Yes I saw your video on YouTube, this is a new 5th Louisiana

CSA Major

Welcome to the Confederacy!

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Miller View Post
    Welcome to the Confederacy!
    Thanks buddy.

CSA Major

It's good to see multiple Louisiana companies forming up, just one question why name them Wheat's Tigers? why not name them Hays Tigers since the 5th was under Hays command or you can name it Crescent City Guards since that was the name of Co. A. You can name it what you want I was just wondering why you named it wheats tigers is all, Hays commanded many LA. regiments throughout the war and Hays brigade and Starke's brigade swapped regiments quite a bit throughout the war so idk if the 5th was under Hays or Starkes command during the battle but I will check.
    Wheat's Tigers were at the battle but they had been merged with Coppens Zouaves before the battle to form the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion at least i think that is what it was called but they were in Starke's Brigade during the battle.
    Also if anyone is interested in a good read I recommend Lee's Tigers by Terry L. Jones it's about all the Louisiana units in the Army of Northern Virginia during the war and how fierce they were, very good read to anyone interested in Louisiana troops during the war
    Last edited by Legion; 02-29-2016 at 07:23 PM.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    It's good to see multiple Louisiana companies forming up, just one question why name them Wheat's Tigers? why not name them Hays Tigers since the 5th was under Hays command or you can name it Crescent City Guards since that was the name of Co. A. You can name it what you want I was just wondering why you named it wheats tigers is all, Hays commanded many LA. regiments throughout the war and Hays brigade and Starke's brigade swapped regiments quite a bit throughout the war so idk if the 5th was under Hays or Starkes command during the battle but I will check.
    Wheat's Tigers where at the battle but they had been merged with Coppens Zouaves before the battle to form the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion at least i think that is what it was called but they were in Starke's Brigade during the battle.
    Also if anyone is interested in a good read I recommend Lee's Tigers by Terry L. Jones it's about all the Louisiana units in the Army of Northern Virginia during the war and how fierce they were, very good read to anyone interested in Louisiana troops during the war
    The company was going to get a name change anyway, Wheat's tigers was simply a name that we adopted from playing NaS. We are open to suggestions that aim to improve the company. Thank you for the information and feedback.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    The company was going to get a name change anyway, Wheat's tigers was simply a name that we adopted from playing NaS. We are open to suggestions that aim to improve the company. Thank you for the information and feedback.
    If your going for historical accuracy you could name it Co. A "Crescent City Guards"
    Heres a link to a sight that has some info for the 5th. http://www.acadiansingray.com/5th%20Regt.%20Inf.htm
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If your going for historical accuracy you could name it Co. A "Crescent City Guards"
    Heres a link to a sight that has some info for the 5th. http://www.acadiansingray.com/5th%20Regt.%20Inf.htm
    I'll look into it, thanks.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Yep, I missed this completely, being more hung up on the Wheat's knick name more than the unit ID. Wheat's Tigers were the 1st LA.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Yep, I missed this completely, being more hung up on the Wheat's knick name more than the unit ID. Wheat's Tigers were the 1st LA.
    It's only a subtitle to the unit, we have no problem with changing it to Hay's Tigers or Crescent City Guards.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    It's only a subtitle to the unit, we have no problem with changing it to Hay's Tigers or Crescent City Guards.
    We're not trying to make you change the name, you are correct in the fact that they were known as Tigers, all Louisiana troops in the AnV were known as Tigers but some were more famous than others, like the 9th or 1st Special Battalion. Name them what you want, my company name isn't exactly historical either.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion