Page 173 of 286 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2854

Thread: War of Rights Screenshots & Videos

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you both for the feedback.

I will monitor how it all plays out the next while (as I do for all newly released skirmish areas).

The reasoning for the placement of the capture area is to open up for possible gameplay both via the cornfield and the orchard as well as flanking via the open grassfields from the hagerstown pike (the 7th tried both during their attack of the farm).

While the stonewall is an excellent defensive area I don't think it should be within the capture area. It is such an obvious place to defend I fear it will be the norm. The advantage with a more "out of place" capture zone is it opens up for different tactics.

- Trusty
    I get what you mean, however, think about this (you even witnessed this I believe during an event on Piper Farm)

Union troops are put up on the fence. All the Confederates have are the orchard, which is limited to two people per tree safely, with three always endangering one person. The troops in the orchard are incredibly exposed on both sides even if you put troops on the left of the orchard in the open field because the Union troops who are already on the fence can pick the defenders off if they are in position to cover the left flank of the orchard troops, so the field troops pull back to the stone wall. All you have to do is advance troops up the hill, take the fence, quickly take out the orchard troops and replace them with Union troops (by now you are already capturing the point). Now move up the fence, battle with the stone wall troops, keep them preoccupied or even kill them all, and now the point is locked down. If the CSA were able to hold from the stone wall, they would be able to set up defenses there correctly and regardless of what happens up front, would always have troops in the point to prevent capture and allow for a counter attack that is not as hasty. I am not saying extend it into the whole walled in area, but at least include the stone wall plus a foot, and that would suffice.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 12-19-2017 at 01:12 AM. Reason: General revisions, condensed it a little bit also

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    I get what you mean, however, think about this (you even witnessed this I believe during an event on Piper Farm)

Union troops are put up on the fence. All the Confederates have are the orchard, which is limited to two people per tree safely, with three always endangering one person. The troops in the orchard are incredibly exposed on both sides even if you put troops on the left of the orchard in the open field because the Union troops who are already on the fence are able to pick the defenders off if they are in position to cover the left flank of the orchard troops, so they pull back to the stone wall. All you have to do is advance troops up the hill, via charge or standard advance, take the fence, easily take out the orchard troops and replace them with Union troops (by now you are already capturing the point), move up the fence and then battle with the stone wall troops who have retreated for cover, keep them preoccupied or even kill them all and soon enough you have the point. If the CSA were able to hold from the stone wall, they would be able to properly set up defenses there and regardless of what happens up front, would always have control and troops in the point. I'm not saying extend it into the whole area, but at least include the stone wall plus a foot and that would suffice.
    I've played the map three times with a decent amount of players. One time as the Union and twice as the confeds.

When I was playing as the confeds we took a good amount of time before figuring out how to use the ground to our advantage. If you match out in the actual capture zone you will be facing Union fire from the cover of the cornfield. Pull a bit back, however, and you'll find the terrain is very much to your advantage as the slop will cover you from the cornfield in the distance but still allow you to fire on enemies between you and the cornfield.

The stonewall is an excellent position to have some guys at should a heavy attack reach the capture point as they will be able to fire at the enemies from a fortified position.

- Trusty

I've played the map three times with a decent amount of players. One time as the Union and twice as the confeds.

When I was playing as the confeds we took a good amount of time before figuring out how to use the ground to our advantage. If you match out in the actual capture zone you will be facing Union fire from the cover of the cornfield. Pull a bit back, however, and you'll find the terrain is very much to your advantage as the slop will cover you from the cornfield in the distance but still allow you to fire on enemies between you and the cornfield.

The stonewall is an excellent position to have some guys at should a heavy attack reach the capture point as they will be able to fire at the enemies from a fortified position.

- Trusty
    The amount of times you have played on a map does mean much.

You are only further proving my argument. The point is that if a substantial attack reaches the point, they have thoroughly overwhelmed the troops up front and secured the area leading up to the stone wall, which is much more helpful to the attackers than the defenders. Also, if it is a heavy attack the stone wall troops will have some difficulty trying to push the Union, I know it can be hard because I have been part of it. And because the Union can wipe through the frontal defenses so quickly with their massive attack, the reinforcement wave will take long enough to where the stone wall troops risk being overrun themselves and the Confederates are at a significant disadvantage.

I do not want to fill up this thread with tactical debate though. Aside from the stone wall becoming a go-to position because of how helpful it would be, what other reasons are there for not including it?
    Last edited by McMuffin; 12-19-2017 at 01:24 AM.

The amount of times you have played on a map does mean much.

You are only further proving my argument. The point is that if a substantial attack reaches the point, they have thoroughly overwhelmed the troops up front and secured the area leading up to the stone wall, which is much more helpful to the attackers than the defenders. Also, if it is a heavy attack the stone wall troops will have some difficulty trying to push the Union, I know it can be hard because I have been part of it. And because the Union can wipe through the frontal defenses so quickly with their massive attack, the reinforcement wave will take long enough to where the stone wall troops risk being overrun themselves and the Confederates are at a significant disadvantage.

I do not want to fill up this thread with tactical debate though. Aside from the stone wall becoming a go-to position because of how helpful it would be, what other reasons are there for not including it?
    As stated in this or another thread, I forget, the defensive team is always at an advantage in terms of reinforcements as it spawns quite a bit closer to the capture point than the attacker.

Main reason is I want both flanks being useable (they were during the attack in real life) (there are only so many ways you can charge a stonewall with a barn to one of its flanks and yet another stonewall to its other flank) and I want a more dynamic area than just standing behind a stonewall for 40 minutes.

- Trusty

As stated in this or another thread, I forget, the defensive team is always at an advantage in terms of reinforcements as it spawns quite a bit closer to the capture point than the attacker.

Main reason is I want both flanks being useable (they were during the attack in real life) (there are only so many ways you can charge a stonewall with a barn to one of its flanks and yet another stonewall to its other flank) and I want a more dynamic area than just standing behind a stonewall for 40 minutes.

- Trusty
    Reinforcements spawning closer does not always help as much mid-battle, especially with maps like Burnside bridge, Hagerstown, Hooker's Push (on the rare occasion the Union actually moves to the spot at all), Dunker's church you can just nail reinforcements right as they enter the point, Piper Farm I think is relatively similar to dunker church where if you move properly you can shut off reinforcements or slow them down if you avdance to the area around the stone wall.

...I want a more dynamic area than just standing behind a stonewall for 40 minutes.
    Well, think about this, Burnside bridge is an excellent comaprison to Piper Farm. The fence right next to the point is an excellent fall back point because it is a very defendable area with cover and is within the capture range of the point. But, on Burnside bridge for the first half of the match, a lot of combat will happen up front and where both forces intitally come into contact with each other. And when the Confederates are overrun, similar to when they are overrun on Piper Farm, they retreat back to the very defendable area that may possibly have some reinforcements already there if the Confederates have the men to spare. Combat will focus will shift to this area until one side pushes the other out totally and wins, or the battle continues. Despite that very defendable fence being within the range of the capture point on Burnside Bridge, people don't just sit there for 40 minutes and be bored, no, they go up to the risky area near the bridge, similar to the field at Piper farm but not as open as the field, and fight the Union. So including the stone wall will not create stale combat that is at one spot for the duration of the match. Just like the fence on Burnside Bridge, the stone wall would allow for a solid area to set up premptive defenses for when the main frontal force is gone or just an excellent fallback point in general close to the main combat area, that is within control of the point.

Reinforcements spawning closer does not always help as much mid-battle, especially with maps like Burnside bridge, Hagerstown, Hooker's Push (on the rare occasion the Union actually moves to the spot at all), Dunker's church you can just nail reinforcements right as they enter the point, Piper Farm I think is relatively similar to dunker church where if you move properly you can shut off reinforcements or slow them down if you avdance to the area around the stone wall.

Well, think about this, Burnside bridge is an excellent comaprison to Piper Farm. The fence right next to the point is an excellent fall back point because it is a very defendable area with cover and is within the capture range of the point. But, on Burnside bridge for the first half of the match, a lot of combat will happen up front and where both forces intitally come into contact with each other. And when the Confederates are overrun, similar to when they are overrun on Piper Farm, they retreat back to the very defendable area that may possibly have some reinforcements already there if the Confederates have the men to spare. Combat will focus will shift to this area until one side pushes the other out totally and wins, or the battle continues. Despite that very defendable fence being within the range of the capture point on Burnside Bridge, people don't just sit there for 40 minutes and be bored, no, they go up to the risky area near the bridge, similar to the field at Piper farm but not as open as the field, and fight the Union. So including the stone wall will not create stale combat that is at one spot for the duration of the match. Just like the fence on Burnside Bridge, the stone wall would allow for a solid area to set up premptive defenses for when the main frontal force is gone or just an excellent fallback point in general close to the main combat area, that is within control of the point.
    I don't quite follow you. The fence on burnside is easily flankable as it does not have a massive barn covering its entire left flank like the stonewall at Piper farm does. It is also just a tiny corner of it that is within the capture area and that part doesn't have a clear view of most of rest of the capture area. In any case, you are right. If you wish to provide additional feedback please create a dedicated thread for it and we'll take it from there.

- Trusty

I don't quite follow you. The fence on burnside is easily flankable as it does not have a massive barn covering its entire left flank like the stonewall at Piper farm does. It is also just a tiny corner of it that is within the capture area and that part doesn't have a clear view of most of rest of the capture area. In any case, you are right. If you wish to provide additional feedback please create a dedicated thread for it and we'll take it from there.

- Trusty
    Will do, the thread for this is here http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...-Capture-Point

Here's the next track of the WoR soundtrack. This one's titled Glory And Sacrifice.

Hope you enjoy!

- Trusty

Here's the next track of the WoR soundtrack. This one's titled Glory And Sacrifice.

Hope you enjoy!

- Trusty
    Sounds great! It would be cool to hear a rendition of "The Bonnie Blue Flag" like you did with Dixie

USA Lieutenant General

Some Screens form the Saturday event (23.12.17)
    Thanks to all the people that played with us