Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate flags?

CSA Colonel

Accurate flags?

I have been studying confederate flags of my state and thought about war of rights. My question is, Will there be battle flags such as the Richmond and Charlesyon Depot. flags as well as regimental flags that could effect your troops. (I know there will be flags I'm just specifically asking what flags) and will y'all enclose the flag lost by a South Carolinian Regiment but only known as the "Sharpsburg Flag"?

CSA Major

Accurate regimental flags for the Antietam / Sharpsburg battle is a must from my perspective and is compatible with the goals that the creators of the game have set. So I presume that it will be included. We will have to wait for an answer of the creators I guess.

USA Sergeant

Judging from what the Devs have been talking about so far there's either going to be lots of accurate flags to choose from, or custom flags that the company commander can chose. I'd actually prefer the custom flags because their are so many unit flags the Devs couldn't possibly add them all in.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by crazychester1247 View Post
    - snip -
    Crazy Chester, stop following me. You caught me in the fog. I don't need my rack fixed and I won't take Jack your dog. I'm a peaceful man.

USA Sergeant

Very impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

Hey there Locke,

I am happy to report that, as with everything else, we will do everything in our power to try and have historically accurate flags for each regiment. That being said, there were hundreds of regiments that took part, which would mean hundreds of texture files just for flags let alone all the rest of the customization we are hoping to include, and many of the flags have been lost. We cannot make any guarantees, especially in the case of the Sharpsburg Flag.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Hey there Locke,

I am happy to report that, as with everything else, we will do everything in our power to try and have historically accurate flags for each regiment. That being said, there were hundreds of regiments that took part, which would mean hundreds of texture files just for flags let alone all the rest of the customization we are hoping to include, and many of the flags have been lost. We cannot make any guarantees, especially in the case of the Sharpsburg Flag.
    Thank you very much, I am glad that my question has been answered.

USA Sergeant

Hey there Locke,

So will we be able to make custom flags? Come on it would save you guys a lot of work!

Also how do you guys get the quotees name in the quote?

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Colonel

i dont know, its just there

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Hey there Locke,

I hope you can I am from and live Maryland and from my families point of view the Maryland Campaign was like a liberation. Please do it justice too many men died for an understatement of this bloody campaign.