Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forming a battalion.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If the companies merge together to form a bigger clan then I'm sure it will just be player choice.
    But if you just mean in game then maybe would only open those leadership spots when multiple companies are formed in the same regiment and each company could get a vote on who leads or something.
    I don't really know though, it's hard to put into words so I guess we'll just have to test it in-game and see what works best.
    I can see how it would work on organized servers, but on random servers it would be more difficult to get the players to work together.
    Thing is the companies are to be organised affairs rather than random gatherings for skirmisher battles and random historical battles people will join team up and crack on.

See that's the thing that would be nice to know forming a battalion especially with 2 fellow random companies will require a comprise and votes on the leader but like I've wondered will it create a mini hq unit or will it mean the company of the leader get the option to promote someone to major etc. Going to be interesting.

I know what you mean about getting it to work but really when your doing special company events your not going to.get solo Random's these will be company events so I guess everyone will know how it's done.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Thing is the companies are to be organised affairs rather than random gatherings for skirmisher battles and random historical battles people will join team up and crack on.

See that's the thing that would be nice to know forming a battalion especially with 2 fellow random companies will require a comprise and votes on the leader but like I've wondered will it create a mini hq unit or will it mean the company of the leader get the option to promote someone to major etc. Going to be interesting.

I know what you mean about getting it to work but really when your doing special company events your not going to.get solo Random's these will be company events so I guess everyone will know how it's done.
    I think it's just gonna be dependent of the players willingness to work together. Battalions that are formed from clans merging together will be much easier to handle compared to random companies that form battalions in-game.

For instance, if a player forms Co. A of 1st LA then I would ask them if they wanted to form a battalion then we would elect a leader that way we wouldn't have to worry about that in game.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Brigadier General

I think it's just gonna be dependent of the players willingness to work together. Battalions that are formed from clans merging together will be much easier to handle compared to random companies that form battalions in-game.
    True and agree but I'm talking formal battalions rather than one game wonders tho. You do make a great point tho. :-)

CSA Major

True and agree but I'm talking formal battalions rather than one game wonders tho. You do make a great point tho. :-)
    Thats what I meant, I think battalions are gonna be more of a clan thing rather than an on the fly in-game thing.
    That's what I meant when I said I would ask him if he wanted to form a battalion(merge clans)

CSA Brigadier General

Thats what I meant, I think battalions are gonna be more of a clan thing rather than an on the fly in-game thing.
    That's what I meant when I said I would ask him if he wanted to form a battalion(merge clans)
    Ah I gotcha :-)

Like I say tho should you choose to team up as a battalion as a permanent fixture what will be the offical set up be great to know at some point as both companies would still need to be formed in case they decided to go their separate ways down the line. Be hard I think to get 2 battalions to form a regiment that's when gentlemen agreements will be needed haha

CSA Major

Ah I gotcha :-)

Like I say tho should you choose to team up as a battalion as a permanent fixture what will be the offical set up be great to know at some point as both companies would still need to be formed in case they decided to go their separate ways down the line. Be hard I think to get 2 battalions to form a regiment that's when gentlemen agreements will be needed haha
    Agreed, and honestly I don't see to many regiments forming in the future, it will probably go straight from battalion up to brigade and just skip the regiment. Most regiments were actually battalion sized during the war anyways.

CSA Brigadier General

Agreed, and honestly I don't see to many regiments forming in the future, it will probably go straight from battalion up to brigade and just skip the regiment. Most regiments were actually battalion sized during the war anyways.
    Very true :-)

CSA Major

Very true :-)
    The good thing is that companies will be close to their actual sizes, I know some companies only had 20-30 men during the battle.