Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a company/members.

Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

CSA Captain

8th Virginia, Company F

We request any able volunteers to heed the call of Virginia! More importantly the call of the South! If you are interested you may contact me here on the forums or add me on steam and send me a message!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198410360473/

CSA Captain

Contact me on steam if interested
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198410360473/

(Sorry for posting again so soon, I just got our new poster, so I was eager to use it)

From Seven Pines to Sharpsburg and Chancellorsville to Spotsylvania, the Third Alabama Regiment played a key role in the Civil War. One of the first infantry units from the Deep South to make the journey to Virginia in 1861, the Third Alabama was the first to cross the Potomac into Maryland and to enter the streets of Gettysburg in 1863.

"For the young men of the Mobile Cadets, the heady excitement of the first months of 1861 must then have seemed like a dream come true. Here at last was the opportunity to make the fantasies of military glory a reality. The company had been formed in 1845, and then as now contained some of the finest youth from the wealthiest families of Mobile. Alabama. Since the early days, the cadets, while excelling at military drill and target practice, had been little more than a social club. Now, with the Federal evacuation of Fort Sumter, the possibility of war seemed very real. So real, in fact, that the captain of the cadets was waiting in the telegraph office following the news of the evacuation when the call for volunteers was received. A return message was immediately sent to the Alabama governor offering the services of the Mobile Cadets to the Confederacy. Within days, the cadets moved to Montgomery, where they were designated Company A, 3rd Regiment Alabama Infantry. The 3rd was the first Alabama command to leave the state for Virginia, where on May 4, 1861, at Lynchburg, they were mustered into Confederate service.

While at Lynchburg, the cadets received M1841 Mississippi rifles with saber bayonets, which were shipped to that point from Alabama's Mount Vernon Arsenal. From Lynchburg. the 3rd Alabama was ordered to Norfolk, Virginia, where it remained until the city was evacuated on May 5. 1862. The Mobile Cadets found the action they had looked for in the Seven Days' battles before Richmond. At Sewn Pines and Malvern Hill, the 3rd Alabama lost a total of 367 men killed and wounded. At Malvern Hill, the dead of the 3rd Alabama included two Mobile Cadets, both killed bearing the regimental colors."

In the Antietam Campaign:
    In his report of the battles of Boonsboro and Sharpsburg, General Rodes wrote: "The men and officers behaved well, but Colonel Gordon's Sixth Alabama, Major Hobson's Fifth Alabama, and Colonel Battle's Third Alabama deserve special mention for admirable conduct during the whole fight.'' The Regiment was among those few defending Turner's Gap on South Mountain on September 14th, and in the fierce fighting in the Sunken Road during the midday of the 17th.
    Last edited by brentcarter; 02-10-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Captain P. Clebrune
    Commander of
    Company F "French Legion"

In 6th Louisana Tiger Batallion

From Seven Pines to Sharpsburg and Chancellorsville to Spotsylvania, the Third Alabama Regiment played a key role in the Civil War. One of the first infantry units from the Deep South to make the journey to Virginia in 1861, the Third Alabama was the first to cross the Potomac into Maryland and to enter the streets of Gettysburg in 1863.

"For the young men of the Mobile Cadets, the heady excitement of the first months of 1861 must then have seemed like a dream come true. Here at last was the opportunity to make the fantasies of military glory a reality. The company had been formed in 1845, and then as now contained some of the finest youth from the wealthiest families of Mobile. Alabama. Since the early days, the cadets, while excelling at military drill and target practice, had been little more than a social club. Now, with the Federal evacuation of Fort Sumter, the possibility of war seemed very real. So real, in fact, that the captain of the cadets was waiting in the telegraph office following the news of the evacuation when the call for volunteers was received. A return message was immediately sent to the Alabama governor offering the services of the Mobile Cadets to the Confederacy. Within days, the cadets moved to Montgomery, where they were designated Company A, 3rd Regiment Alabama Infantry. The 3rd was the first Alabama command to leave the state for Virginia, where on May 4, 1861, at Lynchburg, they were mustered into Confederate service.

While at Lynchburg, the cadets received M1841 Mississippi rifles with saber bayonets, which were shipped to that point from Alabama's Mount Vernon Arsenal. From Lynchburg. the 3rd Alabama was ordered to Norfolk, Virginia, where it remained until the city was evacuated on May 5. 1862. The Mobile Cadets found the action they had looked for in the Seven Days' battles before Richmond. At Sewn Pines and Malvern Hill, the 3rd Alabama lost a total of 367 men killed and wounded. At Malvern Hill, the dead of the 3rd Alabama included two Mobile Cadets, both killed bearing the regimental colors."

In the Antietam Campaign:
    In his report of the battles of Boonsboro and Sharpsburg, General Rodes wrote: "The men and officers behaved well, but Colonel Gordon's Sixth Alabama, Major Hobson's Fifth Alabama, and Colonel Battle's Third Alabama deserve special mention for admirable conduct during the whole fight.'' The Regiment was among those few defending Turner's Gap on South Mountain on September 14th, and in the fierce fighting in the Sunken Road during the midday of the 17th.

Looking for a Good, active, chill Company thats not in to strict that uses Disocrd

here is my steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/General_Ben
    here is my discord: General Ben#2824

The 4th NJ Co A is in the forming stage however our leadership has experience with running a company (Former Captain of the 2nd Massachusetts Co A). If you're looking to be part of a mature group looking to use real tactics from the period the 4th Co A may be for you. Currently we are looking for NCOs, if your interested hop in our Discord to talk anytime or enlist in the company tool.

IRL I'm a re-enactor with the 4th NJ Co A, if your in New Jersey and interested in Reencating check out our website at http://4thnj.org/

CSA Captain

Texans!
    Recruits are wanted for the 1st Texas Infantry Regiment!
    Any player looking for a group with teamwork and aggressive style of gameplay look no further!

Company List:
    Company A
    Company B
    Company E
    Company F

Company H

Videos of 1st Texas In action!

Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

I'll make this as brief as possible. I'm Gaines, better known in the NW community as Sir Doctor Professor and I have extensive experience in the battlefield leadership and senior administration of units. I don't have the NaS/WoR community connections required to take on the management of a unit alone so I'm looking to see if any existing units are looking for officers. If you're interested I can offer greater detail on my past exploits and I'm obviously willing to be subject to a trial period in the position that I would hopefully fill. I'm NA but I have a flexible schedule so as far as times are concerned so I should be able to work with a unit from any region. I currently have an existing unit (2nd Mississippi, Company F) with a dozen or so members that has been in a state of suspension due to time constraints I was subject to until recently. If I secure a position in your unit I will disband the 2nd MS Co. F and integrate what members of it I can corral into yours. I can be contacted on Steam here. I look forward to hearing back!
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar