Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Louisiana Infantry - Company A. "Crescent City Guards"

CSA Private

5th Louisiana Infantry - Company A. "Crescent City Guards"

*Thread In Progress*

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING?
    THE 5TH LOUISIANA REGIMENT HAS A RICH HISTORY AS A GAMING COMMUNITY, EXPERIENCED AND MATURE COMMANDERS AND PLAYERS ALIKE, EVERYONE CAN COME AND ENJOY THEIR TIME IN THIS OFTEN ORGANISED YET RELAXED ATMOSPHERE.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURSUING ENLISTMENT IN THE REGIMENT YOU MUST FIRST ADD A MEMBER OF THE TEAM ON STEAM AND EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST, AFTER THAT IT'S ALL GOING TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU IN FURTHER DETAIL. DON'T WAIT!

JOIN NOW!

^^^^^

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE REGIMENT

5th Infantry Regiment completed its organization at New Orleans, Louisiana, in May, 1861 with men from New Orleans and the parishes of St. Bernard, Bienville, De Soto, Lafourche, and Ouachita. Ordered to Virginia and assigned to the Department of the Peninsula, the unit totalled 744 men in April, 1862. During the war it was attached to General McLaws', Semmes', Hays', and York's Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia.

It participated in many conflicts from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, marched with Early to the Shenandoah Valley, then was involved in the Appomattox operations. The regiment reported 27 casualties at Manassas Junction, 50 at Sharpsburg, 53 at Chancellorsville, and 7 at Second Winchester. It lost more than thirty percent of the 196 engaged at Gettysburg and had 123 captured at Rappahannock Station. Only 1 officer and 18 men surrendered in April, 1865. The field officers were Colonels Henry Forno and Theodore G. Hunt, Lieutenant Colonels William T. Dean and Bruce Menger, and Major Alexander Hart.

Commissioned Officers:
    Captain
    First Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

NCO's:
    Sergeant Major
    Quartermaster Sergeant
    First Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Corporal
    Enlisted:
    Private
    Volunteer

Company A - Command
    Captain .. Henry Forno
    Second Lieutenant .. James Michalczyk
    Last edited by Diversey; 02-18-2020 at 05:50 AM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Congrats! Welcome to a famous group. And welcome to the CSA!

CSA Private

Thank you

Give 'em Hell Louisiana!

CSA Major General

Welcome to the Confederacy!

Good luck!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I am glad to be in such a great regiment, don't forget company B or C though.

USA Major

Good luck guys!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron1234q View Post
    I am glad to be in such a great regiment, don't forget company B or C though.
    One of the reasons companies was implement is to condense regiments to a more realistic size. A company of 20-25 strength is much more reasonable than 3 companies of 8.

Which is why we only saying A for now however, we have more than 20 people so we could say a B as well for Skirms

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Nativemann View Post
    Which is why we only saying A for now however, we have more than 20 people so we could say a B as well for Skirms
    I strongly advice against it. For now I suggest remaining Co. A as Infantry and seeing how things handle when the game is actually released.

I hate to say it but as an example glance over at my Roster. I have 0 intentions of going near another Company until the game is released.