Page 285 of 286 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 2854

Thread: War of Rights Screenshots & Videos

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    According to Regulations. Federal Flags were 6'-6" x 6'-0" Confederate Flags were: 48" Square for Infantry, 36" Square for Artillery, and 30" Square for Cavalry.
    9th NY flag was 6x8 according to two sources.

We'll feature 8x6, 6x6.5 and 4x4 flag sizes.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler28256 View Post
    9th NY flag was 6x8 according to two sources.
    Right, but it is not a regulation flag.

More flags is always a good thing!

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    More flags is always a good thing!
    of course!

*mumbles* and flank markers would be also great
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

The Flags are really beautiful. Keep up the good work.

USA General of the Army

Question on the new 13th Penn Res (42nd)'s flag. Why is the Company I colour suddenly being used as the "National" flag?

National Flag

Company I Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Question on the new 13th Penn Res (42nd)'s flag. Why is the Company I colour suddenly being used as the "National" flag?
    According to the PA Archives (where the images above originate),

Due to the loss of the state color, Company I's flag was briefly used as the regimental color.
    The 42nd PA lost the National colors at Gaines Mill in June 1862. According to History of the Bucktails, they did not receive a replacement until one was presented to them after Fredericksburg by the 149th PA. The National colors you have linked above also comes from the PA Archives, but it has no corresponding information. It seemed possible to me that (1) it was the flag captured by the Confederates and reclaimed after the war by the Federal government, or (2) it was actually the replacement flag to the replacement flag, which the Bucktails also lost.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    According to the PA Archives (where the images above originate),

The 42nd PA lost the National colors at Gaines Mill in June 1862. According to History of the Bucktails, they did not receive a replacement until one was presented to them after Fredericksburg by the 149th PA. The National colors you have linked above also comes from the PA Archives, but it has no corresponding information. It seemed possible to me that (1) it was the flag captured by the Confederates and reclaimed after the war by the Federal government, or (2) it was actually the replacement flag to the replacement flag, which the Bucktails also lost.
    Thank you for answering.

Went digging into the History of the Bucktails when I read that the state colour was lost to see when it was lost exactually. Bit of a major embaressment to loose the colours! Feel like someone went "If you use a similar flag, they won't notice we lost the main one!" hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Bit of a major embaressment to loose the colours!
    Absolutely. One reason why researching campaign specific flags is so difficult is that regimental histories and after action reports frequently neglect to mention the loss of colors. I think this is not only to scrub the historical record of disgrace, but also to protect the memories of the men who died carrying the standard before it was lost.