Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions [please look here, before you ask]

Quote Originally Posted by JorD View Post
    Hello all, newbie here. I have seen many videos showing when shooting, the person was able to look down the sight as if in zoom. From what I can tell these rifles were not a sharpshooters rifle. My question is how does one enable the sight zoom?
    Welcome here!

Not an in-game feature - just a video edit by the youtuber you're watching (likely Cody).

- Trusty

Lol, thanks for the clarification. Also thanks for the welcome.

I just got the game and have enjoyed it so far. Thank you to to all the developers who have worked on it for so long. I'm excited to see how it continues growing beyond Alpha.

I have a couple of noob questions:

1. I understand that the game is a simulation and aims for realism (which I think is great). All that said, is there any way to tell generally where the enemy is? I've only played a few times, but it seems like the CO orders us to shoot in a random direction at a cornfield or tree stand even though I can't see anything out there. Am I missing something?

2. Is there any way to pull up the battlefield map in game? I understand that there's no "live" map and wouldn't expect one, but I mean the map you see at the loading screen. It would be great to reorient myself.

3. There's no way to know for sure if you got a kill, right? I mean, unless you're up close and personal.

Thanks and keep up the great work dev team!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I just got the game and have enjoyed it so far. Thank you to to all the developers who have worked on it for so long. I'm excited to see how it continues growing beyond Alpha.

I have a couple of noob questions:

1. I understand that the game is a simulation and aims for realism (which I think is great). All that said, is there any way to tell generally where the enemy is? I've only played a few times, but it seems like the CO orders us to shoot in a random direction at a cornfield or tree stand even though I can't see anything out there. Am I missing something?

2. Is there any way to pull up the battlefield map in game? I understand that there's no "live" map and wouldn't expect one, but I mean the map you see at the loading screen. It would be great to reorient myself.

3. There's no way to know for sure if you got a kill, right? I mean, unless you're up close and personal.

Thanks and keep up the great work dev team!
    I'm not a dev but maybe I can help a bit. And no such thing as a noob question, we all start somewhere.

#1. Usually you can tell what direction the enemy 8s coming from. Either by sound, seeing smoke from gunfire of theirs, certain him using his binoculars etc.. that's not to say that every officer knows what they are doing but you will start to notice things more over time.

#2. The only map available right now is the one you see at the beginning of the map. You can bring it up again by hitting F2 during the match. I know it's not the best of maps but it does give you a idea of where you start, enemy starts, and where the point is. Again it gets better with more time played.

#3. There is no hit notification at this time and the dev's donit plan on adding one, which I am thankful for, but I hate to sound like a broken record it gets better with time. If your firing into corn or smoke filled area your only sign that you killed them is they aren't shooting at you anymore lol. But if they are standing in a open field or anywhere that you can make out their body you will start to notice them falling if you hit them. I hope I was able to help and ask away if you have more questions.

Welcome to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    I'm not a dev but maybe I can help a bit. And no such thing as a noob question, we all start somewhere.

#1. Usually you can tell what direction the enemy 8s coming from. Either by sound, seeing smoke from gunfire of theirs, certain him using his binoculars etc.. that's not to say that every officer knows what they are doing but you will start to notice things more over time.

#2. The only map available right now is the one you see at the beginning of the map. You can bring it up again by hitting F2 during the match. I know it's not the best of maps but it does give you a idea of where you start, enemy starts, and where the point is. Again it gets better with more time played.

#3. There is no hit notification at this time and the dev's donit plan on adding one, which I am thankful for, but I hate to sound like a broken record it gets better with time. If your firing into corn or smoke filled area your only sign that you killed them is they aren't shooting at you anymore lol. But if they are standing in a open field or anywhere that you can make out their body you will start to notice them falling if you hit them. I hope I was able to help and ask away if you have more questions.

Welcome to the game!
    Thanks! That's really helpful about f2 for the in-game map, thanks. I actually have two other questions:

1. Is there any downside to always having your bayonet fixed? Does it slow down reloads or make it harder to hold the gun steady?

2. How does the company feature work? Is there a basic explanation somewhere? From what I gather, you join one and then play planned battles with other companies at certain times rather than playing skirmishes in the public servers?

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post

1. Is there any downside to always having your bayonet fixed? Does it slow down reloads or make it harder to hold the gun steady?

2. How does the company feature work? Is there a basic explanation somewhere? From what I gather, you join one and then play planned battles with other companies at certain times rather than playing skirmishes in the public servers?
    1. Having the bayonet on does not change the gun's accuracy or reload time. It does make it harder to hold the gun steady, though, and will case the weapon to drop more quickly.
    2. It's kinda like a clan system. Companies will fight each other at prescheduled events, but by no means does it stop you from public play.

Best,
    Dman979

I haven't been able to find anything yet, but I purchased the major physical edition last year, I'm wondering when I would receive the physical items as I have not received anything yet. :/
    Any information would be helpful, thanks.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfstar702 View Post
    I haven't been able to find anything yet, but I purchased the major physical edition last year, I'm wondering when I would receive the physical items as I have not received anything yet. :/
    Any information would be helpful, thanks.
    Not to worry.
    Items granted with level contribution are not given till the game goes live. As of this moment it's not.

USA Sergeant

I have had the rank of sergeant for about a year now, and i know the steam keys for them have been released. I changed my rewards email to my actual email, but i don't have the steam key what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I have had the rank of sergeant for about a year now, and i know the steam keys for them have been released. I changed my rewards email to my actual email, but i don't have the steam key what should i do?
    Hello.

Thank you for backing us. I sent a PM to you with your Steam key