View Poll Results: Are you for, or against the idea?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

23 19.17%
  • Against

79 65.83%
  • Impartial

18 15.00%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Purchasing In-Game Items or DLC?

USA General of the Army

Incoming Abraham Lincoln's Vampire Hunting Zombie Fest.

CSA Captain

we already did high tier purchasing with the kickstarter, there is no need for more pay to play items.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Sergeant

I don't think any pay-to-play items would be acceptable. This is a military simulation, not a free-2-play MMO. Paid DLC of resonable size, say more maps/battles, I would be fine with though.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

One type of getting more cash after the game release I think is acceptable is to allow for continued payment to the game through patreon or something. Continued donations mean continued development for the game BUT the game's extra content should be available to anyone to has bought the game once already.

CSA Captain

I see it like this, if a regiment want a specific 'battle flag' if a player wants a larger selection of beards, hats or shirts... then why not!

If a player wants that notorious Gatling gun, or if a team wants the latest artillery then HELL NO!

Keep DLCs Cosmetic and harmless!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Brigadier General

Against the idea entirely, I'm all on board with an expansion or dlc just as long as the Campfire games doesn't turn into paradox about it where all these mechanics that are added in dlcs that should have been in the base game or make dlc for idiotic things like beards.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    Against the idea entirely, I'm all on board with an expansion or dlc just as long as the Campfire games doesn't turn into paradox about it where all these mechanics that are added in dlcs that should have been in the base game or make dlc for idiotic things like beards.
    This.

Even the idea makes me want to vomit.

CSA Brigadier General

I am rather fond of the idea, however a little on edge. On one hand, historically you'd find all different kinds of fire arms on the battlefield, but it was for the most part as uniformed as each side could get it. I would be more willing to support the idea if it was less of a "anyone can buy these!" and more of a "we have [whatever amount] being sold, when the sell out they're gone."
    The only problem I'd have with that is that then only a selective few would be able to ever use that weapon and they'd eventually get bored of it or buy a better one, which brings me to my second point. If you could pay for special weapons, or any number of things, I'd like to see you be able to trade it with other members for whatever you agree on.
    Brigadier General Erwin Johannes
    Ewell's Division
    Florida Brigade, Commanding Officer
    "Any Fate but Submission."

We have no plans regarding DLC at this point. Best approach is obviously to just keep on expanding the game for everyone and hopefully that will keep winning new players over.

- Trusty