Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Union Order of Battle Company Overview

Wow...I just stumbled onto this game by way of a couple guys in my reenacting unit. I looked over the order of battle spreadsheet. I don’t want to be that guy, and this in no way takes away from the amazing work done on that tool...but I was curious about the US Sharpshooters... they were te 1st and 2nd US Sharpstooers. Sharpshooters were a separate Branch from the Infantry so would not be considered US Regulars... which denotes Federal Standing Infantry Units. They were mentioned in reports of the time as US Sharpshooters, or USSS or just Sharpshooters. I point this out only because how they are labled in the spreadsheet may cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
    Wow...I just stumbled onto this game by way of a couple guys in my reenacting unit. I looked over the order of battle spreadsheet. I don’t want to be that guy, and this in no way takes away from the amazing work done on that tool...but I was curious about the US Sharpshooters... they were te 1st and 2nd US Sharpstooers. Sharpshooters were a separate Branch from the Infantry so would not be considered US Regulars... which denotes Federal Standing Infantry Units. They were mentioned in reports of the time as US Sharpshooters, or USSS or just Sharpshooters. I point this out only because how they are labled in the spreadsheet may cause confusion.
    Hello and welcome

Have a look at the officially company tool on our homepage. There you find the Sharpshooters as a seperate branch.
    Our company tool is more important for the game, although Hill did a good job with the spreadsheet.

There you see the already formed sharpshooter companies we have as well.

sharpshooters.jpg
    Last edited by Hinkel; 07-25-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Oh thank you...good to be here. I have to upgrade my computer, but I’ll be getting in on this in the next couple months

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post

Not sure exactly what you're saying! You don't want to be me?!! Goodness! How sad. I'm a fun loving guy that enjoys making spreadsheets.

First, Your preference of naming convention is noted however, I did the naming that way solely to identify those "Regular" troops from "Volunteer" sharpshooter units, it in no way applies any other way, or detracts therefrom.

Secondly, If you're suggesting that it's where they're listed in the O.O.B. chart, please understand, My sources make the point, or, your displeasure goes higher than me!

Also of note many histories state that these units were assigned to operate with other units as you can see from the linked pages above. They performed more as skirmishers in many cases.

And as regards the company tool, should you decide to play these units and do so historically, you should consider your organization part of the brigade shown in the O.O.B.

Thanks.

Respectfully,
    Powell

Alright sounds good