Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Simulating Officer loss/Importance

CSA Lieutenant General

Totally agree, the only thing we in the "public" can base things on before actually trying what works in the game is to use previous experiences we've had in other games when reaching conclusions. So Im open for everything, even tho I have thing I really want/ dont want to be in the finished game.

“Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world”.
    Abraham Lincoln – U.S. Congress, 1847"

CSA Major

Thats why I'm glad that the Devs are allowing testing for this game, that way we can try different things to see what works best while still keeping the game true to the original vision.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Thats why I'm glad that the Devs are allowing testing for this game, that way we can try different things to see what works best while still keeping the game true to the original vision.
    Completely agree.

So much input during alpha and beta from the comunity will result in the game we all want.

Just look at a game like verdun.

CSA Major

Agreed, the new update comes out on the 23rd there finally added Marines. Naval Action is another good example

USA Sergeant

If anyone dies they shouldn't be able to speak. That alone is enough to destroy a company's ability to fight if you kill an officer.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by crazychester1247 View Post
    If anyone dies they shouldn't be able to speak. That alone is enough to destroy a company's ability to fight if you kill an officer.
    That's exactly what I think, along with not being able to see. The problem with speaking though is that players can use teamspeak, thats why I think the screen going black or not showing you unit might work a little better

USA Sergeant

I agree with the black screen too. that way It'll be just like your dead. REALISM!

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Major

It's gonna be epic.

If you look at the screenshots that's not many people so just imagine 2-3 or even 400 players in a battle

USA Brigadier General

I know this issue of Officer loss is something I talk about in the 1stMN a lot with my colonel and captain, because on the battlefield at events anything can happen, Jon(colonel) goes down and are guys are in chaos for a moment, they are blindsided by this loss and don't know what to do, during that short time frame of the colonel dying and and the next in line taking command, it could lead to the ultimate demise of your unit. So we usually practice this during our trainings on wednesday, but i find it as an excuse to shoot at our guys and blow off steam. but we officers would go random confederates and act as skirmishers and shoot at their formations until the officer was killed, once he was kill we target ncos, basically testing the mental capabilities to see if our guys would break or if they would stand and countinue the last order given, and frankly it has a devastating effect, i've seen it countless times in events and training, hell i've shot Johnny Powers of the 5th Ga a couple times and the line sometimes turns to shoot at us or falls back in an unorganised fashion.

So to put it short, whether they implement a factor or not, you still have some form of unorganization from that unit, whether it's from getting the next in command to lead, or trying to get men to continue that order.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    I know this issue of Officer loss is something I talk about in the 1stMN a lot with my colonel and captain, because on the battlefield at events anything can happen, Jon(colonel) goes down and are guys are in chaos for a moment, they are blindsided by this loss and don't know what to do, during that short time frame of the colonel dying and and the next in line taking command, it could lead to the ultimate demise of your unit. So we usually practice this during our trainings on wednesday, but i find it as an excuse to shoot at our guys and blow off steam. but we officers would go random confederates and act as skirmishers and shoot at their formations until the officer was killed, once he was kill we target ncos, basically testing the mental capabilities to see if our guys would break or if they would stand and countinue the last order given, and frankly it has a devastating effect, i've seen it countless times in events and training, hell i've shot Johnny Powers of the 5th Ga a couple times and the line sometimes turns to shoot at us or falls back in an unorganised fashion.

So to put it short, whether they implement a factor or not, you still have some form of unorganization from that unit, whether it's from getting the next in command to lead, or trying to get men to continue that order.
    I agree, and after seeing that volley in the new officers video where the line is destroyed, I'm convinced that it's gonna be even worse than we think.

It's gonna be easier to pick off officers in this game than in M&B, but if I'm facing a line I'm not gonna worry about the officers to much.
    Last edited by Legion; 03-11-2016 at 07:55 AM.