreat line, they can drill, the officers can be in the tent with the Commanders looking over the battle map and having thier companies planned out for them or veiwing the field to get ready to lead their men, and get pumped up for the attack or defense ahead. Then if a Company is too battered and lost half of thier unit (I am guessing their will be a limited respawn or no respawns until after the Battle.) in the battle leading them to have only so many men left, then a reserve Company can be sent in to either merge with them to help them recover, or replace them on the field, then a General ca call that badly beaten Company back and either have them replenished or keep them out of the battle for the rest of it. And if the enemy force disperses all of thier Companies then the same can be done with your side.

And the ability to retrieve flags and artillery peices.

For the flag it is obvious, the flag was a symbol of strength, unity, and power. The flag also played an Important role in showing you who was who and where your Country/ Company was. However if you were to take the enemy flag that could cut down on morale even if Players don't acknowledge it and shoot at them to try and get it back, it woul still make the battle feel more real. A system could also be added that since there is a points system i feel that advancing Regiment privates can get that flag, and bring it to their Officer who can bring it to any regiment and pass it on to base or cavalry and have them deliver it to Command HQ. Bringing down the smae amount of points such as loosing a platoon of 15-20 men. If no points then maybe an acheivement called "Rally round the flag..." (You successfully retrieved and held onto your fallen comrade's flag for the battle) "Favorite Color is red." (Kill 4-5 men trying to retrieve your or their flag.Or shoot 4-5 flag bearers.) "Medal of Honor" (Retrieve 2 flags either yours, the enemies, or both in a single battle) and finally "Capture the Flag....Literally" (Successfully retrieve 1 or 2 flags of the enemy force in a single battle)

The reason for the Swab and Cannon ammo is because it is not that difficult to load a Cannon (If you have read the manual or have seen it done) I don't know if you will be adding the clean and swab then reload charge and ball, but I would most likely stick to powder and ball reload first before moving on and attempting to something such as clean and dry the barrel then fire off the charge and ball. Although you are restricted to a rifle and catridge bag as well as primer bag by title if you are Line Infantry, you should be able to put your file on your back, pick up a swab and take control of any Confederate or Union artillery pieces that were abandoned in combat. This not just limited to Infantry but i believe Artillery would have the same one.