Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Union Order of Battle Company Overview

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

Union Order of Battle Company Overview

The link that follows should take you to a spreadsheet that you can view that has been created for a couple of purposes.

These Orders list every regiment that was part of the Army of the Potomac that was involved in the Maryland Campaign. The listing then has companies A - K (except J) listed. In each cell where you see an "X" it indicates that the webpages on this site have been read and checked against the official rosters of the campaign.

I have notated in the original spreadsheet who created what company and the date of formation, so if there are more than one group claiming a company name, you members can PM me and I will let you know who to contact so you can work out arrangements.

There is also, if you scroll down far enough, links where these rosters were found and below that, a revision and revision date as more companies are formed and added to the charts. I will be updating as I see the changes. Also below these links, starts a second chart which lists all the companies that are formed for the Union forces that are not officially associated with the Orders of Battle for Antietam. This doesn't make you wrong.

Last edited by A. P. Hill; 10-05-2016 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Udated Roster

USA Brigadier General

Really really great work. If you need some help for updating say it
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

Thank you Sir.

I do believe the hardest part is over now.

USA Captain

Really Nice Overview! Thank you very much

Cpt. William Hexamer
    Battery Commander

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by zerosius View Post
    Really Nice Overview! Thank you very much
    Thank you. Part of the intent is for the community to use these overviews to their advantage.

USA General of the Army

Updated

USA General of the Army

Updated Mar 12 2016

USA General of the Army

Updated.

USA Captain

Apologies to ask as this may have a simple answer, but why are there 2 X's on my Company D (69th New York).
    Hoping it is that there has been a mistake, but may also be that there are two that have been made?

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Radical View Post
    Apologies to ask as this may have a simple answer, but why are there 2 X's on my Company D (69th New York).
    Hoping it is that there has been a mistake, but may also be that there are two that have been made?
    It's no mistake, a member by the name John Meow formed a company D of the 69th NY on Nov 11 2015. Your company D, was formed on Feb 07 2016.