View Poll Results: Are you for, or against the idea?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

23 19.17%
  • Against

79 65.83%
  • Impartial

18 15.00%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchasing In-Game Items or DLC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSA Brigadier General

I feel like I've already addressed all of what Maximus stated. Couldn't disagree more.

As far as them having a lot of money.. No they don't. Take that money, divide it among the devs, and the amount of time they've put into the game. Then try to live off that. They are using it to hire more devs to work on the game as well. Meaning they have to work regular jobs, plus work on the game. Rather than having the money to work on the game full time and hire more devs.
    11th Mississippi Infantry, "Lamar Rifles" Company G [NA]

We are very well aware of the pro's and con's of such DLCs. We are all gamers our self and we know its a controverse topic
    But of course, keep your suggestions and feelings coming!

We have some plans for the future, which are just placeholders now. At first, we have to work on the game and finish it.
    But I can tell you that we don't want to split the community in the future. And of course, nobody should get any kind of payed advantage.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    I feel like I've already addressed all of what Maximus stated. Couldn't disagree more.

As far as them having a lot of money.. No they don't. Take that money, divide it among the devs, and the amount of time they've put into the game. Then try to live off that. They are using it to hire more devs to work on the game as well. Meaning they have to work regular jobs, plus work on the game. Rather than having the money to work on the game full time and hire more devs.

Yes. If the devs show that we get great stuff for our money so more people will spend their money for the dlc's. ( like paradox with EU4)

I want some dlc which add some little stuff and not a dlc which make the game playable. pls dont be like EA.

I hate dlc's but i understand Arkensans opinion and from this sight dlc's would be ok but only if they respect my upper post ( dont find the right word. sry for my bad english guys :/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    We are very well aware of the pro's and con's of such DLCs. We are all gamers our self and we know its a controverse topic
    But of course, keep your suggestions and feelings coming!

We have some plans for the future, which are just placeholders now. At first, we have to work on the game and finish it.
    But I can tell you that we don't want to split the community in the future. And of course, nobody should get any kind of payed advantage.
    good to hear.

What could be a dlc? and what can you say about my idea with the company tool? would it be possible? Sry i dont want to advertise myself but i love the idea
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 12-13-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Secretary of War

Im all for paying extra for new content and items of a cosmetic nature but am against any items that make a P2W angle to the game. DLC and expansions will be great and I have complete confidence that Campfire Games
    will not short change us on the content so I would have no problem paying for that.
    Captain Castile
    11th Mississippi Infantry Co. G "Lamar Rifles"

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I see no place where micro-transactions are necessary considering the developers raised over $100,000 in 28 days... and the game is still months from release.

The developers have mentioned the possibility of expanding the available battles in the far future, and I suspect these will come as dlc, however right now I doubt we will see any.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    I see no place where micro-transactions are necessary considering the developers raised over $100,000 in 28 days... and the game is still months from release.
    Thats what i think but if they want to create dlc's then, well i said it some post ago
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

Well personally, i don't like the idea of anything needing to be purchased beyond the game itself

I've already bought the game for well over what it's final cost will be
    I don't want to have to purchase anything beyond that to get what the developers make in the future

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Killobytes View Post
    Well personally, i don't like the idea of anything needing to be purchased beyond the game itself

I've already bought the game for well over what it's final cost will be
    I don't want to have to purchase anything beyond that to get what the developers make in the future
    Agreed! If War of Rights releases any DLC it should be free for Everyone!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
    Agreed! If War of Rights releases any DLC it should be free for Everyone!
    I reckon if its only like $5 USD for a DLC it wouldn't be such a bad thing you know.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy View Post
    I reckon if its only like $5 USD for a DLC it wouldn't be such a bad thing you know.
    *Looks at the Total war franchise*

Yeah DLCs can just sod off