Page 176 of 286 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2854

Thread: War of Rights Screenshots & Videos

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    Each map was a slugfest back and fourth!
    Save for when II Corps stropped over to Union at Dunkers when you didn't tell the 51st or 42nd the side swap so you could rush the point there. The point rush at Burnside squeeling "Union Bias. Oh and II Corps refusal to play Hooker's Push.

Even telling half truths would be better can such a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Here's a view from the other side of that:

It belongs to WeeFilly (AKA Private William Sable, F Co. 42nd PAVI), but it makes me wish I had alpha access.

Best,
    Dman979
    You have no idea my man, we traded volleys back and fourth. As we had scouts watching their position i know we had some devastating volleys. The Union boys charged our position and got utterly cut down as seen in this pic and trustys as well. Credit to them, they changed tactics in the 11th hour and pushed through the corn and attacked in a different way, which by that time we had lost a few guys and the tickets where against us. Amazing battle, really solid work on both sides. My only issue would be with us having far less tickets and yet historically the engagement at Pipers Farm had the Union with a 200 man regiment taking on 4 FULL STACKED CONFEDERATE BRIGADES! CSA should have more tickets on this map due to historical accuracy, yet it is quite the opposite. This particular battle proves my point too as we took on multiple advances by the Union & utterly annihilated their lines, yet with far less men killed we Lost the map. Just something to think about dev team....i would be far more appealed to open field line battles (as we where on this map) if it where a practical move by my part, as it stands now CSA must hold the CAP point for dear life. If we were to lose it, it pretty much guarantees loss, either we lose the point on the timer or we lose it taking back CAP Point with the losses in battle we take via recapturing. Great event this Sunday, so many great battles, this was an amazing start to 2018!
    Last edited by PAIOLETTI; 01-08-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

You have no idea my man, we traded volleys back and fourth. As we had scouts watching their position i know we had some devastating volleys. The Union boys charged our position and got utterly cut down as seen in this pic and trustys as well. Credit to them, they changed tactics in the 11th hour and pushed through the corn and attacked in a different way, which by that time we had lost a few guys and the tickets where against us. Amazing battle, really solid work on both sides. My only issue would be with us having far less tickets and yet historically the engagement at Pipers Farm had the Union with a 200 man regiment taking on 4 FULL STACKED CONFEDERATE BRIGADES! CSA should have more tickets on this map due to historical accuracy, yet it is quite the opposite. This particular battle proves my point too as we took on multiple advances by the Union & utterly annihilated their lines, yet with far less men killed we Lost the map. Just something to think about dev team....i would be far more appealed to open field line battles if it where a practical move by my part, as it stands now CSA must hold the CAP point for dear life. If we were to lose it it pretty much guarantees loss, either we lose the point on the timer or we lose it taking back CAP Point with the losses in battle we take via recapturing. Great event this Sunday, so many great battles, this was an amazing start to 2018!
    The attacker always have more tickets than the defender in-game. That is just how it works if we want an actual game and not a simulation with the same outcome each time.

Also, it was 4 skeleton brigades, not fully stacked ones.

In any case I wish the alpha testers would go into the alpha less competitive than they currently are - although it is very true it does force us to spend a lot of time on balancing (which is good to have done before a more public release) it also means we're spending time balancing before all core mechanics are in place (each time a core mechanic is implemented it is likely to change the balance all together again). This means there will often be balance issues during the alpha. To then go as far as surrounding me with 30 guys chanting "union bias! union bias!" in the spawn of hooker's push does nothing but mess up the feedback gathering and causes a divide in the community.

I will say again (I'm amazed I have to) no sane developer will try to make one side win more often than the other on purpose in a competitive game.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Well I'm sorry that "Union Bias" spoils the map for you. But this is the Screenshot thread, so cry about it somewhere else.

I got an okay one form Pvt. Blackwell (Co. E) from our rather poor attempt to hold Burnside Brigade. Trust me if you're not ready for the FULL Union side to come across squeeling like pigs.....you will not have a fun time trying to hold them off xD. We were cut down to put it lightly.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 01-08-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Save for when II Corps stropped over to Union at Dunkers when you didn't tell the 51st or 42nd the side swap so you could rush the point there. The point rush at Burnside squeeling "Union Bias. Oh and II Corps refusal to play Hooker's Push.

Even telling half truths would be better can such a claim.
    We played 2 maps as Union, i saw you and Mulcahy during these maps and quickly explained, in person, what we were doing. Once the two maps were over we went back to CSA. You know as well as i do that as it stands now the game isn't balanced...its nothing against you guys, and i will make sure i let yall know before we do it next time, but we will hop on Union just to prove the point. We aren't staying there for the entire event but, just long enough to prove how easy it really is. Don't take what I'm saying into offence, all i want is a somewhat even game. Historically the Union outnumbered the CSA in the battle at most points, so you should have more tickets but, its majorly over done. It goes to show that if we as II Corps can play Union and win both maps in about 4 minutes flat, its just too easy. I honestly cant stand playing union because i feel there is no challenge whatsoever. You guys did a great job though. Hats off to everyone that fought hard and showed their tenacity this Sunday. Hope to see you boys tomorrow night 8pm EST!
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The attacker always have more tickets than the defender in-game. That is just how it works if we want an actual game and not a simulation with the same outcome each time.

Also, it was 4 skeleton brigades, not fully stacked ones.

In any case I wish the alpha testers would go into the alpha less competitive than they currently are - although it is very true it does force us to spend a lot of time on balancing (which is good to have done before a more public release) it also means we're spending time balancing before all core mechanics are in place (each time a core mechanic is implemented it is likely to change the balance all together again). This means there will often be balance issues during the alpha. To then go as far as surrounding me with 30 guys chanting "union bias! union bias!" in the spawn of hooker's push does nothing but mess up the feedback gathering and causes a divide in the community.

I will say again (I'm amazed I have to) no sane developer will try to make one side win more often than the other on purpose in a competitive game.

- Trusty
    I understand Trusty, and you have a lot on your plate. Believe me we love the game, maybe a little too much! lol I could only imagine all the hard work put together by you guys to make this a solid game. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

Well I'm sorry that "Union Bias" spoils the map for you. But this is the Screenshot thread, so cry about it somewhere else.

I got an okay one form Pvt. Blackwell (Co. E) from our rather poor attempt to hold Burnside Brigade. Trust me if you're not ready for the FULL Union side to come across squeeling like pigs.....you will not have a fun time trying to hold them off xD. We were cut down to put it lightly.
    Hey that's okay Major, we hit them so quickly and so strong they never had a chance......but events go on and you'll have a chance to even the score. I see no reason to bad mouth one another on the forums. If u have an issue just send me a message. We all need to learn to fight each other but still act as gentlemen. If this game gets private servers in the future and all Union and CSA companies or organizations are at each others throats it only guarantees the death nail of this game. I'm not asking you or anyone to be my best friend but, the top tier of leaders in this game need to be able to step above the fray and work together to insure the game has a future. If not all this work we all put in is for not. WoR will die due to a community that couldn't get along when the progress of the game most needed it. I hope to see you boys tomorrow at 8pm EST. We will keep in communication so there are no discrepancies.
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

Hey that's okay Major, we hit them so quickly and so strong they never had a chance......but events go on and you'll have a chance to even the score. I see no reason to bad mouth one another on the forums. If u have an issue just send me a message. We all need to learn to fight each other but still act as gentlemen. If this game gets private servers in the future and all Union and CSA companies or organizations are at each others throats it only guarantees the death nail of this game. I'm not asking you or anyone to be my best friend but, the top tier of leaders in this game need to be able to step above the fray and work together to insure the game has a future. If not all this work we all put in is for not. WoR will die due to a community that couldn't get along when the progress of the game most needed it. I hope to see you boys tomorrow at 8pm EST. We will keep in communication so there are no discrepancies.
    Very well put.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Being on the Union side :

• The whole Union force formed a column on the road (a bit out of sight for the CSA)
    • We rushed that brigde pretty fast in one line making a smaller target.
    • We started full sprint by coming on on the bridge and never stopped untill we got uphill (bayonets rdy and rifles loaded)
    • Officer and Nco's stayed protected by their 'men' so they could lead after the initial assault and assist where needed.
    • We didn't really loose much men after the initial volley from the CSA.
    • The CSA was split up in smaller forces (or in cover) making them less effective to hold such a charge.
    • 'Union bias was shouted by some' (most where busy focussing though) not squeeling like pigs ... but hey that could sound pretty similar in the 'rage of battle'. *
    • The guys at the fence right (from Union view) got rushed in killed immediatly.
    • The guys left on the hill (5-6) got surprised, some where reloading, some tried to run ... they got run over.
    • A third force tried to held the cap in cover of the rocks under the command of an officer.
    • That cap also got overrun by Union troops coming from direct front, the side and the back.
    • We did got our rifles ready so surviving CSA or 'reinforcements' got fired at.
    • Once we took position at the fence at 'cap' in good numbers, then you know it's game over !

* It was the Union who started shouting Union bias first during an event, maybe trying to piss certain people off ... (well that escalated quickly)
    * Not saying II-corps all acted as gentlemen, or me saying 'hey 'they' started it, it has being going on for a while' ... (action and reaction)
    * You will find Major General Paoiletti a kind man of reason, I usually try to make an effort ... but I might get carried away

I've already adressed it, if the Union gets a good amount of men over that bridge (preferred at the start of battle), the CSA is in trouble :

• Will you hold the bridge (knowing you will get flanked or shot from the riverbeds)
    • Will you hold the bridge (knowing that will try and cap ? or shoot the 'reinforcements' trickling in -> spawncamping)
    • Will you split up force and try to fend/kill the men who made it accros (making the defence of the bridge even weaker)
    • Will you fall back in the fence, knowing you will get shot from three sides (and that is really a 'morale drain').

Luckily the Union does have a chance to get over that bridge, and that by 'the desertion line' ... otherwise that bridge would be a massive choke point.
    Last edited by Redleader; 01-08-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA General of the Army

Wow there you two take a sodding chill pill. What I said was clearly meant in good humour and jest. You slaughtered us as I clearly stated. No need to over react. This is the Screenshot thread, take is elsewhere.