Thread: Simulating Officer loss/Importance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSA Major

Simulating Officer loss/Importance

As you know Officers are very important to a company/unit, and losing officers could be devastating to a company. So my question is, how will you simulate officer loss in game? How will you make them feel important?
    I suggest that when an officer dies his screen goes black and he cant speak to his men, that way you wont have officers ordering their men around from the grave because they wont see whats going on and cant talk to their men.
    I also suggest that the spawn time for people or for officers at least, be at least 2 minutes because if officers spawn so fast that it was like they weren't gone then whats the point? Also the spawn point should be a little ways away that way they cant just jump right back in, I suggest a spawn point at least 1-2 hundred yards away from the unit.

The reason I'm concerned about this is because officers should be very important, when an officer dies it should be a major blow to the unit and could possibly shatter them if to many officers die to quickly.
    I suggest the things above because It would make officer loss more important than it is in most games and it would make players see just how important officers are to a unit.

So my idea is that there is no buffs or debuffs, morale should be visual effects on the screen like screen blur or shake or even a ringing noise.

ways to lose morale would:
    1- to lose to many men of the company to quickly or to lose officers
    2- small arms fire. the effects of small arms fire wouldn't last long, usually only as long as the unit is under fire.
    3- loss of colors, this should be a major one since the loss of the colors was seen as shamefull.
    4-lone wolfing, you should lose morale or be more prone to morale loss if you go lone wolf because soldiers felt more confident and less nervous if they could feel/see there comrades nearby.
    5- artillery fire- Artillery fire should should be pretty intense for morale, much more so than small arms fire, it should also have a longer effect.

ways to gain morale:
    1- capture the objective
    2- kill the enemy more than he kills you or just kill the enemy
    3-recapture lost colors
    4-have a general nearby encouraging you (this could be like a button the general presses to speak or rally the men kind like in total war)
    5- capture an enemy's colors

ways to resist morale loss:
    1-keep the colors
    2-follow order (this could work but if the order is shitty then it would suck to follow it)
    3-stay by your unit and fight together
    4- get reinforcements ( this could also be a way to regane morale

thats all I have so far, hopefully they add something like this in the testing faze that way we atleast could try it out.
    Last edited by Legion; 03-02-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion